Help with Car setups Please!

Posted by Andose 
Help with Car setups Please!
Date: April 24, 2008 03:05PM
Posted by: Andose
Hello everybody,

I have recently just started playing the gp4 game, and i am completely stuck for progress already!
Just wondering if any1 can give me a helping hand with some setups ie where to look or advice. Even something which can give me a good starting point. I have looked at afew places for setups but i cannot get them to download, my csm is not working properly( which is another problem :(.) i am currently just practising at the Australian circuit.. Any help would be much appreciated .

Thanks in advance. Andose...:)
Re: Help with Car setups Please!
Date: April 26, 2008 07:32AM
Posted by: Red_Bull
Basically just consider whether it is a high, medium, or low downforce circuit. I tend to run a pretty high downforce setup for Melbourne, and that involves setting the wings towards the high end of the slider (anywhere from 15 upwards for both front and rear wings). Next, see where the car is hitting the rev limiter. You might try increasing the 7th gear if that is the case. If you're not hitting the rev limiter at maximum speed, decrease the gear ratios until you do. Then just consider your suspension and anti-roll bars, whether it is hard or soft. On bumpier tracks I tend towards a softer setup, and smoother tracks run them pretty stiff. Everything affects everything else though, but the best thing to do is to play around. See what works and what doesnt.

Date: April 26, 2008 07:50AM
Posted by: rajahassan
try setup packs available at different sites.
e.g. racesimulations.com

once u have found a setup that is near to ur liking try and optimize it and then like redbull said do a lot of laps and hopefully ull get the hang of it.

Raja Hassan Bin Naeem.
Date: April 26, 2008 09:19AM
Posted by: Bruninho
No no no no! Dont download these setups or you'll be still stuck since they based on driving style, different car physics, track data and stuff like that. You'll be better if you learn how to do your own setups.

That one helped me to finish 2nd place overall in a 2006 GP4 WSR offline championship, collecting several podiums and one race win in my home grand prix, though its for F1GP2, the basics are pretty much the same for GP4.

[www.btinternet.com]

Have fun!

Date: May 29, 2008 07:32PM
Posted by: Andose
Thanks for your post's guys, all great information! :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy