Ruboy's WIP track thread: plans for 2008

Posted by Ruboy 
Hi there,
I need some special type of texture with good resolution in 1:2 format (at least 128*256).

I am searching for a kerb texture with three colours...NOT two.

I found one good texture. It's from MarioB's and Tony's Brno (and Lasitz) track but it has bit too much dirt effect. So if anyone has a texture it would be cool :) Colour does not matter as I will edit it anyway...the combination I am going to use does not exist yet as far as I know :)

Ah, and does anyone has a clean shiny floor texture...maybe from marble :) It does not have to be marble, but something clean looking which would attract Ron Dennis a lot ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2007 12:01AM by Ruboy.
Ruboy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's not my track and neither yours :)
>
> Btw, are you still working on it (secretly)? I
> like the layout very much :)

I'm taking a break. I need to find motivation to START the right side banks ;)

Wish me good luck :)
Ruboy's WIP track thread: plans for 2008
Date: December 29, 2007 10:11PM
Posted by: Ruboy
I think that it's a good moment for ginving some information which plans I have for 2008. At the moment I am not at home and thus I can think about GP4 instead of working on it ;)

I always was quite optimistic concerning how long I would work on a project. Poeploe probably noticed that it was always much longer that announced...but the result was always worth the additional wait. I never sacrificed quality for quick release and I never will in the future.

In october I began a new part of life. I have started studies in another town and I quickly realized that they require a lot of work...that means I have less free time than before which of course affects the speed of developpement of the tracks. Unfortunatly this sizuation will be worse in january and february because I have o pass my exams then. So what you have to be aware of is that my work on GP4 track will take longer and I am not able to make any assumptions about release dates. I love GP4 becuase I love F1 and this game is imo the best F1 game...and planning and bulding tracks and working together with other talented poeple is much fun for me.

The rest will remain unchanged :) This was not bad news, I just told that I won't be that productive as in the past anymore...but quality will not be decreased :)

I have a three particular track projects planned for 2008 and there will be some other ones in cooperation with Gildoorf, PrBlanco and Jimbob.

This is defintely planned for 2008 and I am sure it also could be the maximum for me:

1) Monaco 2007 (with gildoorf)
I already have finsihed the .dat file this summer, but since then there was no progress. I plan to continue on Monaco in january.

2) Shanghai 2006/06 (by Samuele, help by gildoorf)
I am really sorry that only few progress was made during one year. Samuele (32Bobo32) showed first screenshots one year ago and the track is still not released. That's just my fault...but as you know I want to finish it in best quality and I had no enough time and motivation to continue it until now. I want to apologize to Samuele for this because he started this project and it's still in the making. But I really have much motivation for this track after my exams and I am sure I will finish it.

3) Barcelona 2007 (with gildoorf)
Already drivable but still a lot of work to do...when I finish Monaco I will decide if I continue with Shanghai or Barcelona first.

I want to start Monaco as soon as possible, but maybe I will update Vancouver (by Jim) at the begnning of january. I don't know yet, I will decide spontaneously.

Well, that'S from me now. Happy new year and good luck for 2008 :)

Cheers :)

Re: Ruboy's WIP track thread: plans for 2008
Date: December 29, 2007 11:14PM
Posted by: _Erix_
Martin, it was about time you took a new approach to this. I made a change in my daily life a few months back and it makes you think about priorities and how to use your energy wisely. I wish you all the best for the coming exams.

There's no bad news when you're saying Monaco, Shanghai and Barcelona are still in the pipeline! Take it easy, we'll see those track coming in slowly but steadily :-)

[1991] [2003] [2004] [gp2 world series]
Date: December 29, 2007 11:30PM
Posted by: Buzz Hornet
Thanks for the update Martin, sounds a good plan.
Date: December 30, 2007 12:30AM
Posted by: rosberg91
tahnsk mate for update , happy new year ......
Date: December 30, 2007 01:01AM
Posted by: gildoorf
Hi Martin,

If depends on a friend of mine, 3 tracks will be not enough.

But fortunately GP4 gather guys so nice as you!

Happy 2008!

Date: December 31, 2007 09:34AM
Posted by: sunil
thanks for the update

BTW i wish u a happy new year

Take ur time to finish them with quality which u always gave top priority and we were satisfied always.
But my friendly advise is to finish main current F1 race tracks then go for other tracks. though it all depends on ur time and interest which track u should take on. i am just giving my piece of advise.don't mind

bye bye

===================================================================================================================
i7 950@4GHZ 1.24V|Asus P6X58D-E|Dominators 10GB(2GBx5)1600C8|Corsair H70|Corsair 800D|Corsair HX850|EVGA,Zotac GTX 2x470|VX2433W FULL HD|X-Fi Plantinum|Creative S750 Gigaworks7.1|NZXT Sentry 2|7TB
Date: December 31, 2007 11:49AM
Posted by: 32BOBO32
keep it easy mate ;)
Date: February 24, 2008 10:34PM
Posted by: SkaaningeN
yeah, wishes the best m8. Hope you will be albe to finish Shanghai and Monaco sometime :)

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Date: February 24, 2008 11:09PM
Well, I saw you wondered about Shanghai at GP4world ;-) so I will reply :)

I am really extremely extremely busy with studies these days so that I had no time for GP4 except for helping ShueyFan with his A1Ring update...my last difficult exams are the next days. so after that I will have some more time...not too much but more than now. I run a test at Monaco yesterday and gained so much new motivation but I won't finish it the next the next month for sure...but I plan to do some stuff to Shainghai during the next 3 weeks so I am optimistic to bring this one out. I'll keep you up to date...but at the moment there is no progress. But there will be in some weeks.

Date: February 24, 2008 11:56PM
Posted by: SkaaningeN
okay m8, nice to hear that.. keep it cool :)

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Date: February 25, 2008 02:39PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
ok, thanks for the update - if you need some help i'm happy to assist you

X (@ed24f1)
Date: March 05, 2008 03:31PM
I have a problem and I hope someone knows how I can fix it.

I am working on a track currently and it only works when using TSM...when I install it manually it always crashes at half of loading screen :(

Date: March 05, 2008 03:43PM
Posted by: vesuvius
maybe some files inside the track.wad is named wrong?or maybe the track.wad is named wrong...
Date: March 05, 2008 04:13PM
No, all names are correct.

Date: March 05, 2008 04:23PM
Posted by: b-tone
Try going to the MD Tab and clicking on Save

____
Tony

Date: March 06, 2008 05:28AM
Posted by: Bigbrother
yeah if tracks crashes without using TSM then its most time an error in the magic data :-)
Date: March 06, 2008 09:44AM
Ok, I'll check it. Last time I a track worked only with manual installation and not with TSm and I did what Tony said and then it worked...so I am surprised because now it's the other way round.

Date: March 07, 2008 09:40PM
Another problem...maybe some track maker know's the solution:

Anytime I import jimbob's safety car object into the .gp4 it always looks terrible ingame, transparency issues, wrong normals, flipped textures.

It happens when I import it directly from the release package or when I export it from another track where it works fine (f.e. A1-Ring 2007) and import it into the new track...it's always messed up :(
Already tried fixing green objects, fixing parts to object, fixing normals, unfiying ground normals, inverte normals...no success...damn

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy