fongu's thread

Posted by fongu 
ColdBlood Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great work!
>
> On the other hand, I want to point out one thing.
>
>
> I am not quite sure the underneath of the nose
> painted in black; it is a bit pointy.(front view)
>
> Here is my point:
>
> [img119.imageshack.us]
> opyfp7.jpg
>
> Sorry to be an nitpicker, but I want you guys to
> deliever the best result to the public.

Already pointed it out to Raul :)

anyway, nice to see constructive criticism of the community too, this is the way it should be :)

--> 2 times Worldchampion 2oo5 & 2oo6' <--

gezere Wrote:
> real pic(don't know where)

looks like bahrain to me

X (@ed24f1)
Great new screenshots, car is looking very nice.
Yep, car looks incredible. Template? :P

And for those who say car would have changed from that area since launch:

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
with the pointy nose cone, it's due to the way i've mapped it and managed the normals in that area, the shape itself is ok imo. What does need to change is those frong wing supports :/

As Raul's said many times this is early season car, and the front wing is the same, it's just at a different angle. They do have an alternative front wing, but that hasn't been run in any GP's yet, just friday practice.

Fungo m8, don't change the nosecone, I think it's good m8 :)

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Well, progress on textures are 99.9%. I'm tweaking (not now... tomorrow 2 exams...) the shadows that are a little bit off shape and the car will be released. When? When done ^_^

Sorry for not doing it before, but I'm having lots of probs... Real life, you know ;-)

raulgullon.com -
Wedding and Motorsports Photography.
take your time Raul :p thanks for the info :)
Yep like Vesa said...take your time :P

---------------------------------------------------------------------

“Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind.”
cheers raul, personal life = always first :)

take you're time :)

I agree with the others...just take your time and solve all problems in your personal life before those in Gp4 :)

CTDP 3D-Artist

TOYOTA RELEASED!!
;) [www.grandprixgames.org] ;)

raulgullon.com -
Wedding and Motorsports Photography.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2008 04:48PM by raulongo.
Time to resurrect an old thread! Obviously the SA08 is now released, but its no secret that the Honda RA108 shape is now also finished (turkey version), so I'll do something I've not done for ages and post a wip shot of the car!

This is the first car that I've made to real proportions from the Honda website and technical regulations on the F1 website. So the first thing you'll probably notice is that the car is much longer than most, but you'll benefit from correct proportions that is so often varying between different cars (front wing height and width, car width, rear wing height and width, wheelbase and overall length, height of t-cam etc). This is also the first car where I've modelled using photos as blueprints rather than using my eye which should give an all-together much more accurate car. I've tried to include much of what I've learned in smoothness, polystructure and mapping techniques that have become standard in my 2008 shapes and I've enjoyed the car so much its actually now up to 240,000 polies! But fear not, super low lods will come with the final package :)

fongu Wrote:
> I've enjoyed the car so much its actually now up
> to 240,000 polies! But fear not, super low lods
> will come with the final package :)

I hope you mean 24,000 ;)

Great-looking shape, and nice to hear about the proportions used, that is a great thing I think was missing in some recent cars. Looking forward to the finished car! :)

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
i have to say the car looks soooooooooooo amazing, it's the best honda i've ever seen
So all japanese cars are from you kev!

Very nice!!!
Awesome
Will there be a early season shape as well
If not no problem ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

“Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind.”
fantastic shape, congratulations!

considering it is a turkey shape, hopefully we get rubens' celebration livery as well at some stage :)

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2008 06:07PM by SchueyFan.
oh looks great mate! wonderful! :)

fantastic car ......

but really does it contain 0.24 million polies ????????
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy