W300 Season 2 || S3 perfs Pg43 || New Thread open - DO NOT DELETE

Posted by brunoboi 
Welcome to the World 300 (W300)!

This is the new topic for the series after the last one was closed due to technical difficulties.
The old topic is here: [www.grandprixgames.org]

This is the official W300 topic for the second season of this great championship. The W300 is the junior series to the World Grand Prix (WGP)and is an AI run racing series using GP4. Members of the GPG forum create teams and then recruit other members as their drivers. In the W300, an identical chassis is used for each team which is unique to the series (made by MDBSnake). What makes the series work is the performance file which is updated after every race of the season. More information on the series can be found at [www.freewebs.com] the official website is updated with all W300 news, stats and results. Team and driver contact details can also be found on the website.

SEASON THREE CAR RELEASED!
[rapidshare.com]
[www.yousendit.com]

Rules
The Rules for the WGP and the W300 Grandprixgames.org Fantasy AI Based Race Series

Team Transfers:
A team owner may transfer his existing team from either the W300 to the WGP or from the WGP to the W300 on the provison that the team owner does not already own a team in the series he wishes to transfer to. This rule is designed to prevent team owners from owning more than one team in any one series.

Team Sales:
Teams may be sold off or ownership transferred at any time throughout either series.

Team Owners Responsibility:
It is the team owners responsibility to provide the Race Director with his team, ready to race before the season commences. Failure to do so will leave the team owners slot open and available to new teams.

Team ownership:
A team owner may own teams in either series.
A team owner in one series may drive for another team in the same series or for a team in another series.
A driver in one series may own a team in another series, or own a team in the series he/she drives in.
A team owner is allowed to drive in one of his/her own team/s.

Drivers:
Transfers can only be completed if the individual drivers
contract permits the transfer.
The Race Director and Race Steward require one race
notification of driver transfers and changes.
Drivers must supply their team owner with their helmet.
Drivers transferring from one series to another will have a perf adjustment:
WGP to W300 drivers perf multiplied by 1.001
If the transfer takes place during the off-season (after the end of a season) however the performance is multiplied by 1.002
W300 to WGP drivers perf divided by 1.001
If the transfer takes place during the off-season (after the end of a season) however the performance is divided by 1.002
A series driver cannot test for another series, as he/she cannot have two sets of perf numbers.
A series test driver, cannot test for another series, as he/she cannot have two sets of perf numbers.
Teams are limited to making just two changes to their race drivers throughout the season and they must inform both the Race Director and Race Steward of the changes to their line up one race before the change happens.
Rotations of test drivers and race drivers cannot be allowed due to the excessive workload required
updating the wad for each race/test session. Any test driver-race driver rotation will be considered
as part of the allowed allowance of driver changes per team per season.

Protests
Teams and drivers have 24 hours after the race results have been posted to notify the Race Steward of any dispute or protest.
A known AI issue is two drivers from the same team pitting at the same time. This has caused the teams pit crew to take an unscheduled lunch break and effectively shut down pit lane for everyone else. In this instance points were awarded by the Race Steward based on the drivers positions before the first stop of the race or at the last known time of positions.

Engine Rules:
The W300 allows teams to use any engine, capped at 900Q,880R
New team entries will use 800,780,1000
Existing W300 Teams that have completed a season will carry over a percentage of their power and failure range to
commence the next season. Teams are allowed to use any engine supplier they wish to use.

Livery and advertising:
A car may advertise Tobacco sponsorship, applies to either series.
Livery updates are at the discretion of the Race Director.

Car numbers & Pit garages
Team owners will number their cars. Numbers are decided by the Drivers Championship.
All cars must display their numbers, on the car nose and on the rear wing end-plates.
Pit-lane slots are decided by the Constructors Championship.
Team owners are encouraged to supply pit-crew, garage and pitbox for inclusion to the series.

Carshape: The 07 carshape is by Snake Motorsports, download the carshape from the W300 website.

Tyres: Bridgestone have renewed the contract.

The Calendar:

Uses its own calendar. Posted on the W300 website.
Test Sessions ie: Winter/Summer testing, will be
run at the discretion of the Race Director.

The championship points system for the W300
30 points awarded to the driver who crosses the finish line first, 25 for second place
20 for 3rd place, 19 points for fourth and so-on with 1 point awarded for 22nd place.
No points will be awarded for a DNF.
The winning points of each driver are added to his/her ability and subtracted from the range within the perf file which is released prior to each race.

W300 points system for teams:
A teams total winning driver points are added together, and subtracted from the failure range, this number is also divided by four, the resultant number is then added to the BHP. This is done until the BHP cap is attained.

The current W300 Starter perf for new drivers & teams:
[Team #00]
Name=XXXXXXXXXXXX
Performance=800,780,1000 Q & R & F adjusted throughout the season, unless the BHP cap is reached.
First Driver=21,Driver XXX,16000,600,16050,600
Second Driver=22,DriverYYY,16000,600,16050,600

Race Directors:
The Race Directors are the most important members of the series:
They compile the wad, they run the races, they post the screenshots and the all important results.
No dispute over the race can be entered into after the race has been run and the results have been posted. The Race Directors results are final and binding. It is from these results that the Race Steward compiles the perf file for the following race.

Race Steward:
Manages the perf files and acts as the most senior member of the W300 team

Edited 44 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2007 08:51PM by mortal.
The Insider Issue #2

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2007 12:22AM by brunoboi.
We are still having those technical issues, I've asked Stephan to look at asap.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
This thread works fine for me?

I made this one a sticky, if that's okay.

Ah thanks Mikey, i think Mal was having some trouble doing it ;-)

Mikey is great with making things sticky
and you would know why because...? ;)
S3 Team and driver line-ups, S3 Calendar

Can team owners who are aware of their FULL driver line-ups submit to me by email. I need Team owner & username, drivers 1 & 2 & usernames, test drivers 1 & 2 & usernames if applicable. Only submit if firm for S3. If you have a team name change advise the S2 name as well please. Your early submission will ensure the on-time start of S3.
S3 Race Calendar will be as per S2.
Race Directors are needed for S3 to help out as well.
Ta Mal

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Check your pm's, Mal. ;-)

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Guimengo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mikey is great with making things sticky

It's only been 7 posts into the brand new thread, and Gui is already ruining things.

Might have to take him out the back and give him a good smacking.....

You'd love that, wouldn't you ;)?
Btw, Tom. Ed Greenhalgh is also a tester for Fortuna Rayco.
I have Ed Greenhalgh in the perf for Fortuna Rayco so it's ok :-)

Diax F1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Btw, Tom. Ed Greenhalgh is also a tester for
> Fortuna Rayco.

Thanks mate, I knew I'd missed out someone

I need all my driver to contact me with what they arer doing

K x
I think you might have a couple of slots open Keeley, see at end of S2 how it's looking ;-)

If anyone needs a race driver for S3 i'm right here lol!

The greatest Scolari tester ever :P
haha! Should've known John would be the first to reply!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy