WGP-W300 WFS See P1| Under Construction | P5 TEST PRAC SESSION| CAN SHOW INTEREST, ENTER W300 AND WGP |

Posted by F33LTH3F0RC3 
Testing will not be, as you put it, extinguished, the idea is to shift all of the test drivers to the new series. That will take running the Friday test day away from Tom and Maikel and hand the job over to Matt. The bonus is that the test drivers will then get a qualy session and a race session, something they do not have now. Any team that currently has test drivers is automatically in, it's possible that there will be some team vacancies, I haven't worked out all the final details yet. So, all test drivers from both series can race together.
I might split the test drivers into the new series early, I need to work out the grid and a few other details on the transfers, perfs etc. first to make sure it's all good. This is better for the test drivers all round, they are still contracted to their teams as test drivers but now have the opportunity to race each other. Team owners can transfer their drivers in and out to the W300-WGP just as they do now.
For now, no existing team has to make a new livery, the cars that are in the WGP-W300 wads can be used, they only have to be uploaded so a new wad can be assembled. If more teams are needed to fill the grid it'll be done easy. So far it's looking good to give the test drivers their own series.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
I don't want to be picky, but just throwing the WGP and the W300 cars into one wad would look @#$%& tbh. I heard one of the reasons to have two chassis in WGP was, besides a lower PO, that so many shapes from so many years just looked bad. Now if anything is going to look bad, it's having three shapes from two totally different series.
Nickv schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't want to be picky, but just throwing the
> WGP and the W300 cars into one wad would look
> @#$%& tbh. I heard one of the reasons to have two
> chassis in WGP was, besides a lower PO, that so
> many shapes from so many years just looked bad.
> Now if anything is going to look bad, it's having
> three shapes from two totally different series.

I'm at least sure the SMD-300 and the WGP cars will not fit 1 field nicely ;) W300 car is 'smaller', It's like throwing F1 and GP2 together or something ;-)

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Well, yes, that's what I said :P
It could be like GT and LMP cars together, different cars on the same circiut, but two different races, different points.
oke I missed something :P whats all the fuss about?

Magic Senna
Read the thread you lazy bum :P
Hahah no I am at work:P I agree with what nick says ;)

Magic Senna
mortal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Testing will not be, as you put it, extinguished,
> the idea is to shift all of the test drivers to
> the new series. That will take running the Friday
> test day away from Tom and Maikel and hand the job
> over to Matt. The bonus is that the test drivers
> will then get a qualy session and a race session,
> something they do not have now. Any team that
> currently has test drivers is automatically in,
> it's possible that there will be some team
> vacancies, I haven't worked out all the final
> details yet. So, all test drivers from both series
> can race together.
> I might split the test drivers into the new series
> early, I need to work out the grid and a few other
> details on the transfers, perfs etc. first to make
> sure it's all good. This is better for the test
> drivers all round, they are still contracted to
> their teams as test drivers but now have the
> opportunity to race each other. Team owners can
> transfer their drivers in and out to the W300-WGP
> just as they do now.
> For now, no existing team has to make a new
> livery, the cars that are in the WGP-W300 wads can
> be used, they only have to be uploaded so a new
> wad can be assembled. If more teams are needed to
> fill the grid it'll be done easy. So far it's
> looking good to give the test drivers their own
> series.

As I said before - THAT CANT WORK!

Firstly I'm sure there are more than 22 test drivers between the two series (I know the W300 has 17 alone) and they're split between a possible 22 teams. How will you decide what teams get preference? How will the team performance files work? How will you fit all the drivers in?

you cant just throw the current two series together!

Tom i sent you a PM can you please read it if possible.

Cheers :)
Totally confused over what is happening but I think you are saying it would look stupid to shove 3 different car shapes together. I don't say any particular reason against why there can't be a new car shape
Firstly I'm sure there are more than 22 test drivers between the two series (I know the W300 has 17 alone) and they're split between a possible 22 teams. How will you decide what teams get preference? How will the team performance files work? How will you fit all the drivers in?

Tom,
As far as I know, at the end of S3, some inactive drivers will be removed and replaced with test drivers, hard to say at this point how many testers will be left. The perfs will work in the same way they do now. The same points and transfer formula could be used. The car-shape can we worked out later, if everyone wants a single shape that is fine. That means a re-paint for the teams that enter. I haven't properly checked the grids, who has what etc. but it's likely not all teams will want to enter anyway so it could be possible to fill a grid. I'm not sure exactly what to do if there are teams and drivers left over, but it's not insurmountable, there has to be some way around it. One option is to keep any remaining test drivers, where they are now, then move them when there's an opportunity to do so.
It's early days with this, and there's no reason why we can't make it work, and it will reduce the work for yourself and Maikel in the process. The benefit is also for the test drivers, they'll get a full race session instead of just a Friday practice. I don't believe there's enough people to start up a complete new stand-alone series right now, so using the teams and test drivers we have is worth having a go at. Otherwise what might happen is test drivers could exit where they are now to join a new series, and I'd like to try and avoid that scenario somehow. I'm not really keen on killing off another series that could work in really well with what we have already. While there's some support for it, and Matt is prepared to run it for everyone, I'm happy to push ahead and try and make it work.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Well, I would just like to say thanks for the support Mal, I have just attempted and failed miserably at trying to make a Formula Renault Car shape.
If anyone would be willing to make a Formula Renault Car shape then please do so. Just wanting to sort out arguments over car shapes.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy