F1 MOD 1998 | Released (LEECHED MOD LINK REMOVED) CLOSED

Posted by Schumi-Fan 
Re: F1 MOD 1998 | Released
Date: December 09, 2006 12:05AM
Posted by: Monza972
i knew it!!!! Guys, why go to thismuch trouble if you know you're gonna get shot down on the battle field? I feel sorry for the CTDP group
Date: December 09, 2006 12:07AM
Posted by: matt
well im sure if its leeched CSM will be deleting it off hard drives pretty soon

Date: December 09, 2006 12:16AM
Posted by: fongu
from experience, moaning doesn't seem to stop them... messages are deleted by the admin... sad sad story

Date: December 09, 2006 12:29AM
Posted by: jpmfw
Hey Kev i think this might be de ja vu or however the hell you spell it.Remember earlier this year,same old same old :(,as you say, no point moaning,they didn`t listen the first time around, i`m sure a moderator hammer will fall pretty soon :)

EDIT- Moderators contacted

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2006 12:32AM by jpmfw.
Date: December 09, 2006 12:41AM
Posted by: vesuvius
yes same sad story :(
Date: December 09, 2006 07:52AM
Posted by: Jolkins
matt3454 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jolkins Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> [www.gfx-dream.lv]
> Put this image in you singnature if you are
> Michael fan! He always be our Nr.1.
>
>
> erm that image is only 100 times over the sig
> limit here...

Ok ;) I will remove it
Date: December 09, 2006 08:51AM
Posted by: Alexander Schumacher
No words.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2006 09:41AM by Alexander Schumacher.
Date: December 09, 2006 09:20AM
Posted by: Nickv
Can you please speak English?
Date: December 09, 2006 09:23AM
Posted by: Alexander Schumacher
no words

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2006 09:40AM by Alexander Schumacher.
Date: December 09, 2006 09:36AM
Posted by: Guimengo
The thing is, as much as you may have modified you need to still ask for permission before you do anything that makes this available to the public. It is specified by the makers of the original mod that these type of works cannot be made without authorization, and they will allow it if the conversion is of a good standard.

Just understand the more that this happens, the less amount of good things we get, it's a lose-lose situation in the mid/long-run
Date: December 09, 2006 09:38AM
Posted by: Nickv
Alexander Schumacher schreef:
> Nickv Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Can you please speak English?
>
> I speek English if you have not noticed it yet.

You use English words, but I can hardly get the meaning of your sentences.
Date: December 11, 2006 01:02PM
Posted by: mortal
The link to the leeched mod host site has been removed from the thread starter post, any future links will also be removed.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: December 11, 2006 01:27PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
I read an interesting post on RSC regarding leaching, and a russian person posted saying:

Stupid west copyright paranoia... In Russia we can easly copy author's work without author permission if it is not for commercial purposes with notification who was original author and that all rewards should follow to original author.

Perhaps you don't consider a mod "commercial"? In any case, it is released for an audience, therefore it is public, therefore permission should be asked and notification of the original authors given.

As was posted on the same page, It's not rocket science is it?
Re: F1 MOD 1998 | Released (LEECHED MOD LINK REMOVED)
Date: December 11, 2006 01:49PM
Posted by: Guimengo
maybe when coming from a country where the developer of the AK-47 lives in almost poverty you have a different view on copyrights, unfortunately
Date: December 11, 2006 02:01PM
Posted by: Red_Bull
> Stupid west copyright paranoia... In Russia we can
> easly copy author's work without author permission
> if it is not for commercial purposes with
> notification who was original author and that all
> rewards should follow to original author.

If I remember correctly, it's called Communism. It failed about the same time the Wall came down and people realised that living in the West was a much more attractive option. Go home.

Date: December 11, 2006 02:32PM
Posted by: AdamGilchrist
zeppelin101 Wrote:
> I read an interesting post on RSC regarding
> leaching, and a russian person posted saying:
>
> Stupid west copyright paranoia... In Russia we can
> easly copy author's work without author permission
> if it is not for commercial purposes with
> notification who was original author and that all
> rewards should follow to original author.
>
> Perhaps you don't consider a mod "commercial"? In
> any case, it is released for an audience,
> therefore it is public, therefore permission
> should be asked and notification of the original
> authors given.
>
> As was posted on the same page, It's not rocket
> science is it?

high and mighty words... dont download it then, i bet you did anyway.... many peeople will, including myself. people like you post things like this but end up adding the mod to your collection anyways. i think if the guys who create it are under 18, legal age, kids just like you zeppelin, then they shouldnt be called such criminals like people on this site insinuate. dont like it, then ignore it, cos it happens everywhere in the world, and with all modable games. even the modified canada track in tonys 2005 mod is 'leached' as it uses someone elses track, and modifies it without permission. only the distinction is ctdps mod was made free, and sold free. while geoff crammond and co were payed for their work, and people had to pay for the game. i think modifying commercial progams is a worse crime, ie ricardo lambert modifying tracks, and putting his name all over it, IT IS 100% LEACHING TOO. zepellin, why arent you also critisising the modified canada track in the 2005 mod? it is leached, why arent you critising it? the people who modified the track didnt ask the makers of the original track for fks sake. but guys like you dont turn a blind eye to that, and slag of others more intensly, others who are still children in some cases and may be damaged by so called "community" critism of mainly this grandprixgames site community. people who are just having fun, cos its just a game. eschumi suffered serverly on this site previously, cos too many people slag off straight away and dont understand the nationality, age, culture etc of the people who modify this stuff. go grow some pubes, its not the end of the world what they are doing, the mod on this site could easily delete this thread if its so bad. you also dont understand copyright laws around the whole world, only your own country. its just a game, and people having fun, mainly 'kids' under 18. but then there is the losers on this site who think they are the police of everything gp4, and want everyone to use csm,and only play what they made, and delete peoples personal gp4 mods. im sick of this site, i think ill stick to gp4spain, they got some nice stuff coming out, new mod with new cars, new 2006 tracks like hungaroring, and no csm bullcrap deleting my car wads.
Date: December 11, 2006 02:47PM
Posted by: justagamer
"i think ill stick to gp4spain, they got some nice stuff coming out, new mod with new cars, new 2006 tracks like hungaroring, and no csm bullcrap deleting my car wads."

Feel free to.
Date: December 11, 2006 02:47PM
Posted by: oliver_33
we have the same view on copyrights as others. just do not pay attention of what this guy is talking about. he's too young. 13 years old if I remember correctly
@ Gui: be careful with words saying about Russia coz we have powerful rockets :P

---

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2006 02:49PM by oliver_33.
Date: December 11, 2006 03:15PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
@Adam Gilchrist: Once again piling your @#$%& on the fire. In fact, its ungrateful @#$%& like you that have made me decide I really can't be @#$%& with GP4 anymore. No, I haven't downloaded this mod, I'm not going to, I havent played GP4 for months. I suggest your @#$%& off and find some people just like you to wally in @#$%& with.

Screw GP4, and screw the bastards like you that are destroying what was a nice little community
Date: December 11, 2006 03:28PM
Posted by: jpmfw
@Igor,don`t worry mate,i know that you`re a good Russian :) :),i think people should be careful how you word posts,we don`t want a nationality issue to break out.At the end of the day,the Mods have deleted the link.We`ve been here before,not so long ago.The matter`s been dealt with.Surely the sensible thing to do is leave it at that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy