W300 Season 2 || S3 perfs Pg43 || New Thread open - DO NOT DELETE

Posted by brunoboi 
-Mikey- Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Paul Willins for biggest donkey award. Haha.
> Bless.

lmao of course i'm the biggest donkey, i used my ALLOWED driver changes to bring the team from 11th and last to 9th, very nearly 8th. I must be crap at this.

[en-gb.facebook.com]
van keeken Wrote:
> My helmet is being fixed as we speak so for the
> ones that were interested in making it for me
> (guess nobody :P) you are too late.
>
> Van Keeken

Good to hear, can you reveal where you're driving?

I'm one of the two testdrivers for Scuderia Minardi Ferrari in the W300 championship :), helmet should be completed somewhere this week :)

Van Keeken

brunoboi Wrote:
> van keeken Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > My helmet is being fixed as we speak so for the
> > ones that were interested in making it for me
> > (guess nobody :P) you are too late.
> >
> > Van Keeken
>
> Good to hear, can you reveal where you're driving?
As already has been revealed TOM ! :P

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
iCeMaN pAuL Wrote:
> -Mikey- Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Paul Willins for biggest donkey award. Haha.
> > Bless.
>
> lmao of course i'm the biggest donkey, i used my
> ALLOWED driver changes to bring the team from 11th
> and last to 9th, very nearly 8th. I must be crap
> at this.

The only problem was how you went on about those changes, car, both series, drivers for next season, you driving, drivers coming from previous season. You know, just that ;)

Part One

And so, with the season over we have one more massive contest to sort out before next season
can begin, the first Official W300 Awards are under way and the nominees have been revealed.
Seven awards are to be presentedwhen the voting closes next Wednesday (19th September),
these are:
Best Driver Award
Best Team Manager Award
Best Test Driver Award
Best Car Livery Award
Best Rookie of the Season
Biggest Donkey of the Season
and the 'You Have Been Great' Award
The Insider will now take you through all the awards so as to help you make up your voting
decisions.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, the first award for the best driver of the season is to be faught out between Andrew
Fuh, Bobby Neil and Josh Rayman. Fuh, started his first season in the W300 for Scolari
and immediately found himself in a fast car. He only managed to finish on the podium three
times and failed to take a race victory but his absolute consistency and seemingly
faultless talent saw him take second place in the Driver's Championship.

Bobby Neil moved to Senninha Racing for season two after finishing third in the championship.
At first he and team mate Turnbull were season favorites but come the first race it was
clear that the Senninha was down on pace and, after finishing in the top ten just once in
the first seven races, Neil moved to Team Shadow Subaru. He immediately showed his previous
form taking two victories in the first three races for the team eventually finishing
seventh in the championship.

Josh Rayman started the season, ready for a rematch with Turnbull for the title. However,
the englishman made it clear from the first race in Turkey that this was a one horse race.
Rayman went on to win eight races and claiming his first world title by well over one
hundred points. He broke almost every record over the course of the season and looks set to
do it all again next season when he reutrns with Team Orange.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Best team Manager Award shall be faught between Marc Ainley of Team Orange, Maikel de
Boer of Scolari W300 and Tom Pellatt of Team Shadow Subaru Jnr. The first nominee, Marc
Ainley, successfully steered Team Orange to their second Constructor's Title despite a
controversial quiet style of management. Ainley resigned Rayman, which proved to be a class
decision, from season one and teamed him up with the relatively unproven Byron van het
Bolscher from VDV Racing. The team picked up two one-two finishes with their nine race
victories including a three race winning streak at the end of the season.

Maikel de Boer took a risk coming into season two, he hired two novice drivers; Robert
Mews and Andrew Fuh, and then test driver John Warrington later on, that combined with a
poor seventh place in season one meant Scolari were out of the running. A disappointing
first race led many to further write off any Scolari challenge for the title but a comeback
in Japan where Mews took the team's first ever victory and a further six podiums would
follow as Scolari became one of the top teams and eventually took second place in the
Constructor's. He also graciously released Warrignton from his contract so the englishman
could persue a race drive elsewhere.

Tom Pellatt took over management of GP Racing at the end of season one and brought a new
name, two new drivers and a new title sponsor to create Team Shadow Subaru Junior. Will
Wood, dropped by Senninha was signed up immediately alongside former SCR driver Raymond
Buijs. Two test drivers were also picked in the forms of Connor Farr and Lee Davidson.
Will Wood took the team's first of three season victories in Belgium. Mid way through the
season Pellatt signed another Senninha driver, Bobby Neil, who took the team's next two
race wins. Shadow Subaru eventually finished fourth in the championship having started the
season nineth, they also finished first and second in the tester's championship.
A new aspect to the series was added for season two, the Tester's Championship, this was
thought up to help new drivers gain experience and help them get a race drive. It proved a
massive success with 17 participants throughout the season, many of which went on to take
part in races. The Tester's Championship was won decisively by our first nominee; Connor
Farr in the Shadow Subaru. The Brit scored 276 points over the course of the season (which
would have put him fourth in the Drivers Championship).

Shaun Bell for VDV Racing was the first driver to set a fastest lap during a Friday Practise
session, a real feat considering he was up against the likes of Josh Rayman. Bell ended the
season 3rd in the championship despite missing two race weekends after running out of funds
to run in the series.

Adam Merway stood out from the start of the season in his test role for Senninha Racing and
after just seven race weekends he was asked to race alongside reigning champion Turnbull.
He went on to finish on the podium three times whilst racing but will be remembered for being
the first tester to successfully make it as a race driver.

Our final nominee is another tester to make it as a race driver, John Warrington didn't come
into the series until mid way through the season when he joined Scolari W300. However, he
soon got the hang of it, in his third race he was the top tester and was soon scooped up by
VDV Racing with whom he finished the season.

To be continued

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2007 08:43PM by brunoboi.
Anyone need a test driver. I don't just want to be a reporter now.

Team Owner of ItalianEnglish Dynamics in GPG Super League
GP4 Season 5: 7) Jethro Walters. 8) Zsigmond Somogyi. TD) Stuart Ingers and Joel Henrique
GP3 Season 5: 14) Nathan Turner. 15) Tobias Kederer.
6 Time Race Winners
My previous offer still stands both for my W300 and WGP teams so take your pick ;-)

Gaulty schreef:
> Anyone need a test driver. I don't just want to be
> a reporter now.

Hi Ryan,

I have taken over Guido Prins' GP Racing w300 team and that team has still 2 test seats left.

Hope you like to join my team. :)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
OOh that's interesting - Did i already that too? Maybe I should pay more attention...

Anyways good luck with the team Ruben

Announcement

I am happy to announce that I am to become Team Shadow Subaru's Second Test driver. Thanks to Tom for offering me the chance.
Also thanks to Ruben for offering the chance to join his team also.

GP4 Season 5: 7) Jethro Walters. 8) Zsigmond Somogyi. TD) Stuart Ingers and Joel Henrique
6 Time Race Winners

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2007 10:18PM by Gaulty.
Announcement

Just a quick word on what's happening with the W300 S3 shape, Maikel is struggling to finish off the mapping and is not entirely pleased with it and so it is looking unlikely that this shape shall be ready in time. As a result we are appealing to anyone with mapping skills to help out and get a template and shape released! So if you know anyone or can help out do get in touch.

Alternatively, we have the options of returning to the GP2 or S2 shapes for next season OR there is the possibility of using Maikel's old A1GP shape, these would all only be last resorts however. We still have ages before S3 is due to start and so there is no immediate rush but I would say if there is still no hope for the new shape in a week we should at the alternatives.

We thank everyone for their patience ;-)

I'd rather use GP2 shapes :P updated for 2007 GP2 specs, or even the 2008 GP2 specs, theres plenty of pictures around :P

"I'm an artist, the track is my canvas, and the car is my brush."
GP Racing is dead, long live Team Greidanus Porsche!

Season 3 of the W300 series will be seeing another new team. Guido Prins, owner of GP Racing in the W300 and WGP Series, has sold his W300 team to fellow dutchman Ruben Greidanus, who drove the last couple of races for the W300 team in season 2.

With a new team owner the name of the team will be changed into Team Greidanus Porsche. German brewer Warsteiner is contracted as main sponsor of the team and it's rumoured that Mercedes will be the new engine supplier, hihi.

Asking Guido Prins why he sold his W300 team the Dutchman answered that running two teams in different series was too much time consuming so he had less time to download infamous photographic material. There were also voices in the paddock telling that the amount of interest in his W300 team was large due the misunderstanding of his last name.

New team owner Ruben Greidanus, also driving for his team in season 3 of the W300 Series as first driver (how arrogant), has the burning ambition to reach the top 3 of the constructors championship at the end of the season, besides taking some pole positions and winning some GP's.

Last but not least, Mark Hampson will be the second driver of Team Greidanus Porsche in season 3 and also important, there are also still two test driver seats left to be filled with humans instead of monkeys.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I had the chance of joining team as well. What I don't get is the teams called Team Greidanus Porsche, and your engine supplier is going to be Mercedes?

6 Time Race Winners
W300 Season 2 CSM Set Released!

Here's the link: [www.megaupload.com]

It will hopefully be out both on the Freewebs site and GPG download page ;-)

Gaulty schreef:
> I had the chance of joining team as well. What I
> don't get is the teams called Team Greidanus
> Porsche, and your engine supplier is going to be
> Mercedes?

he has no brains, so we forgive him ;)

Team Greinadnus Porsche with a Mercedes engine?! Oh noes, RaltWest is the sole and official Mercedes team in W300, keep running the BMW engines so we can have a competition between manufacturers :P lol just kidding :P But would be nice a BMW vs Mercedes :P

"I'm an artist, the track is my canvas, and the car is my brush."
Gaulty schreef:
> I had the chance of joining team as well. What I
> don't get is the teams called Team Greidanus
> Porsche, and your engine supplier is going to be
> Mercedes?

IT WAS A JOKE!!!

;-)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy