W300 Season 2 || S3 perfs Pg43 || New Thread open - DO NOT DELETE

Posted by brunoboi 
Hungarian Grand Prix Practise

After the soaking rain of the Nurburgring we come to Budapest in Hungary where the rain couldn't be
further away. Many teams lost out in the last race and will be looking to return to their previous
form here whilst others such as GP Racing will be hoping their winning pace continues...

The GP Racing team are obviously eager to know what their car is capable of as they send Brazier out
on to the circuit first.

He sets a 31.1 through the first sector, it will be interesting to see how that time compares ot other
drivers

His new team mate Ruben Greidanus replaces Jorge Caranti after the dutchman took the team's first win
he'll have a lot of pressure on his shoulders as a result. He's handling it well though, only just
down on Brazier

Brazier sets a 1m30.227, will we be seeing sub 90 second laps today?

Yes! Kevin Schroeder continues his strong testing form at Senninha racing to go nearly four tenths
faster

Greidanus starts his GPR BMW career well by beating team mate Brazier to go second so far.

Michael Grant goes a full second down, it's hard to tell whether that's good at this early stage

Well team mate and sister keeley Grant only just managed to beat him and so I think it was a
solid lap from by Michael though they could improve in later laps

Gareth Spencer, the SCR test driver is charging, nearly two tenths up after sector two

Meanwhile VDV tester Shaun Bell goes fasest so far! A good lap by him, I'd imagine he's pretty
angry that he wasn't chosen to replace Greidanus in the race seat.

But Spencer has managed to keep his momentum through the final sector to go easily fastest! The top
three drivers are now testers.

Fuh in the Scolari is unable to break into that group of testers and only manages fourth on his
first lap, crucially slower than a Senninha whom they are fighting in the Constructor's Championship

Connor Farr causes further distress to the Scolari team as he goes easily fastest nearly 7 tenths
up on that lap by Fuh

Montyn Stoffels sets a solid time for the Devil Fox team, ahead of both KBRs

That is quickly beaten by Mikey McClain in the Willins Renault

Footitt is just down on his team mates time, I'm sure Willins renault would have expected to be
nearer the midfield than this.

Keeley Grant improves her time to go less than a tenth down on the Willins Renault tester

Gary Spencer is back on it and is trying to beat Farr's time but he just isn't quick enough today

Robert Mews is setting his first time in the Scolari and after the first sector is only just down on
the Subaru tester's time, can he beat it?

Rayman also comes through and is even faster, six thousandths up! This could be close...

Mews crosses the line.. but he's lost all of that time in the second part of the race! He only
manages fourth

Rayman has lost even more time! He can only manage 5th, what a shock for Team Orange

The second TOr of Bolscher is stuck behind the Fortuna Rayco test driver, not the best start for
them as it's severely damaging his times

Mews manages to improve his time second time round but is still not as quick as the Subaru

Rayman however is also improving, storming through the second sector he's up on the fastest time so
far by a long way

But he pulls into the pits and does not complete that lap, I'm guessing he was low on fuel

Turnbull is another driver struggling to break into the top places as he goes fifth.

Mike Seymour is the second DFJ to set a time and it's quicker than both Willins Renaults!

Warrington moves from Scolari test driver to VDV racing driver for the rest of the season. He's
just over a tenth down on team mate Bell which is a good performance considering it's his first time
in the car

Ruben Greidanus comes from no where to go fastest in the GP racing BMW! He only just improves on
Farr's time but it's a very good result nevertheless

Davidson in the second Subaru test seat is also unable to find the pace of his team mate, as yet he
has not managed to set a top ten time

Bolscher is still setting very poor times and has actually fallen away from Valtonen who is actually
lapping quicker at this time.

As the session finishes bolscher vents his frustration on the Fprtuna Rayco forcing his way past

Shenoy crosses the line in to set his best time and go 7th to give both SCRs strong top ten finishes

Kurtis Turnbull is last to complete his lap and light on fuel takes advantage to set the fastest lap of the session! Senninha really mean business this weekend and show their intentions to claim second
in the Constructor's Championship!

Team Orange are perhaps not showing their hand quite yet this weekend but it is obvious they no
longer have the dominant pace of the field with Senninha, GP Racing, Shadow Subaru, SCR Holden AND
Scolari all showing their intentions to fight for the top spot!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2007 12:40AM by brunoboi.
Good result for Vesa and Ed, we seem to have an good pace around here. Also my congratz once agin to Kevin with his second 6th place. Gareth Spencer did an great job securing fourth Well done all four of you :D. My congratz to Kurtis for his fastest time. I have to say, so far this weekend in W300 looks good for me :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Not looking so hot.

haha,another great time from me!
thanks again for the opportunity to show my speed to the series!
Great time from Kurtis,too, and nice speed from the car...I think we can set the Poletime this weekend,but let´s see,it´s all close...the car and the team is working great,so the driver will make the difference!
Good luck and I´m really looking forward to the Quali!
Go Senninha:)
Good result first time out. Only a tenth down on my teammate is a good result
Very satisfied :)
Not great but only practice.

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Nice debut with GP Racing, shame that Kurtis stole my first place in the dying seconds of the practise session. ;)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Re: W300 Season 2 || Budapest Hungary 12th August || PRACTISE (Pg.9)
Date: August 11, 2007 03:34PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
iCeMaN pAuL Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not great but only practice.

You must be gutted you fired me eh Paul? Joke lol but good to be ahead of both the PWR guys
Not great, but you never know.

K x
Quali? Where is it? We need to know now, Tom - where do we stand?!?!?!

(lol, seriously, we need qualifying ASAP).
lol breathe Dean, everyone knows I'm always late but you will have your quali shortly ;-)

...and race on wednesday afternoon ;)

[en-gb.facebook.com]
*Adam Footitt Signs for Spirit Subaru Racing*

Current Willins Renault W300 tester Adam Footitt is to remain in the PWR family by making the leap from W300 tester to WGP tester in season 3.

Vesa Valtonen was announced several days ago as Spirit Subaru Racing's third driver, and number 1 tester for season 3.

Willins WGP, which becomes Spirit Subaru Racing next year, are looking for their first WGP victory at Spa this weekend.

[en-gb.facebook.com]
LMAO... no comment

Hungarian Grand Prix Qualifying

As we know, the Hungaroring can be very dificult to overtake on with it's low grip and high speed
corners, that is why qaulifying here is almost as important as Monaco and so everyone will be looking
to get as close to the front of the grid as possible. However, with competition at the front never
closer it will be one hell of a fight!

First out on circuit is Mikey McClain in the Willins Renault they seem to be struggling for pace here
after one of their best ever results in the Nurburgring last time out.

Through the first sector of his flying lap he sets a 28.1, let's see how that compares to Stoffels
who is immediately behind him...

Stoffels is over a tenths quicker at this stage! Devil Fox would be ecstatic if they could beat the
Willins' here after having been stuck at the back of the field for the last few races.

McClain streams past our commentary box to set his time... a 1m30.9, that's a lot slower than he
managed in practise and I think I saw hi running off line through the final turn.

Stoffels easily beats that! It's a good lap by the DFJ driver and it'll be interesting to see where
that puts him on the grid

Andrew Fuh in the Scolari wastes no time in setting what he believes to be a top time, and it is
very quick, almost matching the fastest time set yesterday!

Will Wood follows him through going a couple of tenths down, not a bad lap by the Shadow Subaru

Robert Mews is still on his lap in the second Scolari, we did see him go faster than Stoffels
through the first two sectors but can he challenge his team mate for pole?

Meanwhile Barrington goes fourth so far, that's only ahead of McClain at this point.

Kyran Brazier was significantly outpaced by his new team mate in practise, he sets a better time
today to slot himself in to third but it's a long way down on previsional pole.

Andy Butler sets a very good time in the VDV just a 1/4 of a second down, will his new team mate
be able to beat that?

Bernie Bolt goes six tenths down in the SCR Holden, he's just slower than Brazier in the GPR.

Robert Mews finally crosses the line on the busy circuit and... he goes second! Just over a tenth
down on his team mate to make it a Scolari one-two at this stage

Here's something our cameras caught earlier, Merway was a long way behind the Willins Renault ahead
of him when he started his lap...

...As they cross the line however there's no gap at all, that's how significant the gap from the
front to the back of the field is. Anyway! Buijs goes 9th with a pretty unimpressive lap, thats
just behind Montyn Stoffels.

Adam Merway however charges through and goes fastest! I reckon the slip stream of the Willins
helped but a beautiful lap nevertheless.

Keeley Grant goes tenth, just ahead of her team mate but behing Buijs.

John Warrington is looking very quick through sector one, could he get in at the front?

He's goes fifth! A stella job in the Englishman's first ever qualifying to beat his team mate

Seymour sets a good time in the Devil Fox, ahead of both KBRs and both Willins'

Rayman is now on a hot lap and has gone fastest through the first two sectors, can he hold it
together and take yet another pole?

Chester in the Fortuna Rayco sets a good lap to go ahead of Mike Seymour.

But Rayman is the driver everyone's looking at as his round the final bend and crosses the line to
snatch previsional pole position!

Fapitalle just beat his team mate by 6 thousandths of a second, the SCRs going to struggle to stay
inside the top ten however.

Bobby Neil is flying on his lap matching Rayman through sector one!

Meanwhile Bolscher in the second of the Team Orange cars is having a horrid time and only manages
8th, behind both VDVs

Dean Kittleson is next to set a time in the Fortuna Rayco and it's pretty quick, that puts him
ahead of both SCRs!

Turnbull then underlines how quick that lap was, he only beat it by one thousandth of a second!
A poor lap by the reigning world champion however who's going to have a tough race tomorrow as a
result

Bobby Neil comes across the line, can he take pole?!! NO! He goes second! Still he is ahead of
both Senninhas and both Scolaris, a strong result for the Subaru driver

Ruben Greidanus is the last man to cross the line, He so nearly went fastest in practise so can he
challenge for pole? The dutchman can only manage 10th but, he'll be frustrated to be behind both
VDVs, the team he was driving for last time out.

And so Josh Rayman takes pole position ahead of a very tight bettle in the rest of the top ten.
Shadow Subaru, Senninha, Scolari and VDV will all be targeting strong results and
potentially the race win as Team Orange defend their ever decreasing advantage over their rivals.

Ohhh look at that. An gd qualy of both my drivers. I hope we can snatch 8th back this race :p

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Looks like we're having a poor end of the season which is a shame, but get through this year quickly and look forward to a stronger season 3. :)

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Hmm, OK in qualy, ahead of both Willins cars though which is important. Good qually from Dean as well

Very good quali, let's hope we can maintain those places at least!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy