Tyre Wear

Posted by Rams 
Tyre Wear
Date: August 30, 2007 04:15PM
Posted by: Rams
Hi, I found a way to change the tyre wear but I'm looking for more realistic values, so that cars get faster as the fuel loads go down rather than slower.

Also does the tyre wear in the .dat files affect both player and AI cars?

Thanks!
Re: Tyre Wear
Date: August 31, 2007 09:11AM
Posted by: Ali
Some time ago I played many times with this and the unique parameter that had an effect was to use 55/54 in magic data for hard tires/soft tires instead of the classical 54/53...

"...so that cars get faster as the fuel loads go down rather than slower..."

You can also simulate that effect increasing the fuel weight.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2007 09:15AM by Ali.
Date: September 08, 2007 01:30PM
Interesting, where can I find those parameters to change.

Thanks,
Date: September 08, 2007 01:54PM
Posted by: Ruboy
Ali Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ... to use
> 55/54 in magic data for hard tires/soft tires
> instead of the classical 54/53...

What does these values mean?

Date: September 08, 2007 03:17PM
Sorry I found the parameter you are speaking of, wasn't looking hard enough :P

What are realistic values for the fuel consumption?
Date: September 08, 2007 08:56PM
Posted by: [FIN]Räkä
Could you tell us where is that parameter?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2007 08:57PM by [FIN]Räkä.
Date: September 08, 2007 10:09PM
It's in the magic file for each track. Get the magic editor and it lets you create one for each track
Date: September 11, 2007 12:41PM
Can anyone help? :(
Date: September 11, 2007 05:31PM
Posted by: Robert
fuel consumption is how much fuel the car uses, changing it only means that 1 'lap' of fuel will last more or less than 1 actual lap. This is only useful for different physics or tracks. I don't think its possible to change the actual weight effect of fuel in the car.

Batracer - the online racing manager game - join here :) [batracer.com]
Date: September 15, 2007 12:57PM
Hmm, so what about the tyre wear values, anyone got any realistic values?
Date: April 13, 2008 12:42PM
Well, I have to come back to this again...does anyone know what EXACTLY following values mean?

54 ; hard tyre
53 ; soft tyre
100 ; >= 50 tyretype 1 else 0

If you don't know or you are not sure then please don't reply...I really need a helpful answer this time ;)

Date: April 13, 2008 01:45PM
Posted by: phantaman
the answer? i think is in my backup... :p

EDIT:

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2008 02:16PM by phantaman.
Date: May 08, 2008 01:27PM
Could anyone confirm that the global tyre wear value doesn't affect AI tyres?
Date: May 08, 2008 02:22PM
Ups.... I should have read the topic before as there were some questions...

Well, tyre wear parameter didn't have an effect for me when I was playing with it. Putting some extreme values, there was no effect on AI cars.

About the 55-54 or 54-53, for what I could test, it is how hard the tyre is. When using 54-53, lap times start to be worse and slower much before than using 55-54, so it can emulate tyre degradation somehow.

About fuel weight, generally tracks have 7000 or 8000, I changed it to about 14000 and you can notice some difference. But you also have to play with fuel consumption, but as each track has it's own magic data, you need to spend some time doing it for each one.

Most of my tracks have now 55-54, fuel weight of about 14000 or 15000 and lap times are very consistent and cars tend to be faster towards the end of the stint.

But all of this is because I did some tests, I don't really know what exactly means each parameter.

But there are a lot of parameters to play that I didn't use.
Date: May 08, 2008 03:29PM
Posted by: SuperSonic
Hi,

52-55 are different dry tyres that you can choose for each track.

56-59 seem to behave like intermediate-to-moonsoon tyres, with very low grip and huge wear.

Each tyre type has its own specific grip and wear pattern. In addition, one should NOT assume that a higher value gives a harder tyre, even though 55 is the hardest and most resistent as far as I can remember (and YES laptimes decrease, maybe not as dramatically as you want, but anyway...)

54 ; hard tyre
53 ; soft tyre
100 ; >= 50 tyretype 1 else 0

The third line is tyre choice for CC's.
If >=50, the tyre type specified in the second line is chosen (type 1), otherwise cc's get the tyre in the first line (type 0).

Once I made a graph in Excel to analyse specific grip and wear pattern of each tyre. Unfortunately I lost it. But it is very helpful. You can try it out by using the text logging feature in gpxpatch. Then you'll have accurate info to select tyres in the md file and probably end up with 55/55, as it is the only one that provides decreasing laptimes. You can compensate the loss of grip by... increasing track grip.

"Tyre wear" affects human player only. So the best you can do is to analyse cc's stints and try to adjust "tyre wear" to have a similar pace. Again, text logging and excel are very useful for this.

"fuel???" is given in "kg*2979".

Check this [www.grandprixgames.org]
and this [www.realgpx.com]

If you want precise fuel consumption, get some real data about fuel consumption and just do the maths, then calculate proportionally the fuel consumption 1 and 2. You might need some fine tunning after that. The FIA used to publish such figures last year for the v8 F1 engines.

Alert: all of this have worked flawlessly for GP3. I'm going into GP4 just now, but I assume it is the same.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2008 03:35PM by SuperSonic.
Date: May 08, 2008 05:20PM
Posted by: jpmfan
this might sound like a stupid question but is there anything already in GPx Patch that i can press a button to get the tyre wear up on the screen while racing. I think i had it before but its gone lately.
Date: May 08, 2008 06:13PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
Nope. It only works in practice.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: May 08, 2008 09:07PM
@Ali and Super Sonice: Thanks for information which is very helpful :)

@Paolo: Yeah, I also searched fir this...it's a shame that it cannot be seen in the race session.

Date: May 08, 2008 11:42PM
I've testing a little bit more.

If you select:
Tyre 55
fuel?? param multiplied x2
fuel consumption also multiplied x2 (to compensate fuel?? param)

The effect is quite realistic. Lap times at the end of a 20 lap stint are about 1-1.5 seconds faster towards the end of the stint. Times decerease regularly and most of the CC cars set their fastest laps just before the pit stop.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2008 11:43PM by Ali.
Date: May 09, 2008 12:21AM
That sounds nice indeed:)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy