tire warming = affects?

Posted by bulwa-boy 
tire warming = affects?
Date: January 17, 2007 12:46PM
Posted by: bulwa-boy
I have 2 questions, is the "pre-race warmup" inteded for something or is it just for fun. and second is there anything about tire warming like when I dont warm the tires or when I am on first lap I dont get good grip on the track ???

please answer. thanks in advance
Re: tire warming = affects?
Date: January 17, 2007 12:50PM
Posted by: Viper-F1.com
Pre Race was just a shakedown on track conditions on Sunday. It has nothing to do with tyre warming.
Date: January 17, 2007 03:26PM
Posted by: felirrari
It would be nice if warming tyres makes any effect, like rfactor does.

Any chance???

Date: January 18, 2007 10:55AM
Simple answer, no. GP4 is built in a way that the only effect on the tyres is the cars setup on the wear on the tyre. If you take fresh tires, take off TC, and do an Alonso style "tyre warming" thing, you only induce wear rate on your tyres. Heat does not effect your game play in GP4. In my opinion, Tyre wear rate affects your speed/times in GP4. If you really wanna try a F1 game with tyre warming, play F1C or RFactor. GP4 = out of the question. You can do it if you want, but generally, no point to it.
Date: January 19, 2007 02:15AM
Posted by: ZaZ
I think Gp4 does have some sort of tyre temperature thingy. Never really looked at it in depth, but i do know that the first 3 laps (no matter how much fuel i have) i simply cannot drive optimal lap times.
It takes 2 to 4 laps to 'warm up'.

Try this:
set level to rookie to make sure you are first before the first corner..
create a 15 lap race and select 15 laps of fuel and then race 3 laps and save the game just before start/finish.
create a 15 lap race and select 12 laps of fuel and then save before reaching start/finish for the first time.

Load game#1 and try to set some hotlaps a couple of times.
Load game#2 and try to do the same.

In my experience it's much easier to drive fast in situation#1 and in both situations they have the exact same amount of fuel.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Date: January 19, 2007 04:32AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Set Rookie level to be first in corner ;) ;) ;)Jesus whats what.
I beat them every time in first corner in Ace level!!!
So obviously their is a setup issue problem.

Sorry i dont agree with either of those situations stated.

Less fuel means you will have less wieght in the car, so the car is faster.
Lap times should show easy that.

Many times people confuse smooth driving and driving on the edge.
Big diference. The first one is like driving easy, no locking brakes and taking good care of tyres.
The second one is when you risk it all every lap.

The last one its my kind of driving. I dont do it only for a hotlap i do that to for races too.

I say this as a hotlap champion and race driver champion in several webs ;-)

Cheers :)
Date: January 19, 2007 08:42AM
Posted by: BenF1
I have similar situations ZaZ, it takes a couple of laps to get to optimum grip in GP4 I find.

[www.myspace.com]
Date: January 19, 2007 09:27AM
Posted by: fongu
@jcaranti i don't think you understood what zaz is saying - he's offering a scientific (ish) method of proving it does exist...

Date: January 19, 2007 09:57AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
fongu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @jcaranti i don't think you understood what zaz is
> saying - he's offering a scientific (ish) method
> of proving it does exist...

Well for me it does not exist.
Date: January 19, 2007 10:45AM
Posted by: bulwa-boy
I really think there is something to it. Like I said on the first laps its very hard to drive normally but later its easy
Date: January 19, 2007 11:42AM
But that is mainly due to fuel lowering, and your confidence building, and each lap your sub-consciensly thinking that you can break later into that corner. Depends on your setup too, depends on tyre wear. I can always set the car up that my tyre wear rate goes to about 3mm by the end of a set of tires. Sometimes though, I'm quick, and other times i'm slow. I'm sorry to say this people, but GP4 is not sofisticated enough to take into effect every reality to make your car quicker. You could model a cube on wheels for a GP4 car, and do a car setup, and still be quicker than Schumacher on Ace level if you wanted to be. That's my rant over! :oD
Date: January 19, 2007 12:11PM
Posted by: Robert
when I first started playing GP4, it was my first driving game so I drove with auto-brakes on! Even with this, I did notice that I couldn't drive as fast in the first few laps even with the same amount of fuel as later in the race, so I think 'tire warming' does have a slight effect

Batracer - the online racing manager game - join here :) [batracer.com]
Date: January 19, 2007 01:44PM
Posted by: vesuvius
ZaZ is absolutely right and I have noticed it many times myself and I maybe have played gp4 more than most people in here in these bast 4 and half years ....so I have lot of experience about this kind of things ...
Date: January 19, 2007 03:46PM
Posted by: Ruboy
I always set my fastest lapimes in the first 3 laps...after lap three there is remarkable tyre wear...so ZaZ description is not valid for me.
Maybe it is due to my driving style...as keyboarder I push very hard and often lock the tyres when braking.

Date: January 19, 2007 03:49PM
Posted by: vesuvius
I myself do my best times when I come to pit ...if I go to pit in lap 25 I make my best laptime in lap 24 and 25 would be even faster if I wouldn't go to pit :P and then I usually make the fastest lap of the race in the final lap of the race :P
Date: January 19, 2007 03:49PM
Posted by: laurent
It's a very interesting topic though, I never thought there was a tyre temperature included in GP4.

But in every race I do, my split times are faster in my 2nd lap compared to my 1st laptime! (I can check it in S2 and S3).

It could be, when starting the race, I'm not 100% concentrated, neiter in a good rythm. After 1-2 laps I mostly have a pace till the end of the race.

Than, when starting the race again, I seem to suffer the same problem.

This can have 2 reasons:

- GP4 has indeed a tyre temperature included!
- When exiting the game, loading, and waiting for the lights go off, I lost my rythm again....

Maybe another fact. IF GP4 has tyre temps included, than it's very crap made! Cold tyres should really make you FEEL a difference, like it is in RFactor, NkPro, F1C, GPL, GTR1-2, LFS etc. There is no way to be fast on cold tyres there
Date: January 19, 2007 03:51PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
most of those games came out years after gp4 though, gp4 is still competing well against other f1 games today, five years after its release!

X (@ed24f1)
Date: January 19, 2007 04:04PM
Posted by: Willb
Well said :).

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy