86 Mod... Pit Stops?

Posted by Jagdpanzer 
86 Mod... Pit Stops?
Date: August 12, 2006 06:33AM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
Hey guys. I know the 86 mod is set up so the AI does no pit stops during a race. How do I edit things to make the AI pit at least once during a race?

You get to use a bit more strategy when you know everybody has to pit, so I would like to change it around...

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Re: 86 Mod... Pit Stops?
Date: August 12, 2006 11:50AM
Posted by: Ruboy
Pit & Lap Editor

Date: August 12, 2006 10:10PM
I'll see if I can find it Ruboy....

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: August 12, 2006 10:17PM
Posted by: b-tone
I had a quick look and cam't see where they've eliminated the pitstops.
pit&lap edits the magic data but that lets you choose 1,2 or 3 stops. not 0.

____
Tony

Date: August 12, 2006 11:06PM
Posted by: matt
probably edited the gp4.exe which comes with the mod

Date: August 13, 2006 04:48AM
I wrote the first post in this thread the other night before running a race, and after reading the read me in the 86 docs file included in the mod. The docs say this:

"in 86 season refuelling were prohibited by rules but not the pitstops,so many drivers
start races using soft compound tyres changed during the race. Gp4 cannot change only
the tyre set without make a refuelling at pitstop,so we have set the mod to force
the cc-cars not having any pitstop.Try to start your races with full fuel if you like
realism."

Well after setting my fuel load to full and planning no stops I ran about 15 race laps at the Hungaroring and then suddenly most of the CC cars started to pit. At least half the field came in, so now I'm not sure whether the mod is actually set to no pit stops or not!

I plan on another race there this evening to see what happens if I do pit....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2006 04:48AM by Jagdpanzer.
Date: August 13, 2006 01:46PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Jagdpanzer schreef:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> I plan on another race there this evening to see what happens if I do
> pit....

What a cliffhanger Jagdpanzer. ;)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: August 17, 2006 11:56PM
Well Turbo Lover, I finally did run that race, and all the other teams came in to pit on their own, so I guess I don't have a problem with pit stops after all.

But a related issue has come up... the McLaren has Pirelli tires instead of Goodyear. I suppose this occured somehow because I race the Benetton quite a bit in the mod, and they did use the Pirelli. But being a stickler for detail, I would like to see the Mclaren with Goodyears. The mod is Tweaker based, and I use the Tweaker with my other mods too, so I don't suppose I could use Team Editor to correct this issue.

Is there a config line in the mod I could check or edit to correct this? Where would it be located?

Date: August 18, 2006 12:39AM
Posted by: matt
look in the carset tyres folder and open up the wheel_mclaren tex files are they showing pirelli,s.if so copy the wheel-bridgestones to the wheel_mclarens.

Date: August 18, 2006 02:49AM
Matt, thanks. I checked the wheel_mclaren tex and it shows the Goodyear, but if I select Prost's car I get the Pirelli's anyway. Wish I could figure this one out....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2006 02:50AM by Jagdpanzer.
Date: August 18, 2006 06:08AM
open the perf file (Data\Patch\WR1986_Perf.txt) and change this lilne:
[Tyres]
Team #00=1

to :
[Tyres]
Team #00=2

____
Tony

Date: August 18, 2006 06:43AM
b-tone Wrote:
> open the perf file (Data\Patch\WR1986_Perf.txt) and change this
> lilne:
>
> Team #00=1
>
> to :
>
> Team #00=2
>
> ____
> Tony
>
>

Tony I followed your advice and now everyone has Goodyears. I have assigned #1 to Benetton, Ligier, Brabham, and Minardi as they all ran Pirelli, and #2 to the other teams that ran Goodyear. But in game apparently whatever team #00 runs, everyone runs.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Date: August 18, 2006 07:06AM
i don't really know exactly, but i'm sure:
0=michelin (pirelli)
1=bridgestone (goodyear)

there might be some other conflict somewhere though.

____
Tony

Date: August 18, 2006 07:47AM
Problem solved Tony! Your second post cleared things up! BTW, I'm downloading the 2006 mod now (dialup)really looking forward to trying it out.

Thanks for all your help! :)

Date: August 18, 2006 12:15PM
Posted by: Willb
"I'm downloading the 2006 mod now (dialup) . . . "

poor guy :o !

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...
Date: August 18, 2006 09:52PM
Willb Wrote:
> "I'm downloading the 2006 mod now (dialup) . . . "
>
> poor guy !

LOL Willb ! Yeah dial up is a major pain when it comes to getting new mods, but as long as you can use a download manager it usually works o.k.

I've actually found the 3-4 day wait seems to increase your sense of anticipation, and makes trying the new stuff a lot of fun.

Still, I'm looking forward to the day when I have a decent connection again....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy