GP4 with big cars.wad keeps rebooting my system, please help!

Posted by JeDa 
Hi,
I have a weird problem with GP4. It reboots when I play a mod. First I thought it was caused by CSM but know I made my own mod without CSM and mys system reboots. It does this within the first one or two laps in a race.

It has something to do with the seize of the cars.wad file, when I use the default 2001 cars.wad (23mb) it doesnt reboot. When I play the old 2003 or 2004 mods, it also doesnt reboot (also small cars.wad files)

When I use a mod with a big cars.wad file (more than 50mb) my system reboots. This happens with all new mods (2005, 2006, 2007 etc). I have a system which is about a year old and I use WinXP and have all the latest drivers installed

This are my specs:
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 processor
2 GB memory
Geforce 7900GTX, 512 mb
DX9

In GPXpatch I have tried more setting for the CPU but this doesnt help.

Is there anybody here who has a similiar system? Which settings do you use? Please help!
Sorry for the tripple post..... I seem to have more problems with mys system...
Try reinstalling the game, and don't install any patches, just see if it runs without restarting, after that install patch 9.6 and than patch 3.91 and try again..if it doesn't reboots, than you can install mods (official mods that works 100%)

EDIT: btw, don't forget to delete the registry entry with regcleaner :)

Scuderia Ferrari Forever

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2007 11:55PM by mschumi.
Thanks for your reply.
The game works fine with the 9.6 patch, gpxpatch and the older mods with small car.wads

When I install big mods it crashes/reboots my system.
On my other older computer everything runs fine, only a lot slower because it's and old system :(

I want to run it on my new system but it just crashes..... could it be the dual core processor? Or the Geforce 7900GTX?
If its loading ok and rebooting in the first few laps is probaboly not related to the mod, CSM or game. Probably hardware.
Try turning off hyperthreading if you can or maybe uninstall printer.
Do you do anything when it crashes - change cameras etc. Is it on all tracks?

____
Tony

check ur SMPS too, cause when load comes to video card power is crucial for stability, what is ur SMPS spec's?

@Btone
there will be no hyperthreading for core 2 duo processor

===================================================================================================================
i7 950@4GHZ 1.24V|Asus P6X58D-E|Dominators 10GB(2GBx5)1600C8|Corsair H70|Corsair 800D|Corsair HX850|EVGA,Zotac GTX 2x470|VX2433W FULL HD|X-Fi Plantinum|Creative S750 Gigaworks7.1|NZXT Sentry 2|7TB
Yes, it happens on all tracks, but not allways. It seems it happens when I get a lot of cars in my view (so usually at the start when I'm at the back of the grid). When I'm in front of the the (first row) it doesn't happen. Also when using the TV-view and there are more cars on screen it crashes. So I think it has something to do with my videocard.

What is SMPS? How can I check this?

I also have a tripplehead2go installed but I have disabled it for GP4 with mods. For the orriginal GP4 with the small cars.wad I can play GP4 with the tripplehead2go without any problems at all!

Thanks for all your suggestions, I really appreciate it!
SMPS is a power unit like we say 400 watts,550 watts,etc , So just tell me model and wattage of ur unit so that i can check how much +12v rail present in ur SMPS(power unit). for ur video i would say confident that u need high powered SMPS with 32 amps minimum if not it crashs like this sometimes hardware fries too. maybe this is not the reason for u game crash but it could be.

to test check with other high-end games with full settings on in high resolutions, say LostPLanet DX9 game,Stalker,DIRT (colly RAlly),ghost recon Advanced warfighter etc, check the other games running in high settings with AA and AF (must) on for long period say atleast half hour or so. if they are not crashing and running fine then it's not ur SMPS problem.

then change ur video drivers to older or newer versions if possible than current one. Delete graphics file from ur GP4 folder.

Does it restart normally or any BLUE screens shows-up with error.

===================================================================================================================
i7 950@4GHZ 1.24V|Asus P6X58D-E|Dominators 10GB(2GBx5)1600C8|Corsair H70|Corsair 800D|Corsair HX850|EVGA,Zotac GTX 2x470|VX2433W FULL HD|X-Fi Plantinum|Creative S750 Gigaworks7.1|NZXT Sentry 2|7TB
Hi,
I have a Coolermaster Extrm Power 430W supply with passive PFC.
Could this cause the problem?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy