Learning new tracks

Posted by StayingPower 
Learning new tracks
Date: July 24, 2007 11:59PM
Posted by: StayingPower
I'm doing a 2006 season, but I'm having a bit of trouble. The first race is Bahrain, a track I've never driven on before. I've been playing the GP series since GP1 and I haven't really had to learn many new tracks since then. Bahrain has to be one of the hardest tracks I've ever had to learn. All those slopes right before a turn so you don't know when to break. Any tips for learning new tracks? I usually just go round it a few times in practice and then do a few quick races on it, but I just can't come to terms with this one.
Re: Learning new tracks
Date: July 25, 2007 12:10AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Bahrain i think its easy, but very nice to drive especially 32bobo32´s 2007 version.

Cheers :)
Date: July 25, 2007 04:47AM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
Bahrain is actually a track I'm fairly quick on.

But there is no shortcut to learning a track. Endless laps of practice are requited to get really quick on a track...

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: July 25, 2007 09:38AM
Posted by: 32BOBO32
you need to learn when and how break in bahrain. Breaking is a little different by others track in bahrain, if you don't optimize braking behaviour you will lose many time ;)
Date: July 25, 2007 11:19AM
Posted by: Shaddix
think the basic way is the best, but you have to have patience, just drive a first lap very slow, the second a bit faster, afther that a bit faster, if you go off, try the lap again at the same pace, afther a clean lap you can increase your pace again

it takes much time, but it's how they do it in real life, and it works pretty good i think :)
Date: July 25, 2007 03:25PM
Posted by: Red_Bull
Bahrain is fairly easy to find a rhythm, but you just have to be careful on your downshifts when braking (especially through that sequence of bends after the top hairpin) or you'll lose the balance and it'll be a lovely backwards trip across the boonies for you. You'll be lucky to hit anything, so dust yourself off and try again.

I made a total dogs ear of the practice sessions and even qualifying during my 2006 season at this circuit, but was surprisingly consistent during the race and the laps just ticked by - its nice to glance at the pitboard and see only 10 laps remaining!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2007 03:28PM by Red_Bull.
Date: July 25, 2007 07:35PM
Posted by: costame
well this is my way: have a few slow laps, then try to follow the slowest car for the right racing line, to see where i can be faster. and then try to keep up with the fast cars. the only one that this is not worked for me is fuji, thats still a damn complicated track for me ....
Date: July 30, 2007 11:31AM
Posted by: dentistTubster
Where did you get Fuji from?!
Date: July 30, 2007 12:05PM
Posted by: JeDa
You can get a Fuji here, don't know if it's the right version....

[makephpbb.com]

Note:Please don't direct link to the gp4world rapidshare account, Ive changed the link for now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2007 01:20PM by Willb.
Date: July 30, 2007 12:35PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Doesn't GP4 suggest Monza to start? It has long straights, fast corners and slow corners, but it's not hard to learn.
Date: July 30, 2007 06:36PM
Posted by: JeDa
JeDa schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You can get a Fuji here, don't know if it's the
> right version....
>
> [makephpbb.com]
> rum=thegrandprix4wo
>
> Note:Please don't direct link to the gp4world
> rapidshare account, Ive changed the link for now.

Sorry, I really didnt know that it wasnt allowed...
Date: July 30, 2007 06:54PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
when i first started playing gp3 then 4 to learn new tracks i stuck the ai skill
level high & watch them from pits to see what lines they were taking etc..
then tried to follow this & improve where i could.....
Date: July 30, 2007 07:21PM
Posted by: Sapo
Endless practising is indeed the key. My own strategy is to drive really slow to avoid spinning off the track or missing apex's, and increase my speed bit by bit. In the end, i try to drive better and better laptimes without spinning of. Quicklaps is ideal for practising, you can do your own little qually session with yourself as multiple opponent ;)

Some say... he's even smaller than 20kb.
And some say... he's so offensive he could get you into trouble...
The only thing we know is that he's called...

THE SIG

Felipe Massa, World Champion 15:34:11pm- 15:34:21pm.
Date: July 30, 2007 08:22PM
Posted by: magicsenna
for me the best way to learn a track is much downforce and fuel load for a stint;)
except monza of course...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2007 08:23PM by magicsenna.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy