Car editing

Posted by egw 
Car editing
Date: February 10, 2007 05:05PM
Posted by: egw
Hi folks,

A bit of a total noob at this I'm afraid, I was ok with GP2 and GP3 but still haven't got the hang of GP4 yet.

What I want to do is create my own livery for a car. I don't want to change the carshap at all just the colours.

I have the Wadupdate and TexResizer that I'm told I need, and I also have Photo shop, I'd just like to know how I go about creating a car livery for my self.

Any help will result in loads and loads of thanks.

egw

(Shame I can't send beers on chat rooms :( )
Re: Car editing
Date: February 10, 2007 05:08PM
Posted by: kaid
you need to get the TEX of the car's and convert it to TGA's then you can open it in Photoshop to paint. I don't know exactly which programs you should use haven't done it for a while.

Date: February 10, 2007 06:03PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Matter is that livery mapping is different for each car, opposite to GP2/3.
So it's not that easy to just paint other existing liveries but if you grab one of the template car and use it as a unique car shape for all the cars in your game.

Anyhow, texresizer can be used to convert from tex (game texture format) to tga (standard image format) and "vice-versa".

Date: February 10, 2007 07:02PM
Posted by: egw
Where can I get a car template from? I've looked on the web without much success so far.
Date: February 10, 2007 07:07PM
Posted by: Lo2k
There are some in gpgmaes' old doanwlod pages : (search the page for the word "template" will save your time)
[old.grandprixgames.org]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy