Okay, so I'm looking to purchase a new laptop

Main specs:

XP Media Centre
2.13GHz Intel Pentium M with Centrino technology
1GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce Go 6800
100GB HDD
1600 x 1200 max resolution

Am I going to be able to run GP4 on max settings with all the main high-res upgrades?

[I would have searched, but with the way technology moves on these days, I wanted to be sure, so I posted a new topic]
Re: New comp
Date: February 09, 2007 05:07PM
Posted by: [FIN]Räkä
Yes you can run GP4 hi-res. :) But I recommend you to search for one with GeForce Go 7600 graphics card and Intel Core Duo 7200 processor. How much would that one you suggested cost? And how much can you afford?
Date: February 09, 2007 05:14PM
Posted by: Hologide
The one listed above will set me back about £400...

... and to be honest that's about all I can afford.

Hmm, I will look around for one with the specs you suggested. As far as I'm aware it is pretty upgradable (the graphics, anyway) so I should be alright in the long run.

Date: February 10, 2007 01:33PM
Posted by: Robert
that would be fine, and you shouldn't need anything better

Batracer - the online racing manager game - join here :) [batracer.com]
Date: February 11, 2007 08:55AM
Posted by: [FIN]Räkä
Omg £400 is 599 € and here in Finland they sell computers with crap graphics (eg. Intel GMA 900), Celeron 1,6 GHz processor, 512 Mb memory, 60 Gb HD and DVD-CD-RW combo by that price! :o

Can you tell the manufacturer and model?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2007 08:57AM by [FIN]Räkä.
Date: February 11, 2007 05:02PM
Posted by: Hologide
Should be worth pointing out that that is just the base laptop.

Might have XP on it but that is all. No software, no built in wifi, no floppy drive etc... it's probably gonna cost me another £200 just to get decent software/wireless on it...

Errr it's a Dell. Not sure about the model, I'm afraid. I reckon it might be an Inspiron 9300 but I'm honestly not 100% sure. It hasn't arrived yet. I'll gladly let you know what model it is when it arrives.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy