GP4 Tweaker and 2006 Mod

Posted by ramoats 
GP4 Tweaker and 2006 Mod
Date: December 21, 2006 11:16PM
Posted by: ramoats
I finally got GP4 Tweaker installed for the 2006 beta mod, is there a trick to get the adjustments to work in the mod? Specificaly the tweak to adjust the quick race laps. I found the folder GPSAVES\Carsets\The2006Mod_v0.1PublicBeta\Data\Tweaker which contains an ini file. But there is no line to activate the quick race lap adjustment....
Re: GP4 Tweaker and 2006 Mod
Date: December 21, 2006 11:54PM
During a search I found a technique where you use the Tweaker GUI to make the changes (which is written to the bin file in the main directory. Then take that bin file and copy it to the Carsets\The2006Mod_v0.1PublicBeta\Data\Tweaker folder. Only it fails to change the quickrace distance. I notice there is no line in the tweak ini file for quick race distance to activate...is there a more current ini file I can use or does some one have the line to include?

(See I did search !!!!)
Date: December 22, 2006 12:49AM
Posted by: ZaZ
you can try to tick the gpxpatch button in csm and set your settings there. that way it'll probably apply for that mod only

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Date: December 22, 2006 02:50PM
ZAZ

Two things.....

What do settings inside of GPX Patch have to do with GP4 Tweaker?

Secondly, my experimentation has recreated the dreaded error message when CSM starts saying that GP4 exe has been changed by an editor such as GP4 Tweak forcing me to replace the GP4 exe again...
Is this a case that for now CSM and GP4 Tweak won't work together when using the GP4 Tweak GUI outside of the mod?

EDIT....I wish I spoke Italian but as I do not, all of the valuable info at the GP4 Italia Forums is unavailable to me...it does appear however they advocate turning off original cars wad and GP4 exe checks in the CSM options menu.

Is it true that if turning off auto restore will make the mod permanent?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2006 03:27PM by ramoats.
Date: December 22, 2006 03:55PM
1) it was late, i misread your question. sorry.
2) GP4 Tweaker stores some settings in the exe and some in the bin. Seems that this is a case where it stores the setting in the exe. You can however still do what i described above and set the quickrace length in gpxpatch. go to the gpxset tab and then session settings.

Date: December 22, 2006 05:23PM
Thank you very much.....
Date: December 22, 2006 06:05PM
Is it true that if turning off auto restore will make the mod permanent? Anybody ??
Date: December 22, 2006 07:03PM
Posted by: Prblanco
No, you can restore manually with the Restore button, or if you apply another Mod.

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Date: December 22, 2006 10:24PM
You misunderstand....I am looking for a way to make it permanent...
Date: December 22, 2006 10:51PM
Posted by: Spidey
Hi,

i have replaced some cars on the 2006 Beta Mod. Now i want to adapt the helmets and St-Wheels with Tweaker Real Time Editing.
I know the controls: I=Up, M=Down etc...

But how can i save the changes before i leave the game?
Because when i have done the changes and leave the game, the next time when i strat the it is like before editing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

“Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind.”

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2006 11:00PM by Spidey.
Date: December 22, 2006 11:09PM
Posted by: Prblanco
@ramoats:

It's kind of permanent, the Mod will stay there for how much time you want. But it's different from the older CSM "make permanent" option.

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Date: December 23, 2006 03:41AM
you can still make it permanent, but there's no turning back (hence the word) ;)
you can make it permanent by running the csmcore with the /p parameter from the console.

Date: December 23, 2006 04:36PM
Yes Zaz, this may be what I'm looking for. I have seperate installs for all of my mods for many reasons. In short, I just launch csm core.exe from the Zaz GP4 Tools folder and go from there with your /p instruction?
Date: December 23, 2006 04:55PM
Have anyone a answer to my question?

“Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind.”
Date: December 23, 2006 05:05PM
Spidy, I think Zaz or the authors of GP4 Tweaker may have to help on this...I'm betting based on my experimentation that the data/adjustments your trying to save is being written to the GP4 Tweak bin in the main directory...this bin file isn't looked at by the mod, the mod looks at the bin file located in the mods data directory...you could try backing up the bin in the mods directory and then copying the bin from the main directory in there. I figured this out by checking file date modified details after making changes. I sort of abandoned any further playing around here because I started getting errors when I launched CSM. I got the mod working pretty well so I didn't want to mess it up now....

Hope this helps...
Date: December 23, 2006 05:39PM
Hmmm...thanks for this.

But i guess there is one key or key-combination to save them directly in game...
Or were this actually saved automatically?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2006 05:45PM by Spidey.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy