More or less reflections on different tracks, how to solve?

Posted by JeDa 
Hi,
On some of the tracks the reflections are much more noticable than on other tracks. On the Brasil track for example, everything is to shinny, it looks kinda weird. On other tracks the reflections are allmost not noticable. How can I change the reflections for each individual track?

Thanks, JeDa
env files. which tracks reflections are best in your oppinion? open that track wad and copy env files across to all other track wads.
Thanks! Will try it right away!
hi jeda...
try open you f1graphic.cfg....

first you have to change the first line to
1 ;f1graphic.cfg control ...

and for the reflection..scrolling down to

200.....[main view] .....reflection....

you can sets lower for decreasing the reflection...

hope got shorted :D
Thanks Addie! Will try it tonight!
I tried copying the *.env files from the wad I like best to another track but it doesnt make a difference at all..... perhaps I am doing something wrong or are there any other files that control the track related reflections?

Thanks
I guess you have reflections turned on "dynamic" in graphic options. That's why it doesn't make any difference to copy the envmaps, because the game uses them only when you have turned reflections to "static".
@Hega
Didn't work for me.. Or I did something wrong.
I'd like to have reflections from 2006 Indianapolis to my monaco track.. But just copying envmaps and/or using static reflections doesn't work.
Someone give us working "instructions" please.

HD SUZUKA - MENU ADDONS - ONBOARD CAMERAS - VIDS
mmm..jeda try for several lines near the lines that i've pointed to you.. :D
it works when i was in fuji to decrease the reflection...

Hope you to :D
@SilverBlaze:
Try this.. Extract weather.wdt file from Indianapolis2001.wad and then update Monaco2001.wad with Indianapolis weather.wdt file.
Hmmm.. I don't know if it worked or not.. the cars almost have reflections like they have at Indianapolis.. but they still don't look like the same..
I don't know.. maybe the difference is so small that it's hard to notice..
Anyways.. I'm not sure if something has changed or not.

If you still have any ideas I'd like to try.

HD SUZUKA - MENU ADDONS - ONBOARD CAMERAS - VIDS
If you have Dynamic env maps enabled, its all to do with the the Number of materials in the .gp4 that have the "Self-Illum" property ;-). If you are getting way to reflective cars try using the material editor in GP4Builder to disable the self-illum property on some objects. Thats how I fix all the "ultra reflective" circuits lol.

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy