help needed

Posted by drutzz 
help needed
Date: March 27, 2007 02:33PM
Posted by: drutzz
I have just got GP4 late I know but was happily using GP3 for ages but my new pc ( only 4 months old and still running on XP so know its not vista problems) wouldnt let me play GP3. So now have GP4 and loaded it in all ok but lets me play for about 20 mins then crashes to desktop and when i load the patches to see if this helps it tells me that i need to install Directx8 which I do then it tells me i haven't can anyone help cos getting really wracked off with it...
Re: help needed
Date: March 27, 2007 04:59PM
I know this isnt a popular question but please can someone help really keen to get started have installed the patch... but still keeps crashing..thats the only update so far ..haven't added any mods yet but it still keeps crashing can someone please help me...
Date: March 27, 2007 05:11PM
Posted by: Hologide
You using a decrypted GP4.exe?

If not, you can find it in the download section on this website.

You 100% sure that DirectX 8.0 is installed on your comp? If you run dxdiag that will let you know for sure, and if not you can re-install it from the GP4 CD-rom

If you have a GPxPatch log, post that :)
Date: March 27, 2007 06:34PM
thanks it almost worked ....crashed again but said that the problem was with the GP3exe file now... so almost there now... :) how do i call up the GPxPatch log to post it on the site ?
Date: March 27, 2007 07:43PM
Posted by: NickR
Try turning off hyperthreading in your bios. It used to make gp4 crash randomly.
Date: March 27, 2007 08:36PM
how do I do that Nick R :)
Date: March 27, 2007 08:53PM
Posted by: Lo2k
GP3exe ? aren't you playing GP4 now ? ;)

Hyperthreading can be disabled for GP4 in GPxpatch's main tab, setting CPU to CPU0.

Date: March 27, 2007 10:46PM
Posted by: Hologide
To view the GPx log after a crash, make sure debug option on GPxPatch is checked, and the verbosity is set to high. (I'm not sure how much of a difference the verbosity setting makes, but that's what I was always told to do...)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2007 11:34PM by Hologide.
Date: March 27, 2007 11:19PM
Posted by: mortal
Read the GP4FAQ sticky topic for info on where to post your crash log.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy