HELP!!!

Posted by remerio122 
HELP!!!
Date: April 06, 2007 09:53PM
Posted by: remerio122
My Gp4 is running at 8 fps, i've tried to adjust the different settings in the graphics options, but, i was'nt sure what to adjust please can someone help, as this is most anoyhing.

------------------------------------------

"Remerio"
Re: HELP!!!
Date: April 06, 2007 10:25PM
Posted by: BenF1
What are your CPU specs?

[www.myspace.com]
Date: April 06, 2007 10:37PM
Posted by: Hologide
If you've got a T&L capable graphics card, check your f1graphics.cfg file (open with notepad) and make sure it's turned on (set to "1";)

Mine wasn't and i was able to double the frame rate by turning it on
Date: April 06, 2007 11:46PM
Im nbot sure if this is what you want but... its run on xp, the computer is amd sepron 2300+, 1.59 ghz, 768 mb of ram, and 75 gb hard drive, and graphics card nvidia geforce 6600

"Remerio"
Date: April 07, 2007 10:04AM
Posted by: mortal
GP4 is graphics hungry, and relies heavily on the cpu as well. Upgrade your cpu to a minimum 2.4ghz, increase your ram to 1GB if you can, check the current graphics card shop-around topic, in one of the forums somewhere. Sorry but GP4 is a pretty heavy duty sim, especially if you want to see it in all its glory. Have a look through the GP4FAQ, sticky on the message list. Good luck with it ;-)
Look here first.[www.grandprixgames.org]

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2007 10:07AM by mortal.
Date: April 07, 2007 10:11AM
Posted by: Sapo
Lol. It's also well to play with lesser specs than mortal suggested, however they are recommended.

Just experiment a bit with the f1graphics file, you can get quite good performance with not to bad gfx if you choose the right settings (for your pc)

Some say... he's even smaller than 20kb.
And some say... he's so offensive he could get you into trouble...
The only thing we know is that he's called...

THE SIG

Felipe Massa, World Champion 15:34:11pm- 15:34:21pm.
Date: April 07, 2007 08:28PM
Posted by: Harry
Disable video walls and heat haze in graphic options -
in Advanced graphic options - Display settings -
the second one - set it to Static.
Date: April 07, 2007 08:48PM
Posted by: SexySam182
I run GP4 on a 1.4ghz celeron laptop with no gfx card anfd it runs fine apart from mods. The graphics auto setup was fine for me

Date: April 07, 2007 08:55PM
Posted by: Sapo
SexySam182 schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I run GP4 on a 1.4ghz celeron laptop with no gfx
> card anfd it runs fine apart from mods. The
> graphics auto setup was fine for me

Exactly, but really EXACTLY the same story for me, same specs, same experience. Even the older mods run quite smooth.

Some say... he's even smaller than 20kb.
And some say... he's so offensive he could get you into trouble...
The only thing we know is that he's called...

THE SIG

Felipe Massa, World Champion 15:34:11pm- 15:34:21pm.
Date: April 09, 2007 12:00AM
Thanks alot Ill have to just try different things out and see what I come up with, thanks for all the help. Just another query, the framerates slider, in the avance graphics menu, when i put it right up to the best which I think, is about 45 it runs slow (the Cars Travel like snails) but with great graphics. I can get good graphics if i move it down to, 8 it goes fast, so it isnt to bad i guess, ill just have to be patient.

Thanks again

"Remerio"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy