Seasons from 2001 - today?

Posted by Bulletstorm123 
Seasons from 2001 - today?
Date: March 25, 2008 06:17PM
Posted by: Bulletstorm123
Hello everybody.

I've just started playing GP4. The last almost ten years I spent many time playing GP2 and then GP3 ... I played GP3 until the end of the last year when I finally bought a new computer. ^^

In GP3 I made a kind of career starting with the 1998 season (of course not with the default carset but a much nicer one *g*) and went on season for season until I'm now in the season 2004. (And for every season it took me a lot of time to find good carsets and to improve them.)

Now I would like to do the same with GP4. I'd like to start with the season 2001 or 2002...
But my problem is that all good "carsets" I have found yet for GP4 are from the seasons 2006 and 2007.
The default 2001-carsets of GP4 is unfortunately quite "crappy" and the community-carsets for 2002 and 2003 are also not very good.

But I have watched the GP3- und GP4-community since the beginning of 2003 and still remember that also in 2003, 2004 and 2005 there where some guys who created brilliant cars for GP4!
Unfortunately almost all of the good sites I knew are dead now and I can't find what I'm searching for ... and except for that I only found some sites which might be helpful but are completely useless due to stupid traffic-limitations (for example GP4italia).

So my final question is:
Can somebody tell me how to get all the cars for the seasons 2001/2002 until today and which are done in a good quality?
Re: Seasons from 2001 - today?
Date: March 25, 2008 07:29PM
Posted by: Sapo
At gp4db.com you can find some new liveries for the 2001 cars (high res) and at gp4italia.org is a lot to find. But then again, the most complete sets are from 2003 till 2006

Some say... he's even smaller than 20kb.
And some say... he's so offensive he could get you into trouble...
The only thing we know is that he's called...

THE SIG

Felipe Massa, World Champion 15:34:11pm- 15:34:21pm.
Date: March 25, 2008 07:47PM
Posted by: Bulletstorm123
Yeah, well ... both sites you mentioned might have good things ... but they are useless. In the last weeks I tried over and over again to reach them or to download things from them .... but it NEVER worked!

Why aren't there any more good sites in the GP4-community with provide many good downloads and have NO stupid traffic limitations or server problems or whatever?

And concerning the carsets ... I mean I don't even need complete carsets. It would probably be enough for me just to get all the cars and then to create my own "cars.wad" for every season but I just don't find them anywhere.
Date: March 25, 2008 08:11PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
If you look here [www.racesimspitstop.co.uk] you will find most of the 2001 cars created, unfortunately there are no really high quality 2002 cars for gp4 as no one has gone back to make them, whereas this has been done with 2001.

Cheers :)

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: March 25, 2008 08:12PM
Posted by: Robert
Bulletstorm123 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah, well ... both sites you mentioned might have
> good things ... but they are useless. In the last
> weeks I tried over and over again to reach them or
> to download things from them .... but it NEVER
> worked!
>
> Why aren't there any more good sites in the
> GP4-community with provide many good downloads and
> have NO stupid traffic limitations or server
> problems or whatever?
>
>
> And concerning the carsets ... I mean I don't even
> need complete carsets. It would probably be enough
> for me just to get all the cars and then to create
> my own "cars.wad" for every season but I just
> don't find them anywhere.

Remember modding takes time - there used to be a wip mods section on gp4 italia with a list of most f1 mods but it's gone now.
About servers, remember that with mods and other downloads there are many gbs per day of download traffic.
This is expensive because of the size of many mods, so traffic limits are common.
If you are willing to donate to gp4 italia you can download anything, anytime :)

Batracer - the online racing manager game - join here :) [batracer.com]
Date: March 25, 2008 09:29PM
Posted by: 32BOBO32
Bulletstorm123 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> have NO stupid traffic limitations

sorry mate, but i don't agree with your point of view. Everything we do have a logic. And stupid are the chickens
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy