fongu's thread

Posted by fongu 
Oh sh** :O, pretty work Fongu ;)
Great work :)

So it seems every 2008 car is in progress or released.(Not sure about Williams, but I think Paolo and Mitsuro will work on it). :)
Fongu,

Once Again.......Masterfully Done!! :)
yes all 2008 cars are well advanced, except the Williams, but that's in hand :)

Yes it is 24000 polies, i got trigger happy on the 0's. Thanks for the comments, I'm sure Raul will come up with another stunner of a livery for you all to enjoy.

24000 loock like how much size the lod_0?

and just like say, like usual, fantastic car!

November 2, 2008
My heart stop beating two laps for the end. I back alive on last turn.
Fantastic work! :D I really like the rear wing...
Beautiful Car, again :D
wow car looks so great :P can't wait to see it with textures :)
SchueyFan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> considering it is a turkey shape, hopefully we get
> rubens' celebration livery as well at some stage...

You will, but both cars will run that livery, as both are mapped the same... but well, doesn't mind that...

raulgullon.com -
Wedding and Motorsports Photography.
well there is a way around that Raul ;-)

yeah I think you can just name the textures differently with gp4builder,then you can use different textures for both cars hehe :p
@Spidey, about early season version, the car only had different wings and slightly different bargeboards and they will probably be released with the car.

Maybe later I'll do a mid-season spec of the Toyota and the Honda

vesuvius Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> yeah I think you can just name the textures
> differently with gp4builder,then you can use
> different textures for both cars hehe :p

You can notice how much I play GP4... ;);) (I use that time to paint Fongu's beauties!)

raulgullon.com -
Wedding and Motorsports Photography.
Kev, I dont know whether u have or not but I noticed with the ferrari that with the front wheel covers (as i didnt do this with F2008 but should have;)) is to camber them slightly, as so with the wheels ingame they fit the wheel rim better, may take some tweaking to line it up but will look better!
Like I a say, I didnt do this with the ferrari and wish i had, so just thought id share the info, but if you already have thats cool ;)

And the Honda it self looks great as I said before!

How you have never used photos as blueprints before still amazes me! Great work on all your other shapes by using just the eye as reference!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2008 05:07PM by Craigo.
well i never trusted it as a reference because you don't know what perspective and how much fish eye and other lens effects there are that distorts the propotions of the car. For this car I only really used it for proportions of small areas, so the shape of fins and relative height of it next to something else etc.

I don't know what you mean about camber of the wheelcover, but mines more of a dome shape, so where it hits the rim, it's actually quite deep, where as the centre is at the same width as the front wheel, so when you turn the corner you can't see it much, and even on sharp corners there should be no bugs. I've tested it a fair bit, and i think its a simple but effective solution

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2008 05:24PM by fongu.
Haha ok, sounds like you have already got it sorted ;) Thought about it more than me with the whole front wheel cover, anyway great shape, cant wait!
simply amazing kev and raĆ¼l !!

matt
Great TF108 and SA08... I'm not a Honda fan anymore but hey good work with the RA108. Though... argh... the dumbo ears are the ugliest thing I have ever seen in F1. ;)

i guess that its time to open a sticky "2008 stuff" thread with links for downloads containing the 2008 season cars, tracks, helmets, and other stuff :P So everyone can make use of everything without asking for CSM mods repeatedly... :P

oh well... just my 2 cents :P

well there is one, and you'll find that I've all but completed all I've set out to do (besides this years Macca because I see Mitsuro is working on a stunner), and its not half way through the season yet :)

Whilst I'm looking for things to work on in the future, what might people like from me?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2008 10:46AM by fongu.
Join Duffer and create some '98 stuff.. ;>

HD SUZUKA - MENU ADDONS - ONBOARD CAMERAS - VIDS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy