f1graphics.cfg problem.....

Posted by MJ2006 
f1graphics.cfg problem.....
Date: October 07, 2006 07:40PM
Posted by: MJ2006
right, so ive got a new computer, and its running perfectly in T-Cam view, cockpit view, onboard camera, and MOST of the time in out-of-car camera view (the view you get when you press left arrow). so i said MOST of the time out-of-car view is ok, but some of the time, (monza and melbourne to name a couple of tracks) the P.O. suffers and goes up to anything between 200 and 400, and the game is really slow and jerky when the cars are far away....as the cars get close to the camera its back to its usual P.O, then when it moves to the next camera, it does it again.

Now ive found a setting in my f1graphics.cfg...

Set 0 => no 8bit alpha (all stencil - yuck) 8 => all 8bit alpha (no stencil - nice) else 1-7 as cut off

it was set at 7, so i changed it too 8, it fixed the slow P.O. problem at monza/melbourne, but its now created a new problem, i went to 2006 hockenheim, and the scenery in alot of places had gone, but then it flashes back every so often when the car gets close to it......strange.

anyway changed the setting back to 7, and it fixes hockenheim, but slows monza and melbourne again.

any ideas on what i can do to solve this so monza and melbourne run fast, and germany track graphics are all ok, all the same time, not one OR the other.

my computer is a core 2 duo E6300, 512MB X1900XT graphics card, 2gb pc6400 ram

thanks very much for any help, sorry its a long read, but really want this resolved :)

Mark
Re: f1graphics.cfg problem.....
Date: October 07, 2006 08:14PM
Posted by: Willb
I know you're pc is awesome bu try lowering the af filtering that has certainly helped me with similar problems.

You should never change that line the graphics config, it really messes upo the graphics on most tracks, textures go missing , scenery dissapears, general awefulness.

Anyway hope this helps a bit :) .

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...
Date: October 07, 2006 09:40PM
Posted by: Duncan Idaho
I was wondering if I can see your setup... My computer is similar to yours.

---------------------------

My Video Game Collection (Missing NES/SNES games)
Date: October 07, 2006 11:23PM
@will - i tried lowering the AF but made not difference......so i set all the ATI settings to lowest quality, best performance, and it runs like a dream, BUT looks awful, so now i will try and find what the cause was, and just disable it :)

@duncan - who was your question aimed at? :)
Date: October 07, 2006 11:28PM
At you MJ :)

Oh wait, I don't really need it anymore (I messed around with my own, and got it working I think), but I would like to see it to compare.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2006 11:40PM by Duncan Idaho.
Date: October 07, 2006 11:44PM
Posted by: jpmfw
@MJ2006,PM me your mail address and i`ll send you a .cfg to try, i`m using an x1900xt,it might help :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: October 08, 2006 12:20AM
right chaps, ive sorted it now, got it working just as i want it....i dropped the anti-aliasing down from 6x to 2x, that seems to have worked!

will - thanks for your help on this!

Duncan, do you want to compare f1graphics config???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2014 12:08PM by MJ2006.
Date: October 08, 2006 12:37AM
Sure.

I will email mine to you, but you should change your email so no bots pick it up.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy