BMW Sauber by Spoony&Bojan is online

Posted by bojan_tarticchio 
Re: BMW Sauber by Spoony&Bojan is online
Date: October 18, 2006 04:10PM
Posted by: theRedRacer
Looking very very sharp, well done Bo and Spoon, now play with it! ^_^

..........................................................................................

Date: October 18, 2006 04:12PM
Posted by: sunil
@bojan
u said beta. so i thought to give u some feed back.

the car is perfect no doubt.

but for me the front nose texture is flickering when the car is far away from camera when in track view mode. is it texture problem or my problem.

and general question , why some cars (only few cars i say few cars)flicker very odd in track view mode.am i missing any tex file for supporting cars.i use lod0 only
i use AA and AF at max still i have this problem. please help

===================================================================================================================
i7 950@4GHZ 1.24V|Asus P6X58D-E|Dominators 10GB(2GBx5)1600C8|Corsair H70|Corsair 800D|Corsair HX850|EVGA,Zotac GTX 2x470|VX2433W FULL HD|X-Fi Plantinum|Creative S750 Gigaworks7.1|NZXT Sentry 2|7TB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2006 04:16PM by sunil.
Date: October 18, 2006 04:31PM
Posted by: fongu
its a clipping problem, its to do with the damage model being close to the surface. It happens when the trackside camera is quite far away from the car. It looks worse on white cars.

Date: October 18, 2006 05:28PM
ur exactly correct especially with white cars it looks more worse.

ok, any solution for this please. this problem is major with ur car also example, super aguri. no offence

===================================================================================================================
i7 950@4GHZ 1.24V|Asus P6X58D-E|Dominators 10GB(2GBx5)1600C8|Corsair H70|Corsair 800D|Corsair HX850|EVGA,Zotac GTX 2x470|VX2433W FULL HD|X-Fi Plantinum|Creative S750 Gigaworks7.1|NZXT Sentry 2|7TB
Date: October 18, 2006 06:01PM
Posted by: fongu
delete the damage model i guess :/

Date: October 18, 2006 06:06PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
fongu schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> delete the damage model i guess :/

Sato will be pleased. ;)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: October 18, 2006 07:14PM
@fongu

can u tell how do i do that. please

thanks in advance

Date: October 18, 2006 08:06PM
Posted by: Senna
Turbo Lover Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> fongu schreef:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > delete the damage model i guess :/
>
>
> Sato will be pleased. ;)

LMAO!

"I'm an artist, the track is my canvas, and the car is my brush."
Date: October 18, 2006 08:34PM
Posted by: AdamGilchrist
im having trouble getting the textures to work. i downloaded the newest file.. and installed in sauber slot, so i didnt rename the lod files. only thing i have changed is copied the lod 0 to lod 1,2,3 and 4 also. but i can only see the shape in game, and no textures, the car is just a weird silvere colour. the textures are named hi_bmw06_1.tex, hi_bmw06_2.tex and hi_bmw_3.tex. its strange its not working, i always use hi_ textures, and have the graphics config set to use it. is there something wrong with the newest files uploaded? cos i notice they were updated twice.
Date: October 18, 2006 09:12PM
Posted by: Spoony
Here you could get it.
[members.chello.at]
Date: October 19, 2006 12:47AM
Posted by: quickslick
@AdamGilchrist, you have to unpack your cars wad and delete the old sauber tex files, after this, install the new bmw sauber manually and repack the cars wad. Now it should works for you :-)
Date: October 19, 2006 03:36AM
Posted by: champion
AdamGilchrist Wrote:

im having trouble getting the textures to work. i downloaded the newest file.. and installed in sauber slot, so i didnt rename the lod files. only thing i have changed is copied the lod 0 to lod 1,2,3 and 4 also. but i can only see the shape in game, and no textures, the car is just a weird silvere colour. the textures are named hi_bmw06_1.tex, hi_bmw06_2.tex and hi_bmw_3.tex. its strange its not working, i always use hi_ textures, and have the graphics config set to use it. is there something wrong with the newest files uploaded? cos i notice they were updated twice.

I have the same problem, reinstalled from updated files but still getting silver cars???? The only way I coud see it is from far and the second car....

I am using it in mod so no need to install to wad manually and files I replaced worked fine so is the other "winged BMW" at other tracks.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2006 05:36AM by champion.
Date: October 19, 2006 07:18AM
oh you're right. I had a look in 3d editor and there are no textures named for the shape, that's the reason why it is still blank
Date: October 19, 2006 07:28AM
Posted by: bojan_tarticchio
Just to let you know that we're perfectly aware about clipping problem, and in final version I'm pretty sure this will be gone.

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Date: October 19, 2006 07:33AM
that's nice Bojan:-) but please would you be so kind to have a look at the car in 3d editor? there are no textures assigned for the shapes, what happened?
Date: October 19, 2006 07:46AM
oh, thanks bojan for response

can u tell me how to delete damage model

Date: October 19, 2006 09:42AM
@ quicksilk

Weird. My only idea is that perhaps Spoony messed something with latest bug fix. I'll check it out.

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Date: October 19, 2006 09:44AM
ok, thanks:-)
Date: October 19, 2006 10:25AM
Indeed, Spoony's latest fix doesn't have texture assigned to shape :-) Ts, ts, Spoony :-P
Try again now, previous version is back on my link on first post.

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Date: October 19, 2006 10:39AM
Posted by: b-tone
I've updated the file on gp4db.com now

____
Tony

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy