How well does Gp4 play on the latest quad core processors?

Posted by bones1834 
For CSM you need the patch...
GP4 cant work with more than one core...you have to choose one...

BMW Sauber Ferrari
Ferrari F10
Virgin Racing
Ferrari F150
Marussia Virgin Racing
Mhhh

But steven and some other choose more than 1 and it works.

It seems to be possible.
But how?
the only solution is setting cpu to 0 or 1 in gpx patch. gp4 always crashes when using more than one cpu core

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Okay than i got to change my graphiccard and put some more RAM into my pc

Thanks guys
I'm running an AMD Phenom Quad-Core with Nvidia 512MB graphics card and 2GB of RAM and GP4 runs really smoothly even on the highest detailed settings. Just make sure that you configure your graphics in GP4 first, and be prepared for unexpected crashes from time to time =) This is on XP as well.

Also, I run a Core i5 laptop with 4Gb of RAM and 512 Mb video card, on Win 7, and the game crashes less often than on my desktop.I run it in Compatibility Mode otherwise it won't work at all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2011 01:05PM by AJ05.
Thought it would be better to dig up an old thread rather than make a new one.

I'm running a AMD A8-4500M quad-core CPU with integrated graphics and 6GB of RAM. GP4 runs amazing on it, PO is usually no more than 70% even when starting from last.

Only thing is, it usually tends to crash before I even finish the first lap. I'm running it on near full settings in 800x600 resolution.

I'm running Windows 8, is that the problem? Also, I can't make an XP partition and run GP4 on that, as 8 doesn't allow XP to be dualbooted on it. The only way I could do that is copy my existing XP installation from my other CP with XP SP3 on it (but I'd need to clone the HDD which is proving difficult as I don't have a spare hard disk).

Also, I've tried running the CPU settings on 0 and 1 in GPxPatch, and the PO rockets up (to 120-160 at the start, even from high grid positions).

If anyone could give me ANY assistance with this I'd be very grateful.
And what's your question?

If you ask me, a real graphic card is what you need. A high-end CPU with integrated graphics could be quite nice, but it has got no chance against a real GPU ;-). Just buy a cheap graphic card from 2008 (about 40$) and ypu will be able to play GP4 with 1280x1024 or even more with a PO of less than 30% ;-).

It would be nice if you could explain "Only thing is, it usually tends to crash before I even finish the first lap." a bit better, so that we can help you ;-). Is there an error log of GPxPatch existing?
What I meant by "Only thing is, it usually tends to crash before I even finish the first lap." was that it usually spits out a "GP4.EXE is not responding" message and it crashes to the desktop.

Also, I should mention: I played around with the Prost's performance file and rim colour using Team Editor, and I managed to complete a full 3-lap quickrace, no crashes or anything. Only thing I should point out is that the PO was 130-150 at the start, when it was 70 before (both runs were with the GPxPatch CPU settings on Full).

If it errors again I'll put the error log up.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2013 09:21PM by c7r6h9.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy