[WIP] Old Österreichring by brambilla & Turbo Lover

Posted by Turbo Lover 
Beautiful, quick and attractive track. Tanks ruben by a new and exciting work!

Cheers !
Wow! How scary this track must have been before it was off the calendar in the turbo days.... barriers lined the track, like a very fast street circuit!

Good work BTW, yet to complete a full timed lap, but will keep an eye on it. ;-)

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Thanks, Prost once said that every track could be changed, except the Österreichring; only adding some run-off areas. :)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
OK, I know it's only 5 days, but this I'm following and want it on the first page so it doesn't get lost in time. Any more news?

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

No problem with that turkey_machine, nice to know it still grabs your attention. :)

The real circuit is lost in time, but it won't happen to the GP4 track.

Now back to business, i've added kerbs to the track, reprofiled the Dr. Tiroch Kurve and the section before the Hella-Licht chicane, it was imo too bumpy.

At the moment i'm correcting the width of the banks around the track. After that i'm gonna create new land around the track with 3ds Max, i'm new to that so it maybe take some time to get it right.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

Cool, look forward to the next beta. :)

Some news about the track: Banks are done, created the original turn at the Hella-Light chicane and tighten up the width of the track; maximum width now is 9m instead of 14m.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

ME WANTS IT! :)

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
yes, looks great!

X (@ed24f1)
Re: [WIP] Old Österreichring +++ early beta available +++
Date: July 14, 2007 08:33AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Jagdpanzer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ME WANTS IT! :)

Me wants it too. jejeje.

Cheers :)
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

(Totaaaaallllly!)

;)

Turbo, any progress or updates?

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Nothing to be honest, cos i worked further on the Zandvoort track.

The good news is that i will smoothen the track this week, so i can start with building up the track.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

Good news. Please don't give up on these two (Zandvoort & Ost) as many of us are eagerly awaiting them! :)

No worries mate, i will surely continue, although the progress is slow despite my nickname hehe.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

Re: [WIP] Old Österreichring +++ early beta available +++
Date: September 04, 2007 02:33PM
Posted by: simcut
Looks excellent mate. Maybe you can spend some time boosting the graphics up a bit? seems very basic at the moment. Looks promising tho :)

=====================================
hmmmmmmm.....Scarlett Johansson......
I think the graphics can wait as the track requires lot of work too and it's more important for me.
Just a minor update on the speed of the lap..... GP4 original, 1:19. About 165 mph average! F***ing fast!!!! ;)

BTW, is there an updated beta? Only one I have and could spot is the original with the barriers lining Hella Licht, no kerbs either. :(

I upload this weekend an updated version of the track.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

(Drunkenly) I love you! ;)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy