Dirty air or slip stream

Posted by brrad0 
Re: Dirty air or slip stream
Date: July 06, 2008 12:23PM
Posted by: Go Alesi
The file you want is the 2006gp4tweak configuration. But that doesn't have the slipstream values in. There should be a file called slipstream.ini somewhere in the 2006/7 mod file, and that's what you need. It doesn't matter that the 2007 mod folder is empty - the file that is used is the 2006 one. Remember, that 2007 mod is a beta - so there's some 2007 stuff, but other things are used from the 2006 mod.

I don't quite understand what you mean about not using CSM. Gp4 tweaker edits the gp4.exe. But CSM won't work with a modified .exe. So you simply can't use tweaker unless you edit the gp4.exe with tweaker, then rename it, put in a new .exe, start up CSM, and then load the edited one in CSM the .exe. that it uses (in the pull down menu at the bottom of the CSM interface). So, yes you do need to change the values in the mod file to get it to work for the mod.

Date: July 06, 2008 12:31PM
Posted by: BAR#10
Hmm that would explain the problems I ve experinced in the past when CSM gave me a messagge of pretty much what you're saying. "This is not originael exe etc."
I've reinstalled the game couple of times in the last 7 months for various problems, but lately it works fine.
What I mean is I use CSM to load mod then exit it and don't restore.
Then I start the game directly through gpxpatch3.92 and not through CSM.

I only manually restore it if I want to install new car and such.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2008 12:32PM by BAR#10.
Date: July 06, 2008 12:39PM
I've now started CSM, clicked on customize the mod advanced settings - slipstream effect and it gave me a messagge that it cant find GPSAVES-CARSETS-2006-DATA-TWEAKER/2007/slipstream ini. file

But like I said the slipstream.ini is in the gp4tweak folder which is in the main gp4 folder. But you say i can't copy that right?
the values in there are all 50's and the names/tracks are from 2001

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2008 01:03PM by BAR#10.
Date: July 06, 2008 01:11PM
No, you can't just copy it because it contains other values as far as I remember. So it wouldn't work.

But anyway, you don't want to copy it to that locaiton anyway. It's empty because the mod doesn't load anything from there. Don't open CSM. Go to your GP4 directory through Windows Explorer, and then find the 2006/7 mod in the GPSaves>Carsets folder. Then go through the folders until you find a file called slipstream.ini. It may be in a '2006' folder, but that doesn't matter. That's the file that is used. Then just open that manually and change the values in it.

However, having said that, if you really are running it the way you say, then the file in the main directory may work. Because you're basically using CSM to install the mod, and then changing the .exe. But I don't know for certain. So bascially, change the file in the main directory AND change the slipstream.ini in the mod file, and you'll be OK either way :).

Date: July 06, 2008 01:17PM
I ve done all that(searched the way you proposed it, even in random folders, no success)
I think my way actually does work, cause I edited it yesterday(like JeDa said different values for different cars from 50 to 10) and found passing of slower cars a lot easier.
Thanks for the advice GoAlesi, and if you don't mind could you take look here if you're still online
[www.grandprixgames.org]
About gpxset fuel thing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2008 01:45PM by BAR#10.
Date: July 06, 2008 01:25PM
I found the slipstream file in the GPSAVES/CARSETS/BACKUP/CSMCORESWAP/gp4tweakdata folder!
basically in the backup folder of 2006 mod but not in the mod itself.
And driver's names are from 2006.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2008 01:26PM by BAR#10.
Date: July 06, 2008 04:11PM
OK, well I can see why editing the values in the main folder would work. But there's still something slightly odd about your mod folder if the file is not in it... Anyway, it doesn't matter if it works! :)

Date: July 06, 2008 04:19PM
Lol, yeah, I think it does, not 100% sure though.
So do I copypaste the gp4tweak(w slipstream.ini included) from back up to 2006/07 folder?
Date: July 06, 2008 05:43PM
Well if it works, I'd just leave it if I were you...

Date: July 29, 2008 10:35AM
Posted by: torana_05
i didnt want to start a new thread but what is the newest version of go4 tweaker with the slipstream editor and where can i download it cheers

Date: July 29, 2008 02:37PM
Posted by: ferrarilover
this is the lastest version of madman gp4tweaker were the slipstream feature is included.

LINK: [rapidshare.com]
Date: July 29, 2008 02:47PM
Posted by: JeDa
Hi,
See also this thread with more info and installoptions:
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy