Ferrari F2008 Update by Racervieh

Posted by Racervieh13 
Ferrari F2008 Update by Racervieh
Date: May 17, 2008 11:26PM
Posted by: Racervieh13
Hi there,

Because I got a lot of PMs to send my little Ferrari update around I thought I could also make a release for this car so everybody can drive it. As I've written in the screenshot thread I didn't spend a lot of time into this project and there are still very much bugs on it.
Just write here if you'd prefere a public release of this F2008 update though. If there's a lot of interest in this, I'll ask the guys who made the original MMG 2007 Ferrari for permission.

Here the latest preview screens

Probably I wont work more on the Ferrari cause there's no real motivation. And I'm also busied with some things in my personal life.
So the car you see on the screens will be the final one

Greetings from
David

CTDP 3D-Artist

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2008 11:26PM by Racervieh13.
Re: Ferrari F2008 Update by Racervieh
Date: May 17, 2008 11:31PM
Posted by: SilverBlaze
"I'll ask the guys who made the original MMG 2007 Ferrari for permission. "

Unfortunately, as I remember, someone wrote at GP4World that MMG won't give permission to release any modifications to their cars.. ?

HD SUZUKA - MENU ADDONS - ONBOARD CAMERAS - VIDS
Date: May 17, 2008 11:37PM
Posted by: RRoobbiinn
Well, that would be a real shame, I really like the car!
Date: May 17, 2008 11:46PM
I just looked around in Gp4 World and found this post by Paolo:

"I have recieved a few PM`s and Mails from members asking if we will be giving permission for edited Shapes and Textures.Some clarification on this is needed i think.Whilst it is great that people like our work and want to use it as a base to develop their skills ect, we can not give permission for release to the public.There are many reasons for this,but mainly because all the work done on this project by GP4/MMG Modding Group & MAK Modding Group is an on going process,by that i mean that there will be season updates released by the Group , eventually culminating in a full 07 Mod for GP4. So,we are not denying people permission because we are being mean,it is purely because there will be official Releases in the near future.I hope that clears up certain aspects,thanks for taking the time to read this."

So there will be no public release for this car. I'm sorry for all those guys who wanted to drive with this car until a real F2008 from Craigo and from Rodrigo is available.

CTDP 3D-Artist

Date: May 18, 2008 12:39AM
Posted by: schumi_15
nice mate :) Thanks :)
Date: May 18, 2008 03:42AM
Posted by: Willb
Nice try mate, shame we cant have it tho :(

Still,great work :)

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...
Date: May 18, 2008 10:06AM
Posted by: Bigbrother
Very selfish from the MMG team of course then they are surprised that leeched version will get released on the net. With this kind of attitude, greedyness i will use a leeched version for sure cause not giving premission to others is not community vision/spirit.
Date: May 18, 2008 10:55AM
Posted by: kimifanaat
Well it is too bad you cant share it with us, but it is the way it has to be :)
Nice Ferrari !
Date: May 18, 2008 11:33AM
Posted by: autogyro
Bigbrother Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Very selfish from the MMG team of course then they
> are surprised that leeched version will get
> released on the net. With this kind of attitude,
> greedyness i will use a leeched version for sure
> cause not giving premission to others is not
> community vision/spirit.

Very selfish of you, of course leached versions get released on the net because people like you download them. With this kind of attitude, no wonder car creators are less likely to bother making cars when people steal their VERY hard work. Leeching others' work is not the community vision/spirit.

Works both ways. If you have more leechers, you get less well crafted cars and less modelers bothering to make a new version. Then what are you going to leech, when all the modelers have left?
Date: May 18, 2008 11:44AM
i have problems with leechers but if people that wants to make something and ASK premission and gets denied there i have an issue with cause not give premission is selfish and not thinking of the community in the first place.

For the record i don't leech work but if a car from the MMG team is leeched and released, yes i'll use it if the quality is good. Crap jobs don't get into my game. And by the way, we had a thread in here a few weeks ago that MMG are leechers, Lyers themselves so ...
Date: May 18, 2008 01:58PM
Posted by: SAMF1
talkin about MMG f2007 how was the progress with f2007 late season car?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2008 01:59PM by SAMF1.
Date: May 18, 2008 02:29PM
Posted by: Killer
Bigbrother Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i have problems with leechers but if people that
> wants to make something and ASK premission and
> gets denied there i have an issue with cause not
> give premission is selfish and not thinking of the
> community in the first place.
>
> For the record i don't leech work but if a car
> from the MMG team is leeched and released, yes
> i'll use it if the quality is good. Crap jobs
> don't get into my game. And by the way, we had a
> thread in here a few weeks ago that MMG are
> leechers, Lyers themselves so ...

so are you saying MMG are leechers?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2008 02:53PM by Killer.
Date: May 18, 2008 03:01PM
Posted by: sunny1304
instead of blaiming MMG we should thank to Racervieh who has taken the thing in a much easier way than the others.
Date: May 18, 2008 04:28PM
Well actually , Paolo said that you may not give MMG-cars of the 2007 season, because there are season updates on the car that MMG made. But because it is a 2008 car based upon a 2007 one (so MMG will probalby make a new one from scratch) you can release it , no?
Date: May 18, 2008 04:46PM
I can give it a try. I just need the correct Email address of the author to ask him for permission...

CTDP 3D-Artist

Date: May 18, 2008 05:16PM
Posted by: jpmfw
This again comes down to being petty,right from the start there was the understanding that no permission would be given for any GP4 alterations,the argument that it`s now 2008,so the limitation on the 2007 Cars does not apply.It does,all the way through to 2009.GP4/MMG Modding Group is part of a Commercial Group,therefore we are tied into MMG,that is why we can not give permission.MMG built the Cars from scratch,not based on anyones work in GP4,therefore covered by whatever MMG(Yanden) decide they want to.So,i hate to burst the whining Bubble,but we don`t really have a choice,and you don`t really have grounds to bitch yet again!.Here come the Flames,sorry, we still won`t deviate.There is also no reason to authourise 08 mods to the Cars,because we are already up to speed in the 08 season

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2008 05:28PM by jpmfw.
Date: May 18, 2008 06:27PM
Ok, well we didn't knew that Paolo, so we respect that.
Date: May 18, 2008 08:41PM
lol whatever
Date: May 18, 2008 08:58PM
Posted by: jpmfw
Suberbly eloquent and as arradite as ever

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: May 18, 2008 09:00PM
whatever
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy