JUST COMPLETED IT FINALLY!!!!

Posted by JackieStewart 
JUST COMPLETED IT FINALLY!!!!
Date: July 23, 2007 09:10PM
Posted by: JackieStewart
Wow,
When was GP4 release originally? Wow, I got it about a month after it came out and played it regularly since then (with odd bits of disapprearing down a flight sim etc). Just completed a full championship season for the first time. Finished 2nd 3 points behind Alonso on the 2006 mod.
What a brilliant sim. Could anyone recommend anything better - I doubt it.

Jackie

....................I quite like this now.
Re: JUST COMPLETED IT FINALLY!!!!
Date: July 23, 2007 09:52PM
Posted by: Berger_Fan
Hehe. Good stuff! :D
I think the game was released in August, 2002.

F1archives * Facebook * YouTube
Date: July 23, 2007 09:57PM
Posted by: ralv585
congrats mate, i've never actually completed a championship in gp4, keep getting distracted with new cars, tracks and what not.

last time i did that was for gp3, absoutely awesome, i'd love to do that, but i don't know if i have the patience ;)

Date: July 24, 2007 01:56PM
Posted by: kimiraik
Gp4 was released earlier than August 2002..
Date: July 24, 2007 03:39PM
Posted by: b-tone
Good stuff Jackie :)
How about a more in depth account of your season? Its nice to hear about people playing the game once in a while :p

I think my only full season was in gp3 but the aim was to start at the back and gain as many positions as possible by turn 1

____
Tony

Date: July 24, 2007 07:20PM
Posted by: magicsenna
muhahaha, i survived GP1 :)
Date: July 24, 2007 07:50PM
Posted by: Sohle
In Germany the release was the 13.6.2002, I think.

Cheers
Sohle
Date: July 24, 2007 09:46PM
Posted by: Viper-F1.com
LOL! I'm on my 5th full championship with GP4 and GP3. I'm a real saddo!!! Practised with GP3 all 2001, then full season 2002, following the F1 at the weekends and test sessions, and done it ever since!! :o) Its the closest I'll ever get to being an F1 driver, owner, designer, etc etc etc!!! :0D

My 100th GP is the Japanese GP this year!! LOL!!! I missed a few GPs back in 05!
Date: July 24, 2007 10:00PM
Posted by: mansell92
Yep, June 2002, definitely.

I remeber because those were great times for me personally (still at University and only 18 years old :)) and I bought it even though I knew my 700Mhz Duron, 256Mb Ram and 16Mb Voodoo Graphics card would really struggle.

Thankfully, my new PC (2.2P4, 128Mb GFX card, 512MB Ram) arrived just six weeks later.
Date: July 24, 2007 11:04PM
Posted by: JeDa
I'm also doing a complete F1 season. I chose the 1994 mod because 1994 was one of the first years I followed a complete season on TV. As a dutchman I picked the benetton of Verstappen. I have now finished 11 GPs (all 100% race distance) and I'm third in the championship just behind Senna and Schumacher. It's great fun, I can really recomend it people who havent done a 100% championship!
Date: July 24, 2007 11:17PM
Posted by: mansell92
I agree - you get a good sense of satisfaction when you complete one, especially if you do so with 100% races.

I use Belini's BHP/Grip patch so, if you drive a Minardi, you'll most likely be slow. Race a Ferrari and it's a good deal easier and also the slipstream tweak for GP4Tweaker which does a good job of simulating the loss of grip when closely following another car. I feel these make racing a full season worthwhile.

Looking back, I've completed six full seasons since I got the game - two 2001 seasons using the original game and four 2003 seasons using Enzojz's 2003 mod. I've never been consistent enough to win one but I've had some great races since the GP4 AI is really rather good compared to other sims.
Date: July 24, 2007 11:25PM
Posted by: vesuvius
I got my gp4 17.5.2002....I have played and finished many seasons in gp4...currently playing 2007 season with my bro ...we both have 3 drivers and 4 drivers are still title contenders when there is only 2 races to go...Massa has 100 points,Kimi 93 ,Alonso 92 and Lewis 89... now next race is Fuji and Kimi will start from pole,Fernando second and Lewis third ..Massa was fifth in quali after mistake.
Date: July 24, 2007 11:36PM
Posted by: RenaultFan
I have had GP4 since 2004 and have never had a full championship, actually come to think of it I dont think I have ever completed one 100% distance race but this thread makes me want to start a championship again. I would enjoy reading about others seasons.

Vesa sounds like your having a great season :)

- Jeremy
Date: July 24, 2007 11:45PM
Posted by: vesuvius
yeah one of the greatest seasons I have had,really close fight between 4 drivers..I have always enjoyed full championship seasons those really make gp4 the best F1 game that is available....
Date: July 24, 2007 11:57PM
Posted by: khula
It's a great game. me and a mate of mine play full 100% championship mode in hot seat setup (three turns each). We've been doing this since GP1 on the amiga. It's our 15th season.. half way through 2005 season at the mo and we've played every season since 1991. 91 to 94 on GP1, 95 to 98 on GP2, 99 to 02 on GP3 and 03 to 05 so far on GP4. Ah Phoenix on GP1 I remember it well...

Looking forward to 06 mod and 07 next!

Oh yeah, we play on ace level, full weather, no aids on 100% distance (including qualifying). This community is excellent and in my opinion this is the best sim ever. Oh, and we use a logitech G25 full gears mode.

Just had to share!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy