Unrealistic time gap

Posted by sonix 
Unrealistic time gap
Date: March 12, 2007 05:16PM
Posted by: sonix
I noticed a little bug in the mod 2006. There are always 3 to 4 cars away in front, after 10 laps, the race leader simply starts to double the last drivers. This is not realistic, how can I fix this?

greetz
Re: Unrealistic time gap
Date: March 12, 2007 05:36PM
Posted by: Sapo
Why for every little problem a new thread?

And it's not unrealistic that the race leaders already start to lap the slow ones in about 10-12 laps, depending on what circuit.

Some say... he's even smaller than 20kb.
And some say... he's so offensive he could get you into trouble...
The only thing we know is that he's called...

THE SIG

Felipe Massa, World Champion 15:34:11pm- 15:34:21pm.
Date: March 12, 2007 06:36PM
I tell you that it's a bug, this is so unrealistic, and why shouldn't I open a new thread???
That's where the forum is for, no???!! If the problem is solved, it can be deleted at all times!

Nobody a solution?
Date: March 12, 2007 07:15PM
Posted by: Ruboy
Does it happen at every track? Or paticular ones?

As far as I know the specific performance of each car is determined by the performance file. There are also other parameters but they effect all cars...gaps between different drivers can only be achieved by performance files.

Date: March 12, 2007 08:43PM
Posted by: Sapo
sonix schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I tell you that it's a bug, this is so
> unrealistic, and why shouldn't I open a new
> thread???
> That's where the forum is for, no???!! If the
> problem is solved, it can be deleted at all
> times!
>
> Nobody a solution?

Because there's a whole bloody thread already about he 2006 mod, in which everyone's question get answered, because it's frequently read by the author's of that 2006 mod. Therefore the chances that your question is answered are a lot bigger than starting a new thread, especially because most people won;t have a clue that this thread is about the 2006 mod, when seeing it's title. And believe me, lot's of people don't read every new thread. And it keeps the forum tidy

[www.grandprixgames.org]

btw, in the mod files is a performance.txt (i believe even one for every track), and in here you can change the performance number for every driver in qually and race. Higher means faster, lower means slower. If i am right it's about 5 numbers.

Some say... he's even smaller than 20kb.
And some say... he's so offensive he could get you into trouble...
The only thing we know is that he's called...

THE SIG

Felipe Massa, World Champion 15:34:11pm- 15:34:21pm.
Date: March 12, 2007 08:52PM
Posted by: Willb
" I tell you that it's a bug, this is so unrealistic, and why shouldn't I open a new thread???
That's where the forum is for, no???!! If the problem is solved, it can be deleted at all times!

Nobody a solution?"

I think you are forgetting, we are not simply a technical support helpline. We are not here to answer you question and then delete it so in the future others with the same problem start a new thread about it.

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...
Date: March 12, 2007 09:03PM
Posted by: nicol@cciarri
@ Sonix: dear mate..reading your problem, I think You can fix, or improve your race results, changing a little your perf file texts. Particularly, You have to decrease the laptime gap ( perf value, for race...or also in qualify, if the problem is there too ) between drivers. Therefore: try to increase skill driver values, starting from the end ( last drivers on grid..that is the same to say, the slowest..) to the the top. You can do this manually, in perf texts, eventually with the help of some dedicated editors, sich as Team_editor. Here, You can see the percentage gap between each driver with the first one. Knowing real results, one should make specific performances with a correct setting...but this is a long work. You can only make a little bit more realistic your performances with some minor modification.
Check not only skill driver values, but also bhp car power for each team, in Your perf text. I mean...it's few useful change the skill value of a driver from 15500 to 15700, if then his car has a lot of car power difference from the other cars. You have to make realistic values for car power, and realistic value for perf drivers.
Date: March 13, 2007 03:07PM
Thanks for the help guys, I will try the suggestions

Sorry for the trouble

Laterz
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy