BMW Sauber F1 06 V1 MONZA by Andry & Paolo RELEASED P6

Posted by jpmfw 
Thanks guys, that has made an already great car even greater :)
Can anybody tell me how i can install this in Tony's 2006 Mod...i know how to replace the lod files that are included but what about the tex files?
Installing cars in the mod just involves copying the files into place. The mods lock doesn't stop installing cars at all.
Each car has an ini controlling what loads at each track. Find the ini at Data/Cars/BMW/Default.ini for instance.
In that it will have something like 'defaultcar=Sakhir' and 'defaulttex=Sakhir'. That means that any shape (.gp4) files in the Data/Cars/BMW/Car/Sakhir and any tex files in Data/Cars/BMW/Hi(or Std or Lo)/Sakhir will be used at all tracks.
So put the new files in those folders. The .gp4 file names can be anything as long as they follow the car_TEAMNAME_carX_lod_Y.gp4 format.
The Hi, Std and Lo are the different resolutions. If you only use Hi, then ignore the others.

To make some track specific cars theres two things to do.
First you can just make a new folder and place files in there. The folder must match the track name (Monza, Imola, Barcelona etc -).
So you can create Data/Cars/BMW/Car/Monza and Data/Cars/BMW/Hi/Monza.
Any files in those folders will be used at Monza only.

To use them at another track add some variables to the Default.ini.
For the carshape add lines like:
cartrack10=Monza
That means the Monza shape will be used at track 10.

Same for textures:
cartextrack10=Monza

Simple, no?

Very nice looking car guys :)

____
Tony

Thanks i figured it out :),
Just one more thing in the tex folders e.g Hi\Sakhir\ there are three different tex files. To install a car should i replace all those tex files are replacing one would be enuff?
You should delete all the old files if you're replacing the car. The number of textures depends on what the author made. If theres only one then theres only one :)

____
Tony

Re: BMW Sauber F1 06 by Andry & Paolo RELEASED
Date: September 26, 2006 09:01PM
Posted by: matt
jpmfw Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> The updated car,with a proper Alpha will be available on sunday,then
> on Tuesday the Monza version of the car will be released
>
> ......................................................................
> ................................
> Go on! you know you want to

just thought i would ask nicely.is the monza version being released today as i havent seen any screens of it so far or does that mean any tuesday ;)

LOL!!!!, sorry,it`s still going to be released,there`s been a hold up, ya know!! that thing called er, "real life" ;););)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take your time Paolo and Andry :) I'm sure it will worth ;)

--> 2 times Worldchampion 2oo5 & 2oo6' <--

b-tone Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> You should delete all the old files if you're replacing the car. The
> number of textures depends on what the author made. If theres only one
> then theres only one
>
> ____
> Tony
>
>
Yeah will try this, tried replacing all the files with that one file and the cars appear white.
News on Monza version,i`ve been a lil busy with real life stuff over the last 24 hrs.That`s out the way now,so the car is not far away :),thanks for your patience

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2006 05:16PM by jpmfw.
No worries. I'm sure it's worth the wait.:)
Hehe, another update on the Monza version,release will be later this evening.For sure :)

cool, i''ll be waiting

===================================================================================================================
i7 950@4GHZ 1.24V|Asus P6X58D-E|Dominators 10GB(2GBx5)1600C8|Corsair H70|Corsair 800D|Corsair HX850|EVGA,Zotac GTX 2x470|VX2433W FULL HD|X-Fi Plantinum|Creative S750 Gigaworks7.1|NZXT Sentry 2|7TB
But for Sunil it`s not available ;) ;) ;) (joking my friend)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2006 07:28PM by jpmfw.
Looks sharp. :)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
thanks jpm. are you going to add the visit pit lane park on the sides of the cockpit surround?

@matt,yes,anyone got a shot of it??

EDIT - forget that request,got one :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2006 08:17PM by jpmfw.
check the andry and paolo thread at gp4 world some pics for you ;-)
Made something:P

Magic Senna
Now that, i like!!!!!!!,very very nice render Guido. Thankyou :) :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy