Any G15 owners here?

Posted by ZaZ 
Any G15 owners here?
Date: October 03, 2007 01:56AM
Posted by: ZaZ
Just out of curiosity......
I wrote a small tool that displays gp4 data, like speed and position and laps and fuel to my LCD screen on my G15.
If there is enough interest, it might make it to the public.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Re: Any G15 owners here?
Date: October 03, 2007 09:52AM
Posted by: JeDa
I have a G15 and would love to have this plugin!
Does it also put laptimes and gears on the lcd-screen?

This is really great for the mods and cars which dont have a lcd display in their cockpit. Now you can see all the info on the LCD of the keyboard!
Date: October 03, 2007 12:30PM
Posted by: sunil
yep , my cousin too owns this. will be good help to him .

i like this one b'coz it lits blue background at nights exactly under the keys

===================================================================================================================
i7 950@4GHZ 1.24V|Asus P6X58D-E|Dominators 10GB(2GBx5)1600C8|Corsair H70|Corsair 800D|Corsair HX850|EVGA,Zotac GTX 2x470|VX2433W FULL HD|X-Fi Plantinum|Creative S750 Gigaworks7.1|NZXT Sentry 2|7TB
Date: October 07, 2007 04:45PM
Posted by: villota77
Hi! ZaZ, that tool must be great. Are you planning to share it with us? I am considering buying a G15, and now that I know that there is a plugin for GP4 I may go for it (I would not be able to programm it myself!).

BTW this is my first post in this forum (though I have been reading it for years), so hello everybody and thanks for the good work and good discussions.
Date: October 08, 2007 12:24AM
JeDa Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have a G15 and would love to have this plugin!
> Does it also put laptimes and gears on the
> lcd-screen?
>
> This is really great for the mods and cars which
> dont have a lcd display in their cockpit. Now you
> can see all the info on the LCD of the keyboard!

Yes, it also does laptimes + split times and gears

villota77 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi! ZaZ, that tool must be great. Are you planning
> to share it with us? I am considering buying a
> G15, and now that I know that there is a plugin
> for GP4 I may go for it (I would not be able to
> programm it myself!).
>
> BTW this is my first post in this forum (though I
> have been reading it for years), so hello
> everybody and thanks for the good work and good
> discussions.

Yeah I might :) But if I release it, it'll be released 'as is'
So no real support from me. It kind of does everything i want it to do.
I don't feel like spending a lot of time on it unless I want something new. So no fancy configuration screens to make your display setups etc. and no gp4 1.0 support.

And welcome aboard! what took you so long?! ;)

Date: October 08, 2007 02:29PM
ZaZ: I really hope you release it! Pesonally, I don't mind if we have no support for that tool (I mean, I prefer having it 'as is' than nothing). I have always loved the idea of having in-game data from GP4 displayed in an LCD (I have seen that in rFactor - which I have never played - and maybe in others, but not in GP4).

Thanks for your welcome. I am too lazy (or too busy) to write, and besides I don't think I have too much to contribute with, but I am a GPseries player since the times of GP1 (I am quite old!) and I read this forum a lot.
Date: October 08, 2007 04:28PM
Posted by: JeDa
Please release this tool! If needed I can do some betatesting :)

I'm trying to remove the display from the keyboard and putting it on my custom G25 wheel. I have some plans for additional buttons and an LCD on my wheel.

Another question: is it also possible to include the pit indicator?
Date: February 29, 2008 05:56PM
Posted by: mp4-dave
Was this tool ever released? I have just bought a G15 and this would be really good, at the moment the clock screen just drags me back towards the huge amount of uni work I have to do.

I walk through walls and inanimate obstacles
By educed a reduction of cells and molecules
Date: March 01, 2008 10:40AM
Posted by: Bigbrother
its not released but zaz did made it and i have received it from him, its beta but working, maybe he will send it to you also :-)
Date: May 03, 2010 11:15AM
Small demo

Never really polished it so the alignment is not so great. It works however.
If someone still wants it, just send me an email

Date: May 03, 2010 11:20AM
i am and i have it and it works fine, didn't test it on win7 yet :-)
Date: May 18, 2010 04:17AM
Posted by: Hadys1
This is an awsome addon, I've had a G15 for a while now and have only ever had the led screen working on wow, but for some reason even that stopped working. So it will be great to get to use the screen again for somthing worthwhile.
Date: July 07, 2010 09:16PM
Posted by: Mr Pibb
Hi Zaz.

There has been some excellent progress hooking GP4 up to race-sim hardware. This all stemmed from this little beauty. :-) Thanks for that!

I have sent you a pm regarding this, but it may be a bit confusing, so have posted here to help remind you of what it was all about.

Regards,

Mr Pibb

Date: July 08, 2010 08:24PM
Hi everybody,

I am a big fan of GP4 and of this forum, though I very seldom write here (sorry for that!). I previously owned a G15, but it broke down some weeks ago :-( before I could even test ZaZ's tool. Thank's anyway for it!

Mr. Pibb's news are wonderful! Can you explain more? I've always dreamt about playing GP4 with devices like ZaZ's tool, or leo bodnar's SLI-PRO or others of the kind...

Cheers,

villota77
Date: July 10, 2010 12:30PM
Posted by: Mr Pibb
@villota77: The sim racing hardware I am referring to is Leo Lacava's (another Leo) range of Beta Innovations products. Hopefully they will allow rpm display via LEDs, gear display via 16-seg LED and all sorts of (user configurable) information displayed via 20x4 LCD (similar to the G15). I have incorporated all of these things into my momo black wheel and mounted it onto a G25. You can see it in my avatar. It will also be possible to display all sorts of information via analogue gauges (air-core driven) and possibly warning lights too. With this hardware it is currently possible to program any number of buttons and rotary controllers to perform any task you desire. I'm about to attempt to set up a "quick save" function that'll escape from cockpit, navigate the menu, save the game and even type in a save file name etc then return to cockpit all at the press of a single button. I presently have full menu navigation available from the wheel and rotary controlled brake balance. But it hasn't made me any quicker, just more fun.

Date: January 09, 2011 07:47PM
Hi everybody! Any progress in the developmement? Anyone thinking of making a GP4 addon for SLI-PRO? (hope I had the knowledge to do it myself!)

Cheers,

villota77
Date: July 29, 2012 12:20PM
Posted by: MK3424
I wonder: Do you still have the applet?
Because, i have a G13 keyboard and it plays also the G15 applets.
So, if you still have it, will you send it?
Thanks in advance.
Date: July 29, 2012 01:26PM
Check your private message for the link :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy