quick question about f1graphics.cfg!!!!

Posted by Rodrigo007 
quick question about f1graphics.cfg!!!!
Date: October 17, 2007 04:18AM
Posted by: Rodrigo007
hi guys sry to interfere ya all but lemme exply:

i was editing f1graphic.cfg so got the lines :

[MAIN VIEW] Texture filter quality (0 => none, 1 => point, 2 => bilinear, 3 => anisotropic, 4 => flatcubic, 5 => gaussiancubic) v3
[MAIN VIEW] Texture filter quality for mipmaps - if any - (0 => none, 1 => point, 2 => bilinear, 3 => anisotropic, 4 => flatcubic/quincunx, 5 => gaussiancubic)

so decided to use anisotropic cuz it better than gaussiancubic for who wants high quality.but after that got:

[MAIN VIEW] Max anisotropic filtering (1 => off, to max 7) v2

ok so thats my question , in this phrase it says the max we can get is 7 , butmy vid card gives me 16x anisotropic filtering so if i insert "16" will the game recognize that???

well forgive me if im saying something wrong :/
sry about the english

hop someone answer xD~~
Re: quick question about f1graphics.cfg!!!!
Date: October 17, 2007 01:34PM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
I have no idea :S

You could try setting a profile for the video card for that game. Although I heard it is better to do things like that through inbuilt game methods?

I don't really know but yer.

Also, isn't gaussiancubic meant to be better? since it is further along in the list? Sorry, I don't really know a lot about these things.

H E L L O
Date: October 17, 2007 03:05PM
Posted by: n00binio
i think the game won´t recognize anisotropic filtering x16 but you could make a backup of the file and experiment with the different settings.
Date: October 18, 2007 01:13AM
well ppl just made a test puting it in 16x and for my surprise when i checked back after loading in the game it didnt reset to 7 but simply continued , strange but mayb it recodnizes this 16
Date: October 18, 2007 09:19AM
Posted by: Willb
or maybe it just ignors it if it doesnt understand it.

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...
Date: October 18, 2007 12:44PM
Posted by: Robert
I think that the anisotropic filtering is in some kind of multiples, not in actual values (e.g. 7x maybe x16Q)
and yes gaussiancubic is better than anisotropic :)

Batracer - the online racing manager game - join here :) [batracer.com]
Date: October 18, 2007 01:11PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
It's a scale, the cfg applies a number to a certain quality setting. So rather than having 16x AF, it assigns a number; 7, to denote this, where normally in say, rF you'd just change the filtering option to 16x and be done.
Date: October 18, 2007 02:34PM
woot so i gonna put 7 in the anistropic filter and put gaussiancubic in filters but can someone exply correctly what is gaussiancubic?? i never heard about it in other games and the explanations of it are very confuse something like "its another point of view of ..." (O_o ???) and i heard that it cause some textures problems in gp4 in another topics ... Oo

so can someone say exactly whats the diference between gaussiancubic and anisotropic????

xD~~
Date: October 18, 2007 02:46PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
It's a different method of sharpening a texture. I can't tell you the exact differences, but its better than anisotropic and quite a bit heavier on the pc.

tbh, unless you're looking for differences you can run anisotropic and it'll still look crisp.
Date: October 18, 2007 03:34PM
wow thx very much zeppelin and all , after editing these options decided : filters 5 ( gaussiancubic) mipmaps 5 (gaussiancubic) and anisotropic filter 7 so got these images using current settings i said:

By flexa007

By flexa007
Date: October 21, 2007 12:11PM
Posted by: flyingfinn2
maybe turn reflections down mate? hehe
Date: October 21, 2007 12:30PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
It just looks like the helmet doesn't have an alpha layer but I dunno ;)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy