How to make AI more challenge ?

Posted by skyline86 
How to make AI more challenge ?
Date: April 27, 2008 10:52AM
Posted by: skyline86
I'm playing Gp4 2006 mod and 2007 beta. Seem AI driver very slow at first turn from race start, and i can overtake them easily. I play with pro difficult. Can someone make AI better? Make it more real and challenge. And i have one problem: sometimes game freeze when i quit race or end race. What is the problem? Thanks for your help!
Re: How to make AI more challenge ?
Date: April 27, 2008 11:50AM
Posted by: kimiraik
It is a known bug that AI cars suck at starting..don't think a fix is available.
Date: April 27, 2008 12:48PM
How about Gp32k AI? Does it better GP4?
Date: April 28, 2008 10:11AM
Posted by: JeDa
Hi,
For me the best improvement you can have regarding the AI is to enable the slipstream effect. With this enabled it is very hard to overtake a car because you lose downforce when driving behind another car. Even a car which is usually a few seconds slower than you is now very hard to overtake. I think this is very realistic, just remember yesterdays race at Barcelona. I think Nick Heidfeld (BMW) was stuck behind Giancarlo Fissichella (Force India) for a few laps. He just couldnt pass him because of the lost of grip he got because he was so close behind the Force India car (dirty air).

Since I enabled this, I have had races where I got stuck behind a slower car for more than 15 laps! I just couldnt pass them. This is very realistic! Overtaking is now a real challeng (as it should be!).

Hope this helps!
Date: April 28, 2008 10:16AM
Posted by: fongu
i think he's asking about the start.

There's no fix, I race to the braking point and then I keep my position rather than overtake to be more realistic, and then carry on racing towards turn 2.

Date: April 28, 2008 12:09PM
How to enable slipstream effect? I'm using 2006 mod and 2007 beta mod.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2008 12:31PM by skyline86.
Date: April 28, 2008 01:28PM
Posted by: fongu
it should already be enabled, the settings in are the mod's tweaker folder something like slipstream.ini

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy