Car lods problem

Posted by Renault#1Fan 
Car lods problem
Date: March 28, 2007 10:28AM
Posted by: Renault#1Fan
When in the game I get side by side with someone the carshape changes to a lower lod and the Williams has parts missing how do I fix this without having to use the high (car0) lod for car lod 1-4.
Re: Car lods problem
Date: March 28, 2007 04:15PM
Posted by: Hologide
Hmm... you could use lod0 for lod1 and lod2 - then keep lod3 and lod4 as they are to help keep po low.

or you could extract the lod0 into a 3d object editor and edit it youself, if you feel you have those skills.
Date: March 29, 2007 03:14AM
I've done that and still have a problem
Date: April 01, 2007 02:28PM
Posted by: nicol@cciarri
Maybe the problem is in the object order of the file ( gp4 file of car ). Try to extract the car from cars.wad, with textures. Using GP4 Builder, open the gp4 file, and, in Edit options, try to "sort object list".
This could be enough, in some istances, to solve problems. In case You still got it,
when You save the file in GP4 Builder, as gp4 file, You can then open it with Zmodeler ( converting tex files in tgs files ). Check that in the object list any object ( in lod 0 there are 28 ) has the final number (0)....'cos is a bug from Author of car. In this case, just rename the object without final ";(0)", before to save again it as gp4 file.
I know there was a Williams 2006 with this problem.
Date: April 01, 2007 05:19PM
Thanks I'll try that
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy