Race Fuel

Posted by kas 
Race Fuel
Date: October 01, 2007 05:38PM
Posted by: kas
Please Help,

How can I change the quantity of fuel in my car at the start of a race, I always seem to have an extra 3 or 4 laps worth of fuel than needed.
For example if I am running a one stop on a 18 lap race I will start with about 11 or 12 laps worth, which I don't need (10 would be sufficient). Then when I pit I am given another 11 or 12 laps for the last nine laps of race.
Obviously having unnecessary fuel increases lap times, so how do I rsolve this issue.
PS: My fuel consumption is correct its just that I have unnecessary fuel in tank.
Thanks
kas
Re: Race Fuel
Date: October 01, 2007 06:03PM
Posted by: Viper-F1.com
You can set up your whole car, pit stop strategy, the whole she-bang, prior to race start. When viewing the weather. If its just quick races, you can setup a default setup, per track, within the driver lineup. Just click the wee spanner icon. Hope that helps.
Date: October 01, 2007 06:19PM
Thanks for the reply.
Don't think I made myself clear I know where to go to set the pit stop strategy (ie 1,2 or 3 stops etc) but I do not see a way to change the amount of fuel I am given. As per my original post I always get given more than is needed.
Another example on a one stop 20 lap race I get given 13 or 14 laps of fuel at start of race (I only really need 11 at most). Why the excess fuel?
Hope this makes things clearer.
kas
Date: October 01, 2007 06:56PM
Posted by: costame
thats right, before some races (i dont know if it happens every circuit) though you select the exact fuel amount, for example 18 laps, in the "last minute changes" menu, you are given more than what you select, at the start of the race. and in some circuits the fuel amount you take is not eneough for the laps you wanna run. choose bahrain 2007, go for 2 pit strategy, which makes you stop in 19th and 38th laps, though you start with the correct amount, 19 laps of fuel, you run out of fuel in the 17th lap.
Date: October 01, 2007 07:07PM
Its not just my car either, if you run a race you will see that all cars cross the finish line at the end of a race with about 3 laps of fuel left in the tank (which are a waste as you have been driving them around when not necessary).
Is there any way around this?
kas
Date: October 01, 2007 07:50PM
Posted by: Robert
I don't think so, its probably the game allowing you extra fuel in case you want to pit later than scheduled, whcih could happen sometimes in real f1 anyway :)

Batracer - the online racing manager game - join here :) [batracer.com]
Date: October 01, 2007 07:53PM
Yeah possibly, but I think you should be able to decide how much fuel you put in your tank. If there are 10 laps left to the finish after a pit stop why would you put in 13 laps worth of fuel!
Date: October 02, 2007 10:31AM
Posted by: n00binio
i think the game always gives 2 more laps of fuel than needed. changed physics and/or changed track layout (longer/shorter than original gp4 track) without alter the fuel consumption in the magic data file can cause more or less than 2 laps of fuel at the end of the race or the stint.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy