So about the Gp4 Announcement

Posted by dkpioe 
Re: So about the Gp4 Announcement
Date: August 25, 2007 10:48PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Stick to it, then, much better ;)

Yes it is lacking F1, but we must be patient...
Date: August 25, 2007 10:49PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Guimengo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Stick to it, then, much better ;)
>
> Yes it is lacking F1, but we must be patient...

I found a F1 2007 MOD for that game!!!. Im not kidding.

Cheers :)
Date: August 25, 2007 10:53PM
I think I saw a video on youtube, must have been a FS ONE conversion, so it should be a bit poor unfortunately :(. Anyway, could you PM me a link to the site so I can read about it and check it out? Thanks, I am out of this thread now. Back on topic!
Date: August 25, 2007 10:56PM
Posted by: Stan
if you wanted F1 you should have got Rfactor

Date: August 25, 2007 11:00PM
Posted by: Ruboy
97kirkc Wrote:
> Well, this really
> doesn't work like that unfortunatly, because the
> best days of people modding GP4 have been and
> gone. 2004 was the height of the best stuff and it
> really has gone downhill since then, for the
> simple fact that alot of the best modders have
> moved on.

How can you say this? GP4 has developped more than ever since 2004...for example proper track editing became possible just in the middle of 2005 and the cars are more detailed today than ever before.
Yes, modders were really skilled a few years ago, but they are still today.

Date: August 25, 2007 11:01PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Stan Wrote:
> if you wanted F1 you should have got Rfactor

Nop, i like GP4 and GTR 2 only. Other racing games i dont like.
Date: August 25, 2007 11:15PM
Posted by: 97kirkc
Ruboy Wrote:
> 97kirkc Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Well, this really
> > doesn't work like that unfortunatly, because
> the
> > best days of people modding GP4 have been and
> > gone. 2004 was the height of the best stuff and
> it
> > really has gone downhill since then, for the
> > simple fact that alot of the best modders have
> > moved on.
>
> How can you say this? GP4 has developped more than
> ever since 2004...for example proper track editing
> became possible just in the middle of 2005 and the
> cars are more detailed today than ever before.
> Yes, modders were really skilled a few years ago,
> but they are still today.

Quite easily. Like Stan and what seems to be smaller numbers than ever these days ive been round here since practically the year dot.

Technical solutions have been made, the quality however has taken a dive compared to the work from previous. For truly great work check back to the days of Ross and sixdegree's 2004 Minardi, Oggo's B196 Bennetton, Wai's 2004 McLaren MP4 19 and 19B version and the great 2004 gp4gamer.nl mod which if you havent tried it is still the most complete mod for any season for GP4. You still get the odd great piece every so often these days, but again they always seem to be from the modders that have been round here a while, such as Oggo and a few others who seem to be in smaller numbers than ever...because people move on.

Date: August 25, 2007 11:18PM
Ah, the days of Bojan, Wai, Nick, Ross.... won't mention Diego because he's still around :P

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2007 12:17AM by Guimengo.
Date: August 25, 2007 11:26PM
I agree about the cars and the gp4gamer.nl mod - it's also one of my very favourite mods. But there are also new people around which make high quality work.
What I don't like in the recent days is the decreasing number of cars being made from scratch...often people use other cars as base just to bring out an updated version as quickly as possible which cannot be very accurate.
But it is so easy to say this...I am not a car maker or painter but track maker, so I still respect the work being done. Nevertheless there are numerous people around providing top class work.

Date: August 25, 2007 11:34PM
Posted by: Stan
Ruboy Wrote:
> I agree about the cars and the gp4gamer.nl mod -
> it's also one of my very favourite mods. But there
> are also new people around which make high quality
> work.

can you name them?

Date: August 25, 2007 11:41PM
Posted by: Renault#1Fan
I think the demo is a great idea, it allows people to test out the game and maybe convert them to GP4 and bring in new people with new ideas and people who would want to work on things for GP4, so with that said I say great job jimbob1.
Date: August 26, 2007 01:32AM
Posted by: carling
Or you can get it form torrent a site like my friend did. i however bought the game new.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2007 02:19PM by carling.
Date: August 26, 2007 01:56AM
carling, you might want to edit that, because as obvious it is to some people it is still against the idea of directly posting about warez and stimulating it
Date: August 26, 2007 05:55AM
Posted by: Bigbrother
About that topic of this thread again, yes this was the news and Not Mortal, Jimbob and I said anything new would be released even in a text there was it should have been released years ago so if you all guys gets your minds into action to expect things that aren't possible thats YOUR problem and not US problem. This Demo is an idea to get more people that don't know gp4 yet warm to get into the game and buy it !!!

At the starter of the thread if you want new things why don't you try and make them yourself instead of searching for discussion all the time !?

We should be glad what he all have today. When the 2007 mod is released then we can be very pleased of what gp4 has become today after existing since 2001. If you don't like gp4 then play something else.
Date: August 26, 2007 09:49AM
Posted by: Polancone
:D

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2007 10:05AM by Polancone.
Date: August 26, 2007 10:24AM
Stan Wrote:
> Ruboy Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I agree about the cars and the gp4gamer.nl mod
> -
> > it's also one of my very favourite mods. But
> there
> > are also new people around which make high
> quality
> > work.
>
> can you name them?

This answer is quite provoking. Might be that you have another opinion and that's no problem for me at all.
I know exactly which work by certain people I appreciate the most...but I won't post any stupid list because I might forget someone and it's simply disrespectful to many other modders who are lower skilled but still try their best to produce stuff for GP4. Even when their result is not top they spend a lot of time for this, too.

Date: August 26, 2007 11:46AM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
A demo of GP4 is a good idea, but i thought that there was already a demo out for this game and why don't make the thread of the GP4 demo sticky? Now it will slowly sink into oblivion and all the work will be for nothing.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: August 26, 2007 11:53AM
Posted by: Bigbrother
its going to become a sticky, don't worry about that, mortal told it to me in private message :-)
Date: August 26, 2007 11:57AM
Posted by: _Erix_
I think the demo is a great way to show F1 sim lovers how good GP4 actually is. I really missed having a GP4 demo back in 2002. I bought GP3 because I liked the demo and bought GP4 because I liked GP3. Now that F1 is banned to the consoles and there hasn't been a decent F1 sim since 2003 (rFactor isn't an F1 sim) I feel Jim did a great job by creating one.

GP4 is still alive, maybe not as alive (and chaotic) as it was in 2004 but that is not really important. The 1995, 2005, 1991 and 2006/7 mods are all shiny pearls. The tracks we see released are fantastic and with the promise of 2007, LMPS and DTM mods I'd say GP4 is still thriving. It just needs a few dedicated members and developers (Laurent & Ronald) to keep the game alive.

Please buy the game if you like it. You have no excuse to download it illegaly now that there's a demo available. By buying the game you honour the people who put in a lot of their time and energy into making GP4 a classic F1 sim. I think they can be proud that we all kept their game alive for so many years.

[1991] [2003] [2004] [gp2 world series]
Date: August 26, 2007 01:17PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
i think the demo needs to be spread around to more sites (gp4italia, race simulations, bh motorsports etc.), because probably not everyone comes here first looking for a demo

X (@ed24f1)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy