Graphics card *yes I know, it's been asked before*

Posted by mortal 
Graphics card *yes I know, it's been asked before*
Date: May 05, 2007 11:46AM
Posted by: mortal
Thinking about ripping out the ATI Radeon 9250 128mb 4xAGP, but what to replace it with? After seeing the 07 mod run like a pig I have to do something about it. And, I don't want to spend too much doing it. I have a P4 2.4ghz 1gb ram.
Your advice appreesh :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
I asume you have Agp x8 so i sugest a N6600gt 256mb or if you like a Ati line i sugest a X700 256mb. With this your Gp4 should run a lot smoother and its not so expensive.

Ciao
searchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :-)
Thanks for the helpful advice bandido, I'll have a look on ebay now, and I'll ignore the comments from the peanut gallery ;-)
btw, can I use pci express? that's all that seems to be on ebay right now?

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2007 12:32PM by mortal.
Re: Graphics card *yes I know, it's been asked before*
Date: May 05, 2007 12:31PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Go for a cheap ati x850 256 mb,i know theyre old but it plays pretty much everything on max details..
Well i just discovered my mobo only has a 4XAGP so that might narrow down the upgrade a bit.
erm, what about this [cgi.ebay.com.au]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2007 12:58PM by mortal.
mortal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> btw, can I use pci express? that's all that seems
> to be on ebay right now?

AGP is (as you probably know) the older standard while PCI-Express is the latest and greatest. The advantage of PCI-Express is that it has a much higher bandwidth than AGP and it has a higher performance.
Architecturally, PCI-Express is a serial bus that can transmit data both ways simultaneously while AGP cant.

Sorry but you cant use pci-e because your computer doesnt sopport this.

Ciao
buy another vga agp with 512MB RAM 256bits!!! o_O

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
Re: Graphics card *yes I know, it's been asked before*
Date: May 05, 2007 03:26PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
you only need a graphics card with large memory if you have a small amount of ram,if you have say 2 gig,the graphics ram will probably never be used..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy