GP4 VISTA problems!?

Posted by rpuddle 
GP4 VISTA problems!?
Date: January 28, 2008 12:17PM
Posted by: rpuddle
Hi guys,

Can anyone help me? Just upgraded me PC (mainly for GP4) and it wont run on Vista. I've installed it and patched it but it wont run and when I start the game the screen goes black and it crashes. Nothing happens and I have to ctrl alt delete it to stop the game and return to desktop. ANy help would be appreciated, have tried re installing and running without the patch but nothing works!

Thanks in advance,

Rich
Re: GP4 VISTA problems!?
Date: January 29, 2008 03:14AM
Posted by: Bigbrother
vista is crap there you problems starts already but no idea what the problem could be.
Date: January 29, 2008 03:44AM
Posted by: Renault#1Fan
Thats weird everyone seems to have these problems with VISTA and I don't have any major issues with mine. I had a problem like that when I installed my graphics card and found out it was because during the installation it put in XP drivers, so I went to the graphic card makers website and downloaded the VISTA drivers and then everything was fine. So it could be that your graphics card is using older drivers and it needs VISTA drivers. Don't take my word for it though I could be wrong but sounds similar to what I had.

Do you have any other games that crash? Also if you open the basic paint program that comes with the computer does that crash too? If it does these 2 things as well it may just be that your graphic drivers need updating.
Date: January 29, 2008 07:15AM
Posted by: vesuvius
gp4 works perfectly on my vista without any problems at all ...so very strange that some people have these problems.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2008 07:16AM by vesuvius.
Date: January 29, 2008 08:26PM
Posted by: Jithendra
all of a sudden i seem to have a similer strange problem with my GP4 on my XP... until last night it was running fine and now it just wont run. reading through the log generated by GPX, i see missing files in the car.wad whilst its untouched.

Date: January 29, 2008 08:40PM
Posted by: danny87
vesuvius Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> gp4 works perfectly on my vista without any
> problems at all ...so very strange that some
> people have these problems.

Same with me

-----------------------------------------------

"When you begin in this sport you are given a chequebook. Every time you have a big one you must write a check to the angels. The trick is to finish your career before you empty the chequebook".
Date: January 29, 2008 08:56PM
Posted by: SkaaningeN
I never had/have problems with GP4 and Vista. The game crashes sometimes but thats no big deal. But I did first took my GP4 that was already installed on my XP comp and copied it to my Vista comp already installed... After that I reinstalled the game from my CD and it still works, and run well..

Maybe try to install the game on a XP comp first, run it one time there. Then copy the hole game to your Vista comp and see if it works.

Cheers

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2008 08:57PM by SkaaningeN.
Date: January 29, 2008 10:25PM
Posted by: rodrrico
I hope that it is possible to have GP4 work on vista as I am upgrading this week to it. At the moment it doesn't work on my XP at all. Just crashes as soon as I try and open it. Also I had completely removed it and re-installed it with no success.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy