gear ratio problem

Posted by al-ja 
gear ratio problem
Date: December 16, 2007 09:11PM
Posted by: al-ja
Hello there

i've been having gear ratio problems lately playing the 2005 Mod. I was playing the default 6 gears for a while and decided to switch to 7 gears but my car doesn't seem to reach the same speed, nor accelerate as fast as with the default 6 and my laptimes are a lot slower. I have mingled a lot with the ratios to try and solve the problem but it's always the same...the difference is not big enough to bother me at first but when i looked at the speeds and laptimes i noticed a big difference: 333km/h with default 6 and 320 with 7. Also my car seemed to be running more swiftly with 7 but when i looked at the laptimes there was a .600 difference o.O...wierd.

pls help with the ratios.

oh...while i'm posting i have anotehr problem...i reached monaco race and the track is WHITE, and cars are driving through the walls...o.O again wierd.
Re: gear ratio problem
Date: December 16, 2007 10:44PM
pardon me i play 2006 mod
Date: December 16, 2007 10:57PM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
Go to a higher top gear ratio for 7th gear...

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: December 16, 2007 11:22PM
i tried, still the car isn't accelerating as fast as with default 6 when i get passed 295 km/h.

and now i get same times with default 6 and with default 7 and with custom 7 /:). with default 7 top speed is 307 km/h while with custom 7 i reach 320. but with default 6 i reach 334 x(((( i'm so angry.
Date: December 17, 2007 04:33AM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
Lower the ride heighth on the car as you increase gear ratios. Try using slightly less wing. If you try a few little tweaks like this and get no visible improvement in top speed, I would then think it could possibly be a physics or performance issue rather than one involving car set up...

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: December 18, 2007 10:32PM
Posted by: n00binio
did you use a setup when you drove with 6 gears? if not you had track specific standard settings. when you switch to 7 gears you have activated a user defined setup that starts with settings that are not as good as the standard setup. so you have 7 gears but all other things are worse. so your laptimes are higher.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy