gpxpatch - why should i use the 'debug' option?

Posted by wickerman 
gpxpatch - why should i use the 'debug' option?
Date: May 23, 2007 04:03PM
Posted by: wickerman
good afternoon all

by ticking 'debug' what exactly am i doing? should i always tick it? if so, what should i set 'vebosity' and 'cpu' to?

i've had a couple of crashes mid-game whilst running gpxpatch but did not get a log. where would i find it?

cheers
Yeah, check the debug box. As far as im aware, the verbosity setting is how detailed the log is... have it set to low and you'll only get the most basic of error details, but set it to high and you'll get tons of details. I think having it set to high can cause a little bit of extra po - but it's worth it!

as for cpu... i dont change it. If i remember right, it makes no diefference whatever it's set to... but dont take my word on that
thanks fella

how do i get my gpxpatch log if the game crashes?
should come up by itself when you get back to the desktop :)
the game crashed the other night, but the log did not appear. should it always appear automatically?

That's what my gpx patch looks like and it works every time
Re: gpxpatch - why should i use the 'debug' option?
Date: May 24, 2007 11:38AM
Posted by: b-tone
The log is found at gpxpdata\logs\gpxpload.txt

____
Tony

Hologide Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [i15.tinypic.com]
>
> That's what my gpx patch looks like and it works
> every time

when you say 'works every time', do you mean the game runs perfectly and never crashes using the settings in your picture or do you mean if it does crash you always get a gpxpatch log?

in your picture, you have vebosity highlighted as 'high' but set to 'low' - which do you use?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2007 03:17PM by wickerman.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy