Teraur's FW28

Posted by MarcA 
Re: Teraur's FW28
Date: September 11, 2006 03:29PM
Posted by: welshjim22
Easy people i don't like mods either. However, having just made painted my own car on a template FW27 by Intweb i have a lot of time for those that make cars from scratch and wouln't want them to stop. i would support paying maybe via ebay but as demonstrated above that isn't always fair. My only area of confusion is why a car is good enough for a mod is not released independantly. But i didn't make it so who am i to complain.

Maybe the car builders could maake things clearer by telling us if they will be made available individually and if so approximate release dates for those cars already in a MOD. When a car is in construction i wouldn't expect an ETA until finished but already available in MOD form cars could possibly be given release dates. Maybe a thread could be started for those that build and texture cars to give release dates and ammend them as necessary, if possible only allow these people to post in that thread. That way we could stop all the requests that have been made for the SA06 or Teraur's FW28.

Helmet Courtesy of Dangerous.
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.0, ASUS P5N32-SLI E
896MB nVIDIA GeForce BFG 260GTX OC, 19"SONY SDM-HS95PR
4GB DDR2 800MHz
Date: September 11, 2006 05:01PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
although a good idea, i think it is illegal to charge money for mods...

X (@ed24f1)
Date: September 11, 2006 05:10PM
Posted by: MarcA
A fair reason why people don't use CSM is because when you don't, you can customize everything to how you want it.

Date: September 11, 2006 05:12PM
yes, i prefer not to use csm

however, this problem should be successfully solved if zaz creates the lock that works in csm and without csm (which he is working on)

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2006 05:13PM by SchueyFan.
Date: September 11, 2006 05:14PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
same here,i get nothing but problems with it,my gp4 runs perfect without it...could do with an easier way of updating pitboxes though...
Date: September 11, 2006 05:15PM
that is what plus will be for, i suppose...

X (@ed24f1)
Date: September 11, 2006 05:15PM
Posted by: MarcA
I don't see why this thread has turned into talking about paying for cars. I was only asking why the car was in a CSM mod and not released. I wasn't aware of the sidepod debate.

Date: September 11, 2006 05:16PM
Posted by: Paco
MarcA Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> A fair reason why people don't use CSM is because when you don't, you
> can customize everything to how you want it.

that's not a fair reason, "you can customize everything to how you want it" using CSM as well ;-)

I'm against sigpics
Date: September 11, 2006 06:08PM
Posted by: NeoLiot
what you can't customize in CSM???
Date: September 11, 2006 08:01PM
Posted by: Harry
I tried the car but the williams of Marosci & Tallendorf is much
better (no offensive).
Date: September 11, 2006 08:40PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
SchueyFan Wrote:
> although a good idea, i think it is illegal to charge money for
> mods...
>

Since Microprose aren't in business anymore, they won't care, and Infogrames certainly don't cos they're making a killing thanks to out modders ;-)
Date: September 11, 2006 08:56PM
Posted by: Muks_C
i only brought up the idea of payments to make those who keep asking for stuff wonder if they would be asking so much if they had to actually pay for it.

@ Sunil, i picked the figure of £5 at random. but in reality if you look at the time and effort it takes to make a car, even £100 wouldn't be enough for 1 car.

so think how lucky we are that the carmakers are kind enough to give us all these things for free. they could very easily set up a Paypal account and ask for compulsory donations to be made from every person who wishes to download something they have made, but they don't, so we should be grateful whether it takes 10 days or 10 months to make and release a new car.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: September 11, 2006 09:03PM
Posted by: sunil
Mukesh,

i told the same thing before what u said now. why are repeating this again and again. just go through again in my post , this is for enjoyment so we are all defy'ly lucky to have all mods so far for free.

===================================================================================================================
i7 950@4GHZ 1.24V|Asus P6X58D-E|Dominators 10GB(2GBx5)1600C8|Corsair H70|Corsair 800D|Corsair HX850|EVGA,Zotac GTX 2x470|VX2433W FULL HD|X-Fi Plantinum|Creative S750 Gigaworks7.1|NZXT Sentry 2|7TB
Date: September 11, 2006 09:17PM
Posted by: Muks_C
i was explaining how i chose the £5 figure, becauase you said it's too much because most people are kids here, but i feel in reality it's probably way more than that figure if you actually calculated the time it took to make it.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: September 12, 2006 12:30AM
Posted by: sunil
ok, friend just leave it

===================================================================================================================
i7 950@4GHZ 1.24V|Asus P6X58D-E|Dominators 10GB(2GBx5)1600C8|Corsair H70|Corsair 800D|Corsair HX850|EVGA,Zotac GTX 2x470|VX2433W FULL HD|X-Fi Plantinum|Creative S750 Gigaworks7.1|NZXT Sentry 2|7TB
Date: September 12, 2006 05:17PM
zeppelin101 Wrote:
> SchueyFan Wrote:
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > although a good idea, i think it is illegal to charge money for
> > mods...
> >
>
> Since Microprose aren't in business anymore, they won't care, and
> Infogrames certainly don't cos they're making a killing thanks to out
> modders
>
>
>
> yawn
> Lap of the day: Montreal, 1:11.172
> (\__/) Beware the evil bunny|
> (='.'=) <|
> (";)_(";)
>
> mmm drift

but i dont think F1 itself would be very happy about it - we do not have the license to release things...

X (@ed24f1)
Date: September 12, 2006 07:12PM
Posted by: Spoony
I think we don`t have license to sell the things but for free there is no prob.
Also nobody could tell the shapers what they may shape and what not!! But to make money with it is a prob. If we do not have the right to share it for free so i understand *NO MODS NO GP4*. I want to say clearly that the Shapers do it cause they like it but if another make small updates with out permission and not asking the autor and release it anyway so there is clear they will stop the release of it. And the GP4 Community would die.
Date: September 12, 2006 07:16PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
well said:)
Date: September 12, 2006 07:29PM
Posted by: jpmfw
The most sensible thing anyone`s said.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: September 12, 2006 07:36PM
Posted by: Spoony
Sorry jpmfw but what do you mean with *most sensible*?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy