Graphic file

Posted by Excalibur 
Graphic file
Date: April 27, 2008 12:28PM
Posted by: Excalibur
Hi!

I've got troubles with graphics... I had to re-install Vista. When it was done, I launched GP4 and my PO rate was high (about 140% at the start of the race and between 73 to 105% after, during the race).

So, I reduced the cars.wad file because and I play with low-res cars (because of my processor and graphic card)but nothing has changed.

My computer is an AMD Sempron 3500+ and my graphic card is a GeForce 6100 nforce 405 (last driver installed)

So I wonder if it exists a graphic file I could put into my GP4 folder or if I have to edit the f1 graphic file...

Thanks.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Re: Graphic file
Date: April 28, 2008 05:36PM
Posted by: mortal
Take a look at the GP4FAQ sticky topic.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: April 28, 2008 06:24PM
Posted by: arnel pijuan
Hi Ex, I suggest you upgrade your video card to at least 8500 or higher. In this way, you dont have to tweak and compromise your gp4 files.
Date: April 28, 2008 07:00PM
mortal ecrit:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Take a look at the GP4FAQ sticky topic.

Yes, Mortal. It's the first thing I did and I tried several things but nothing has changed. I also read Lo2k advices... everything was fine before I had to re-install Vista. I just don't remember how I had set my graphic settings and what I had done with the f1system file... (sorry for my english)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: April 28, 2008 08:08PM
Posted by: mortal
You might have to roll back to an earlier driver. There's a recent post that shows the driver archive and suggested drivers on p2. Might be worth a try. ;-)
[www.grandprixgames.org]
You could also run the exe in Win98 compatibility mode, that might help. A card upgrade probably wouldn't go astray either. Then you could play COD4 etc. ;-) and run GP4 maxed out with hi-res mods.
I think there's a graphics file link in the FAQ that you could try if you haven't done that yet. Good luck m8.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: April 29, 2008 04:37PM
Thanks Mortal, I tried to roll back to an earlier driver but nothing has changed. I remember that I use to do 2 important things: Edit the graphic file but I don't remember what and disable a printer driver.

I have looked into the faq for answers but I'ven't found anything for my problem...Thanks anyway.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy