problems with patches

Posted by kyle 
problems with patches
Date: March 27, 2007 04:49PM
Posted by: kyle
hi there i got sick and tired of not being able to install season mods to gp4 about a year ago and deleted every tool and patch i had for the game and now the f1 season has started im gaging to play again but unfortunately the decrypted exe nocd patch on the grandprixgames.org website doesnt have anything in it when downloaded and that was the one i used before and the new decrypted nocd for gp4 1.02
and the official patch 9.6 makes my ferrari cars go completely white no liveries or anything and some other cars have others paintwork so i have 4 jaguars on track does anyone know how i can get the old decrypted exe nocd patch back
thanks
Re: problems with patches
Date: March 27, 2007 05:13PM
Posted by: Hologide
The decrypted exe on this website doesn't work?

[makephpbb.com]

try the one on here
Date: March 27, 2007 07:05PM
also do u no where i can get csm 1.26 for the new 1991 mod
Date: March 27, 2007 08:38PM
Posted by: b-tone
While its still in bet aphase the only place for CSM (its part of 'Zaz Tools';) is [www.gp4db.com]

____
Tony

Date: March 27, 2007 10:56PM
Posted by: Lottech96
kyle Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hi there i got sick and tired of not being able to
> install season mods to gp4 about a year ago and
> deleted every tool and patch i had for the game
> and now the f1 season has started im gaging to
> play again but unfortunately the decrypted exe
> nocd patch on the grandprixgames.org website
> doesnt have anything in it when downloaded and
> that was the one i used before and the new
> decrypted nocd for gp4 1.02
> and the official patch 9.6 makes my ferrari cars
> go completely white no liveries or anything and
> some other cars have others paintwork so i have 4
> jaguars on track does anyone know how i can get
> the old decrypted exe nocd patch back
> thanks

I was having the same problem! Now I'm thinking It's not the Wad. But I'm afraid to switch Exes that the game will not load (crash to desk).
Date: March 27, 2007 11:43PM
Posted by: Lo2k
What you call "old" files and "new" files are exactly the same because I downloaded the "old" files from old downloads section, repacked them with a little more text and a shortcut for Patch install and uploaded them in new download section.

Anyway, if your mods are modifying the exe, it's normal that copying back an exe over your current one will make you loose some mod changes...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2007 11:47PM by Lo2k.
Date: March 28, 2007 12:34AM
Posted by: schaller
Kyle. I believe you are hitting on the same issue I was complaining about last week. This thing where you wind up seeing 4 williams and some of the helmet textures are gone even though the cars.wad is perfect.
I believe the problem is in GPxPatch. On a clean install with not mods, my cars.wad is fine, but with GPxPatch, I get crazy car placement for 3 teams a couple white helmets.
This even happens with the default cars.wad when using GPxPatch. Obivously not everyone experiences this problem, or there would be more discussion about it.

Schaller
Date: March 30, 2007 08:58PM
so if its the gpxpatch does n e 1 no where i can maybe get a new 1 or fix this 1
thanks
Date: April 02, 2007 10:38PM
Posted by: schaller
OK. I found the problem. If you are having problems with cars showing up white and some of the helmets are white, even though you know your cars.wad is good. This problem is due to an incorrect installation of the patch and the executable itself.
If you have GP4 in an unpatched state, you have to use the unpatched, decryped no-cd GP4.exe.
If you want to use the patched program you must install the patch 1st. then you can use the decrypted (patched) GP4.exe.
When I say patched, I mean the official GP4 Patch by microprose.
installing the patch, then using the correct GP4.exe fixed all the problems.

Schaller
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy