W300 Season 3 || New series being discussed

Posted by brunoboi 
Chinese Grand Prix (Part Two)

Welcome back folks!

Lets get right back into the action and during the break Montyn Stoffels squeezes past Gareth Chester as the Keels racing driver runs wide throwing away 8th

Bobby Neil is first to blink as he pits from 4th place with James Barrington following him in from 5th. Kittleson, Mews and Pellatt are also in this lap.

Willins runs wide in the final turn, dropping him back down the field even further

The Scuderia Minardi pit crew need some more practise as Kittleson loses out to Mews in the stops

Josh Rayman may have been released from behind Barrington but he's still being caught by Briere

Warrington runs wide!

He rejoins right ahead of team mate Eglitis losing two places

Hampson pits from the lead! So he was lighter on fuel than his rivals but how much will it cost him?
Briere and Stoffels from 5th and 6th respectively also pit along with fuh, Fapitalle and Willins

Hampson rejoins just behind both Sony Racing cars and AHEAD of team mate Greidanus who has yet to pit.

Ricardo van Smirren now leads but Will Wood is continuing to puch him hard and they need to be making the most of their light cars before they pit.

Fuh has lost a place to team mate Mews in those stops but he has managed to pass Kittleson

Rico only had one more lap of fuel than Hampson - Has he done enough? Seymour and Eglitis pit

No it hasn't! As Smirren arrives at the pit exit, both Team Greidanus cars disappear into turn one

Will Wood is our third race leader and NOW Josh Rayman is beginning to put his foot down in second

Stoffels spins! What a disaster for the RaltWest driver who was running well insdie the top ten

He rejoins in dead last

Rayman pits from second place folloqwed by Warrington, Merway and Greidanus

He rejoins the track behind Smirren but crucially ahead of Neil AND Barrington

Warrington rejoins ahead of his team mate, where had started but Merway has jumped both of them in the stops

Willins runs wide again, this time he loses out to Greidanus

Will Wood pits from the lead - Can he get ahead of Hampson? Chester, Greenhalgh and Grant are the last drivers to come in

Hampson screams across the s/f line and there's no sign of Wood so the TGP is back in first!

It's a terrible pit stop by the Shadow Subaru crew and Wood drops back to fifth - Right behind team mate Neil

Gareth Chester loses a place in the pits to Ed Greenhalgh

Tom Pellatt takes a look up the inside of Merway but can't squeeze through this time round

That's Will Wood going VERY wide into turn one and he looks like he's lost control of the back end

Wood's car, out of control comes spinning back onto the circuit ctraight into the path of Barrington!

Both cars are damaged after that very high speed accident, they're lucky no one else was involved

Briere slowed to avoind the accident and Mews is trying to take advantage to snatch 5th place into turn one!

Mews puts up a good fight but Briere hangs on through the tight turn two to keep the place

Back at the scene of the crach and what a disaster for KBR Ferrari who looked set for an extremely strong position having been running in sixth

Wood, amazingly is still lapping, though with significant damage to the front of the car, he'll gave to limp back to the pits - Is his championship campaign over before it has begun

Hampson continues to lead meanwhile, unaffected by the yellow falgs on the start/finish straight.
Smirren is still hanging on to the back however and could be a threat later on

Will Wood is trying to keep out of the way as he makes his way round the track but finds himself holding up manager - Tom Pellatt who will undoubtedly be wondering what has happened

It's the rookie Sony driver however who takes advantage, he dives up the inside of team mate Warrington as they pass the Subaru to take the place

Paul Willins also uses the Shadow Subaru to try and make a move but he cant quite pass Greidanus

Wood made it back to the pit lane and will be able to complete the race to salvage some points

Keeley Grant is chasing eighth place and Gareth Chester, but will she want to pass one of her own cars?

Meanwhile the other Keels Racing car is on the move and passes Kittleson to take 11th place

Adam Merway squeezes up the inside of Mike Seymour

Kittleson was one of the first to pit and is now starting to suffer from tyre where... WO! he spins off the circuit and rejoins ahead of only Will Wood

A quick check on the leader as he starts the final lap of the race and begins his drive back to the chequered flag and... Wiat a minute! I that smoke coming from the back of the car?! Hampson has a problem! Will it be terminal? can he make the finish? Surely...

NO! He desperately tries to role the car back to the line but he's lost all power! What a massive disappointment as Ricardo van Smirren screams through to adopt the lead of the Grand Prix!

So Team Orange are first and second! I cant' believe it they only have to finish this lap to score 55 points.

But there's someone else off! Who's is that? I can't see from this angle! Surely not another one of the leaders!

It's John Warrington! He's had a pretty big accident I hope he's ok. Not the end to his first day he was expecting

Willins is pushing for 15th as Greidanus slows to avoid the accident

But it's Team Oramge who steal the headlines and take a one-two in Round one for the second year running, but it's Smirren who's top dog today!

Prior to the weekend you may have thought this was a foregone conclusion but they've been lucky this weekend, Mark Hampson had the pace to beat them and their next closest rivals took themselves out of the race.

Hampson deservedly takes the fastest lap by far, the biggest shock may well have been Mike Seymour who was fourth fastest on the time sheets

The Driver's Championship is predictable after the first race with Smirren tkaing the early advantage

Team Orange lead after Round on and Scolari may consider themselves lucky to have kept second after a disappointing weekend - Team Greidanus find themselves in dead last but "To Finish First, First You Must Finish" must be the moto of this series by now

Kevin Schroder leads the Test Drivers championship but he faces stiff s competition from the likes of Groeneboer and Cartwright who have proved themselves. We'll also see Raymond Buijs returning to the series for Scolari and he's guyaranteed to put up a fight

Thanks for being so patient, I once again appologise for the delay and thank everyone for helping to get this series going for a THIRD series!!! Well Done Rico and Team Orange and we'll see you in Sao Paulo!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2007 09:46PM by brunoboi.
Re: W300 Season 3 || Chinese GP 25th Nov || QUALIFYING Pg4!
Date: November 26, 2007 09:51PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Thanks for the report Tom, great as always. Montyn was doing so well for the team but Nick sabotaged his car after his first pitstop ;) Nah seriously though it's a sold result overall I suppose and I'm pleased with 12th:)

Cheers:)
First of all, I want to say, I did not, put a goat in Team Greidanus Porsche their engines.

Second of all, Solid result for Team Orange, not realy happy with the results, but it could be worse, I want to congratulate Ricardo with his second career win, and a nice 1-2 finish ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2007 10:05PM by Iceman-Kimi.
WOW, what a dramatic race. I feel for Mark Hampson, but hey a TSS car got on the podium, good news for us. RGRR will be up shortly.

Team Owner of ItalianEnglish Dynamics in GPG Super League
GP4 Season 5: 7) Jethro Walters. 8) Zsigmond Somogyi. TD) Stuart Ingers and Joel Henrique
GP3 Season 5: 14) Nathan Turner. 15) Tobias Kederer.
6 Time Race Winners
13th and 15th solid enough after being further down earlier on. bring on sau paulo!

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Well a really nice race from me, rookie, but even then had some amazing fights and have been able to finish in front of some drivers, and car is getting better and better :) Pity that John wasn't able to finish, but he was strong in the first half of race, so next time we should be even stronger..
despite being pretty unnotiable, and we took profit from all the unlucky 'bastards' ;) I'm happy to see Scolari being 2nd in the constructors :) we got the leak from this weekend and it will be solved next race where we expect seeing both cars running in the top10 whole weekend!

@Tom, nice coverage ;-)

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*

Is now online at [www.freewebs.com]

Team Owner of ItalianEnglish Dynamics in GPG Super League
GP4 Season 5: 7) Jethro Walters. 8) Zsigmond Somogyi. TD) Stuart Ingers and Joel Henrique
GP3 Season 5: 14) Nathan Turner. 15) Tobias Kederer.
6 Time Race Winners
wooohoooooooooooooooo IVE WONN !!!!!!! ghehe this was an great race. i just cant say more then im happy (what else right? :P). I feel sorry for Mark he must be in an depression now :\. After the first pitstops i trhought oh noes there goes my chances for the win. then when i saw the picture of Josh closing in on Neil i thought oh noes there goes my podium :p but ive won ! :D haha !

Also Scuderia Minardi had an good race. An great race of Ed brought him 6th. Well done mate ! shame of the spin of Dean tho. we could have been more in the front. but you dont hear me complain today ! :P Also i wanna place an Congratz to Gareth Chester. you did well mate !

Thanks Tom for the outstanding report. Lets go to Sao Paolo.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2007 11:08PM by Rico.
ohh man james taken out :( good finish by keeley, we could have got some good points if it wasnt for the accident
I'd like to take this moment to congratulate Brière and also Adam on his recovery, if he hadn't done so well to come back he'd have become barbecue ;)

May I also take this moment to laugh at RaltWest as well ;)
What? We did perfectly well, theres nothing to laugh!

I take this moment to laugh at Senninhas performances in this race, their cars were almost unoticeable from the race report, ha! ;)

Shame on Montyn, he was doing amazingly well, I blame Bridgestone for not providing us good tyres, they werent warmed to a temperature good enough, so he was released with cold tyres, hence why he spun :P

Mike has proved that the car has pace and a damn powerful engine, as the fastest laps table proved :P now we just need to find... 1 second to catch the bloody oranges :P

Bring on Sao Paulo, RaltWest will certainly show a good pace!

and TOM, ITS VIVO RALTWEST MERCEDES NOT VIVA RALTWEST :P

"I'm an artist, the track is my canvas, and the car is my brush."
7th - hoped for better after qually, but I'll take it and pass the 200 points mark for my career

I want to take another moment to laugh at RaltWest again, and also KBR ;)
May I join you? :P
LOL at the topic title ;-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
6th place!
definitely a great start to the second phase of my race career!

X (@ed24f1)
SchueyFan schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 6th place!
> definitely a great start to the second phase of my
> race career!

it is and you made me happy with that result :p

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
yes, it was a great start to the season. i kept out of trouble in the race, and even though i wasn't one of the fastest of the cars, i ended up with a good result.

X (@ed24f1)
ahahaah..incredible race I tought Rico can't win after his pit stop and next..ahahah I think it's the worst mode to start a season for Hampson...

not only rico did a good job: very good the sixth place for scuderia minardi, it would be great if Kittleson didn't do a mistake...anyway a good race!
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy