Sakhir and Shanghai....?

Posted by MJ2006 
Sakhir and Shanghai....?
Date: August 31, 2006 10:00AM
Posted by: MJ2006
Just wondered if there are any plans for these tracks, to be made to 2006 spec with nice textures, and no cars through pit walls etc :)

I know that bahrain pit buildings differ from gp4 default ones, but im thinking that wouldnt it be better to get the garages correct, then just make the pit building as good as possible...it may not be accurate but then at least cars wont be sitting in the walls ;)

was just an idea really, im the same as everyone else, we want the tracks releasing, and to high quality....so hopefully these will be made, and to the same quality as Istanbul!

Cheers

Mark.
Re: Sakhir and Shanghai....?
Date: August 31, 2006 10:01AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
i think ruboy plans on making a shanghai update next

sakhir is still in a very beta stage, but i'm sure there will be updates in the future

X (@ed24f1)
Date: August 31, 2006 10:27AM
would be great if we could have all the tracks high res.....really its just these 2 tracks :)
Date: August 31, 2006 10:59AM
Posted by: Tobchina
Sakhir is the only track that I don't know how it ends, all the time I tried to race on it, it crashed before the end, most of the times around lap 23, I can not find the error, so, I gave up.
Shanghai is reasonable to race, need some updates, as Shanghai is not a "flat" track.
Date: August 31, 2006 12:00PM
Posted by: sheva
High-res send texture in Bahrain would be great. Does someone have it?
Date: August 31, 2006 12:08PM
does the current shanghai have decent pit garages, where cars arent behind / clashing with walls?
Date: August 31, 2006 01:46PM
Posted by: Monza972
shanghai has cars lined up in the garages
Date: August 31, 2006 09:39PM
Posted by: wolpol
i have the probleme too. in bahein and shanghai
and in fötus and in pasagada all the races i drive in 15 -20 lap the races are freeze the game (stand still) all the ather track i have no problems bat this 4 track i have problems.i need help too thanks
Date: September 01, 2006 12:17AM
Posted by: erwin_78
i'm/we are slowly getting started on bahrain again, so hold your horses...

WYSIWYG / F1: Overtaking has become a strategy!
Date: September 01, 2006 12:22AM
Posted by: vesuvius
nice to see you here Erwin and very good news too :)
Date: September 01, 2006 12:23AM
@erwin:

So what new updates have you got planned for bahrain
Date: September 01, 2006 12:47AM
hopfullt the pit buildings shall be sorted, so cars arent sat in walls :)

hopefully the textures will be hi-res too :)
Date: September 01, 2006 07:13AM
Posted by: Ruboy
MJ2006 Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> hopfullt the pit buildings shall be sorted, so cars arent sat in walls

Probably not. It's better to have an original building and to wait until there is a fix in the future.

Date: September 01, 2006 09:08AM
Monza972 Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> @erwin:
>
> So what new updates have you got planned for bahrain
>

We had some big plans to start all over again with the physics. We already reworked the elevations (before the summer-stop, which i'm very happy about) and we still have to move the pitlane to make it work with the pitwall.

First release will probably be a test version again, new track (as described above) with very few track objects.

Hopefully we can kill some bugs from the feedback we get and get the track running for a full race. As i understand Turkey is fully working, maybe we have to see that as an example. Luckely for me Ruboy is helping me big time :)

Then (and only then) i will start adding (new) track objects until it looks like the real life version.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2006 09:09AM by erwin_78.
Date: September 01, 2006 03:50PM
Posted by: Ruboy
Yes, Erwin is right. At first the physics (dat) have to be perfect - without any bug - before going on with the graphics.
So please let him work in peace :)

Date: September 01, 2006 07:02PM
Posted by: Camacho
Good news and very good expectations!!!

Like erwin says, istanbul is an example at the moment: a very new circuit that runs perfectly and looks like real life version. Also the cc-line in istanbul is, for me, perfect. It's really, really fantastic the track and emotion that ruboy has bringed to us!!

congratulations!! I hope bahrein and shanghai will be similar to istanbul in the future. Give you all of my support friends!!

Happy racing from spain!!!
Date: September 01, 2006 07:51PM
@ruboy:

could i ask you something about the istanbul track... will you be using the 2006 pitwalls from ttm for your istanbul 2006 track? as i'm abit curious
Date: September 01, 2006 08:18PM
Posted by: Prblanco
About Shakhir I think it would be nice to add one or more lower lods to the tower and make the "full" tower visible only from a short distance (less than 300-500 meters) as a measure to minimize the PO raise on main straight.

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Date: September 01, 2006 08:58PM
the tower? it not even has 50 vertices...but you might want to have lower lods for the roof of all the buildings. Those are huge, but i tried to create something without huge texture loads to see what the PO load is.

Date: September 01, 2006 09:07PM
Posted by: Prblanco
This tower: [www.in.gr] I might have made a mistake with the rFactor version, but yet I recall seeing here a high-detailed tower shape.

Anyway, it's very good if it has less than 50 vertices.

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy