Unlocking GP4's maximum performance

Posted by zeppelin101 
Re: Unlocking GP4's maximum performance
Date: September 13, 2006 12:59PM
Posted by: mortal
Can I have that too please :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: September 13, 2006 08:54PM
Posted by: damunoz
damunoz Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> I'm going to test it in my modest pc (athlon 2.4, 1GB ram, fx5200
> 256mb agp 8x, 80gb hd, winxp-sp2)... and tell you later...
>
> JPM, you still #1 !!!

Well, Last night I test the game with 60 fps and it doesn't work for my config... :(

I'm thinking about change my pc for a intel P4 2.6GHz, maybe can I have some extra performance instead the actual config (26 fps with all med res and mirrors off, 105-120% PO...)

Back to basics... I feel like a newbie! hahahahaa!!!
Date: September 14, 2006 01:38AM
Posted by: dcuk7
@ zep

I just tried this and man did the game run smoother. The only problem was when all the cars where on the screen my PO went to over 200 and it started to slow down (I probably need a better optimised f1graphics file). Loved how smooth it was to drive though.

- Jacques Villeneuve 1997 World Champion
Date: September 14, 2006 07:51AM
Posted by: andrewf1
I tryed this last night....the game runs super smooth, but it's slow if u know what I mean? PO was over 200 most of the time, I'll try tuning the graphics down a bit and see how it goes..
Date: September 14, 2006 10:21AM
Posted by: Camacho
Hi all friends!!

well, I think that compromise between performance and quality is the key of gp4.

Of course each computer is a different case. I don't think that a configuration would work in every computer at the same way.

each gamer have to reach his own compromise, trying and trying...

I had been trying for months and for now, I'm able to play a championship.

First I sarted with 25 frps, and everything on. At the time I installed new circuits, I had to decrease my settings. And when I had installed the new cars it was the chaos!
Finally I run with all high-res, mirrors off, 20 frps, no lights, no shadows, no dinamic lightning...
When appear all the cars at the same time I have a PO about 105-115%. It's playable, I think.
I have a notebook pc, 3.2 ghz, 645mb ram, 60gb and an ATI mobility radeon 9000 with 128 mb shared. My card is my problem, I know.

I don't understand why people of you with cards of 256 mb are having problems.

I try to elevate the frps to 40 and my PO was around 170% only showing 6 cars.

If I try 60 my computer will explode je, je!!

Thabks for all and avery happy racing from spain!!
Date: September 14, 2006 12:06PM
Posted by: vesuvius
I must say that 30 fps is better than 60 fps if you want to feel the speed .somehow 60 fps with 40% to 90% PO feels like you would drive 50 KM/H but when I play with 30 fps it feels much faster so I think I will still use 30 -34 fps from now on because the speed of the car feels much better .
Date: September 14, 2006 12:51PM
Posted by: AdamGilchrist
Yeh shore, it unlocks gp4s maximum performance.... if you want to play in utter slow motion and feel like your driving 40kmh at 300kmh. if this were to work like magic, then its a magic trick people havent realised since gp2 and gp3, as that used the same system. on my pc, the car runs at proper speed at about 30fps, so on a pc like mine all 60 fps does, is slow the game speed down by half, but true the frate rate doubles so it looks smoother.
Date: September 14, 2006 01:04PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
I Agree with vesuvius,i play the gp2 mod at 60 fps mainly because the cars are slower anyway but i dont really get much of a po hit from that anyway,but f1 i play at 45fps,it does seem much faster,and i dont get po spikes everynow and then either..and i have graphics maxed out too..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2006 01:05PM by lee1971.
Date: September 14, 2006 01:32PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
Well I didn't say it would work for everyone, it works for me, but mind you, I'm not desperate to get my hands on all the latest ultra res mods, I still use the default cars for tweaking tracks and put my own cars in sometimes.

For me, it was a bit of luck, I just rammed it up to 60 and my PO dropped, even when there were more cars on the screen, so it's probably pot luck and down to the fact I have a very good graphics card twinned with a low end CPU
Date: September 14, 2006 02:08PM
Posted by: b-tone
I tried and failed :p but did get it to run ok in the end. Depending on the background programs i was usually about 20fps and 100-150 po, but now i'm about 25fps and under 100 po.
keeping the po under 100 makes a huge difference, and i don't see the difference with fps that much. once its in the 20s or 30s its ok.

@zep, can you post your cfg? i have a good grx card and poor processor too, so maybe theres a way to make the card do the work.

____
Tony

Date: September 14, 2006 05:33PM
Posted by: khizerk
Willb: I actually have almost the same settings as you, except for the dynamic lighting. Game recommend 31 fps but i keep it at 26, cauz i think otherwise the game sometimes slows down when many cars are nearby.

Will try dynamic lighting today.
Date: September 14, 2006 10:38PM
Posted by: bignav88
I agree with vesuvious, i tried runnin the game at 60fps and my PO was like 300!!! i aint got like a super duper computer, its just a standard 2.4Ghz Intel Celeron with 512 DDR RAM, and a Nvidia GeForce 4 FX5200 video card.

I run everythin at high with a fps of 18 and i must say the game runs unbeleiveably smooth, the PO hovers around 80-90! when i'm going fast, it really feels fast so i reckon y'll should try doin that.

put everythin to high, set the fps at 18 and see what happens!
Date: September 15, 2006 12:59AM
Posted by: chet
what res u run? i have almost same settings. well but 1gb ram and an fx 5700.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: September 15, 2006 09:09AM
Posted by: kaid
tried it and it seems to work :)
Normally i played at 35 with everyting on high and now 60, no po increase nothing only a smoother game :)

Date: September 15, 2006 09:36AM
Posted by: zeppelin101
chet Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> what res u run? i have almost same settings. well but 1gb ram and an
> fx 5700.
>
>

1280x1024 chet, but your gfx card wouldn't hold it with these settings methinks, FX's are getting really old :P

@kaid: At least it works for someone :)

I'll upload my .cfg later, I'd advise using it only if you've got an AGP 6600 series or above, obviously if you have an uber pc, ignore it :P
Date: September 15, 2006 03:54PM
Posted by: bignav88
i run my game at 1024*768
Date: September 16, 2006 08:34AM
Posted by: kewell_fever
people, i got nice am happy with my game rite now but not with my tires. they dont look very hi res even though they r actually. i use the tyre update by lee. can anybody tell me how to make my tires look better? i dont really know how to tweak around with the f1graphic.

Date: September 16, 2006 07:10PM
Posted by: Enzojz
20%-30% in the pit , 50-70% on the track.

1280x1024 , 60fps , all high , no AA , 16x AF.

A64 3000+ oc 2.4g , 512 DDR400 , 60XT oc 460/1.25

A Racing and Rail fan.
Date: October 07, 2006 09:04PM
Posted by: Duncan Idaho
I would like to ask if anyone had a high end f1graphics.cfg file. I am running a Core 2 Duo 2.40/2gig ram/ATI X1900XTX system.

---------------------------

My Video Game Collection (Missing NES/SNES games)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy