Crash to desktop

Posted by thedr2 
Crash to desktop
Date: July 27, 2007 04:34PM
Posted by: thedr2
I have GP4, and I have a problem (which, from reading around, is not confined to my computer). the game crashes to desktop at about the 1st corner of the 2nd lap. It doesn't allways do this, but it does about 95% of the time on all tracks.
I've read a couple of topics, and I've taken into account soem of the suggestions made, but I have yet to find a solution to my problem.

I have Patch 9.6 and the GPX patch and am using XP (which I assume is the root of the problem).

Any suggestions as to what I can do?

Thanks in advance,

Dan.
Re: Crash to desktop
Date: July 27, 2007 05:16PM
Posted by: d3boy2002
I have this exact same problem rrr! i hope someone can fix this. For me, its at the begining before the lights go off, or when racing. Also, my game freezes randomly sometimes when i pres ESC or PAUSE.
Date: July 27, 2007 05:18PM
Posted by: thedr2
Actually, I think I might have solved it.

I had changed the names of the drivers, and for some of them, I had created a one word name, or one without a space. I changed it so that they were all 2 word names and I've finally managed to complete a race.

Thanks anyway, and I hope the above poster also finds a solution!
Date: July 27, 2007 06:13PM
Lol. i better try out what you did. My advice (if your doesn't work) is to press as least buttons or keys as possible (except the accelerator etc.). once i change view, i know that im gonna crash to desktop before i can finish...Not that i even finished a race without crashing. :)

See ya! thanks again for your solution :):):)!
Date: July 27, 2007 08:31PM
i dont really understand what I should do...i turned all the names to their last names only...
Date: July 27, 2007 11:47PM
Posted by: JeDa
I also had a lot of crashes. I tried everything but had no succes. Than I reinstalled GP4 without any patch or add on. I ran it in win98 compatibility mode and had no crashes. After that I installed the official GP4-patch, also still no crashes. I than installed GPxPatch, the game still was very stable. After that I installed CSM and some mods -> the games started crashing so I went back to previous version (I made backup's of the complete GP4 folder after every change I made). Know I created my own 2007 mod which runs great without CSM! I know have a few GP4 folders on my HD:
GP4 2001 -> default GP4 season 2001
GP4 1994 -> The 1994 mod
GP4 2007 -> My own 2007 mod with tracks etc

So I dont use CSM anymore, I just have complete GP4 folders for each mod I play and my system is very stable!

I'm planning on creating also my own GP4 1991, GP4 1995 and GP4 2006 folder :)

But before I install anything I make a backup so that I can also go one step back.

Hope this helps a bit!
Date: July 28, 2007 12:49AM
I heard from somewhere that IF YOU CHANGE CPU to 0 or 1 IN THE GPX PATCH AND START PGX IN DEBUG MODE AT HIGH VERBOSITY, EVERYTHING GETS SOLVED! my problems were all solved (except for the tv mode=instant death problem)

see ya! hope i helped!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy