GP4 2008 season

Posted by don_jab 
GP4 2008 season
Date: May 26, 2008 02:15PM
Posted by: don_jab
Hi guys, i've been playing on a 2007 season for the past year, now i'm working on 2008. Not a mod or anything but i have the new cars/tracks etc designed including valencia street circuit and force india car.

I've nearly finished but i need help on changing menu text. For example on the main menu tere are four options, i need to know how to change the text there and also how to change background music on the main menu

The reason for this is so that on the menu i can choose from 2007 season & 2008 so then i dont have to get rid of 2007 designs. Please help me on how to change menu text and music.

I have tried a lot of utilities/editors but cant find which file actually holds the text for the menus or the background music.

Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks
Re: GP4 2008 season
Date: May 26, 2008 07:00PM
Posted by: Bruninho
What I see here is a huge demand for 2007/2008 mods... There are a lot of 2007/2008 cars, physics, helmets around the place but no mods... I was going to suggest - why not - someome experienced with CSM to create a step-by-step tutorial on how to mount your own 2007/2008 mod with the files available up-to-date?

I find it ridiculous to wait months, months and months for a MOD, only because of authorization requests blocking them for being released to the public. So the best way would be to show how to do your own mod, for personal use only! That would be good enough to keep us distracted while a proper and complete mod of these seasons isnt ready/released.

just my two cents, I wanted to do my own mod for personal use, but I have zero knowledge about this so I am stuck here.

Date: May 26, 2008 07:02PM
Posted by: neldav03
There is a mod for 2007 (I think) which is available at GP4DB.com and GP4Italia.com.
Date: May 26, 2008 07:07PM
neldav03 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There is a mod for 2007 (I think) which is
> available at GP4DB.com and GP4Italia.com.

Thats a beta mixing new and old cars. Its not even a complete new 2007 mod and its outdated.

Plus I also mentioned 2008.

Date: May 26, 2008 07:18PM
Posted by: cduk_mugello
Bruninho Wrote:
>
> So the best way would be to show how to do
> your own mod, for personal use only! That would be
> good enough to keep us distracted while a proper
> and complete mod of these seasons isnt
> ready/released.

What a great idea; I've wanted to learn how to do this kind of thing for ages but not a clue how to go about doing it

Good luck trying to get someone to do it though ;)

Christian
Date: May 26, 2008 08:46PM
Posted by: n00binio
i think the easiest way to learn how to put together a mod is having a deep look into an existing one.
if your work is only for personal use you can copy the whole structure of a mod and only change the cars, settings etc.
Date: May 26, 2008 09:50PM
Posted by: paranoik0
n00binio Wrote:
> i think the easiest way to learn how to put
> together a mod is having a deep look into an
> existing one.
> if your work is only for personal use you can copy
> the whole structure of a mod and only change the
> cars, settings etc.

I've tried that and ended up with a complete mess. And sorry for the lack of modesty, but it's not like I'm usually the kind of guy that can't figure these things out. A tutorial would be very helpful.

But there's already a simple "create mod from .wad" option in CSM, that might be an interesting way to make this kind of thing. I'd just like to know how to use that, then add physics, performances and sounds, for example.
Date: May 26, 2008 10:19PM
Posted by: n00binio
jup, that feature is very helpful, a small guide how to use it (not sure if it is 100% correct)
0. backup all things you want to change
1.put all cars, images etc you want to use into gp4, set cams etc with team editor or gp4 tweaker
2.use that create mod feature and select all the data you want in your mod, wait till everything is copied
3a tweaker: if you used tweaker for cam settings etc put all tweaker files into the tweaker folder in the modname\data folder
3b team editor: if you used te put the .car into the patch folder in modname\data
4. load perf file(s) and physics file via gpxpatch. these files should be located in the gp4\gpxdata folder (together with all the gpxpatch iniĀ“s etc)
5. copy the content of this gpxdata folder into the gpxdata folder in modname\data
6. restore gp4 to default with your backups

your mod should work now (i hope so, please tell me if not-i made that description out of my memories)
Date: May 27, 2008 12:36AM
well guys i started off with the first post and said i have nearly finished my mod 2008 so it wont be a long wait if someone help me with the final stages. I just need to know how to edit text on the main menu. please help !!!!!!!
Date: May 27, 2008 12:54AM
create mod from wad? wheres that option?

Date: May 27, 2008 01:19AM
Bruninho: Extra stuff -> build CSM set

don_jab: It is very impressive if you managed to do all the work by yourself, but if you included cars done by other people, you're gonna have to ask for permission to every author for every single car, track, helmet, etc, otherwise people here are going to be pissed off and the mod will eventually be black-listed by CSM. Sucks a bit, it's one of the reasons why it takes so long for mods to come out, but it's the rules - if you had spent a ton of hours developing a car and then someone included it in a random mod without asking or saying you did it, you'd probably be pissed off.

I'm not trying to call you a leecher or anything, it's just that this sounds too good to be true, so I'm giving the heads-up. ;-) This all assuming you're planing on finishing this and sharing with the community, of course.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2008 01:20AM by paranoik0.
Date: May 28, 2008 08:02PM
thanks for the replies, i totally understand what you mean about these cars however many of them say in their gp4 file that they grant permission however once i have finished the mod i can obviusly use it for personal use but as an extra i will try and get permission off these authors and credit them in the mod and if allowed then i would love to share it with the gp4 community.

The only things that i used from other authors were 8 out 11 cars, i designed the findia, honda & williams myself this year. All track changes are also mine for example the new monaco pit exit where they removed the barriers on the first corner. i've updated every track with all new changes and currently designing singapore track however this is likely to take a long time. All other smalle things like helmets, garages, ads and textures i have completely remade so their isnt a lot of stuff i need to get permission for however i will need to. Most designers have used utils such as zmodeler, gp4 builder etc. to edit stuff, i tried Corel graphics suite and it turns out that it can actually open a lot more files than i thought and as i am familiar to it i have designed most textures and objects using this.

The season 08 is looking very good so far and the new physics file turns out to be amazing. I used a lot of real life data then updated these values to optimum levels keeping it realistic and you will love this physics file, the handling is a dream. if anyone wants to try my physics file just let me know...

One thing i need help for is editing the menu text. does anyone know which file this is in?

i am trying to put in extra options such as 2006, 2007 and 2008 seasons and also winter testing, i have designed how to make it work but need to link it up with menus rather than users having to load save files

please help!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks
Date: May 28, 2008 11:01PM
That still sounds too good to be true, lol. If you did that all by yourself it's REALLY impressive, that's an huge amount of work! Good luck in setting up the rest of the things. I'd offer my help but I'm not very good at anything useful nor have much time. However there are other people here that could probably help you, I'm surprised there's no more replies.
Date: May 28, 2008 11:28PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
is everything ready and you are waiting only for authorization or do you have a lot more work to do on cars helmets and other stuffs
Date: May 29, 2008 12:04AM
Posted by: vesuvius
maybe you could show some screenies from your Honda,Williams and Force india?:p would love to see screenies from tracks also !:D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2008 12:04AM by vesuvius.
Date: May 29, 2008 01:14AM
Posted by: rosberg91
yeah I would like see some screenshoots of Valencia and also new own cars are welcome ........
Date: May 29, 2008 01:27AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
I think its too good to be true. But you never know...
Date: May 29, 2008 01:32AM
it would be fantastic have these tracks released before of rispective f1 gp

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2008 01:32AM by rosberg91.
Date: May 29, 2008 02:04AM
sorry, forgot to mention valencia, that isnt just a track change, thats a whole new track so valencia and singapore are under construction. Took me nearly 10 months to make 2007 season but obviusly i just kept it for personal use as their were already many different ones made before i finished.

Yes i can provide screenshots but i am new to this site, don't know how to upload images. You said you wanted to see honda, williams & force india. no problem just tell me how to upload images.

But i'm still looking for helpers. I could finish this much quicker if i had a few trackmakers then atleast i could concentrate more on the other stuff.

Although it sounds good there are a few problems i'm still working on. On removing barriers on the monaco track and adding the pit lane i can't seem to get the tarmac texture into that space.

Also another problem is frame rate. some tracks run very smooth but others get very slow on some corners and that obviusly isnt a design fault as all of the textures are there, i cant solve that so again need some trackmakers to help me.

Otherwise everything else is working very good

Can someone find some trackmakers for me then i can give the new valencia job to them while i do singapore street circuit. got the new maps and everything and started the basic build but need helpers to speed things up otherwise i'll end up finishing 10 months late again!!

Especially when i got all of this a-level stuff to be doing

If anyone can help, please let me know then we can have a little convo to update you on the progress and get going for a good 2008 mod.....

thanks
Date: May 29, 2008 02:07AM
can you send to my email on my profile I will upload for you?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy