Helmet problem: BMW drivers helmets dont show ingame...

Posted by JeDa 
Hi,
I have compiled my own 2007 season, I created my own cars.wad and other files. Everything works great, only the helmets of the two BMW drivers are wrong in game.

Here is what I did, I put the new *.tex file for the helmets in my cars.wad:
driver9_1.tex
driver9_2.tex
driver10_1.tex
driver10_2.tex
I checked this by opening the *.tex files with texeditor. The size of the texture is the same as all other helmets. All other helmets work fine, just the BMW drivers show the default GP4 helmets in game.

What am I doing wrong?
You must copy those + driver21_1.tex and driver21_2.tex to GP4\Cars folder replacing the old ones.
Thanks!!! I'll try it!
BTW are there any other drivers that have more than two files for the helmets?
Hi,
I just tried it but it doesnt work.
driver21_1.tex and driver21_2.tex are textures from a driver form another team, in my case the 2nd Spyker driver.
Actualy, his helmet is also not shown right. So I should replace his textures with the textures of the BMW drivers? But each driver has two textures so two drivers have four texture files. How can I put those four texture file in the two file you mean? I just dont understand :(

Thanks again!
First of all, don't do anything to your cars.wad. There's nothing wrong with it.

Open up your Grand Prix 4 directory. There you should see a directory called "Cars". Open it up and you'll see the helmet textures for drivers 9,10 and 21. Replace them with the tex's you have in your cars.wad and it will work.
Wow.... That's great! I didnt know that!

Strange that these helmet files for only those three drivers are in this folder.... Do you know why they did that?
I guess in original GP4 v1.0 the helmets were in wrong order (Villeneuve had Panis' helmet) and one of the minardi drivers had wrong helmet. They fixed it in the official patch by placing the helmets in that Cars directory.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy