Playing with joystick?

Posted by SilverBlaze 
Playing with joystick?
Date: July 14, 2007 10:29AM
Posted by: SilverBlaze
Hello everybody.

I've been playing GP4 for almost a year now.. Since day 1 I've used my "Micro$oft sidewinder precision 2" joystick to play the game. Sadly.. it has never worked 100% ;/

So.. I've already gone over it.. but now I thought that these awesome guys in here might have a solution.. :}

Okay.. here's a pic to explain the "problem"

Simply.. GP4 does only recognize the movements of the main stick (x & y axis)
but not the slider, which I mainly use for accelerating and braking. It works in games like F12002, Richard Burns Rally and GTR2, but not with GP4..

This means.. I have to use digital buttons to accelerate and brake.. so you can just guess how difficult it is to drive in a wet track..

So: Here's my question.. Is there any way to get the slider work with GP4 like it works with other games so I could smoothly accelerate and brake..?

Thanks for you who were patient enough to read this.

HD SUZUKA - MENU ADDONS - ONBOARD CAMERAS - VIDS
Re: Playing with joystick?
Date: July 14, 2007 11:46AM
Posted by: Ahlex
Try to find last drivers for this joystick.
Date: July 14, 2007 12:13PM
Problem isn't in my joystick.. it's in GP4.. cause it's so old game.. it doesn't seem to understand joysticks have "sliders" like the one in the picture.. so I cannot use the slider to accelerate and brake.

Date: July 14, 2007 03:11PM
Posted by: Ahlex
Ok. I don't know how to get the slider work, sorry.
Date: July 23, 2007 11:07PM
Hey hou! I won't give up this easily!
So.. it's time for BuMp.. ;P

Date: July 24, 2007 04:28PM
Posted by: Go Alesi
Why don't you use the stick for accelerating and breaking too? Until a few years ago, I used a j/s and that's what I did.

Date: July 24, 2007 05:50PM
Go Alesi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why don't you use the stick for accelerating and
> breaking too? Until a few years ago, I used a j/s
> and that's what I did.

Have tried.. it works.. but it's horrible to drive.. ;/

Date: July 24, 2007 09:20PM
Posted by: Muks_C
use a Playstation 2 joypad, use the left joystick to steer, the right one to accelerate/brake. it's great.

(you'll need a PS2-to-USB converter, can be bought from Play.com: [www.play.com] or ebay, probably)

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: July 24, 2007 09:22PM
I have a pad with two "joysticks" but it's imbossible to drive cause the sensitivy is sooo high. ;/

Date: July 25, 2007 12:54AM
Posted by: smorr
@ Muks - X Button FTW!!! Analog Sucks!

Try a different USB Port. I had this issue in a flight sim, and it was simply due to the fact that the USB port didnt cooperate well. Switching it made my slider usefull again.

Though.... I thought you use a Joystick to fly a plane... Didnt know it was the Ferrari F16-07. Guess F1 really is the pinnacle of motorsports!

The Flanker is gone. :(
Date: July 25, 2007 02:28AM
Posted by: Lottech96
The best is the X360 controller and using XBCD software for use of "twin Trigger" control. especially when you want both throttle and brakes for going into turns (^o^)!!
Date: July 26, 2007 05:52AM
Posted by: rocker
Muks_C,

Do you race this way, I try my best, but I can't use my joypad in racing games, it feels the same as I 'm driving on a digital device.

My joypad is this one: [www.clone.com.br]

I thinks it's too difficult to use, maybe I never configurated its sensitivity right, do you use max or min sensitivity?

--------------------------------------------
Rocker
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy